Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Thoughts about Quantum anything

ambelamba

I was browsing through any relevant information about quantum tunnel effect and entanglement because somehow I got interested in quantum communication.

One of the few things I learned about it is that...you really shouldn't associate quantum physics with any kind of metaphysical thing at all.

But you guys will do it anyway.

Truth is, even theoretical physicists are really, really confused about the whole concept. And unfortunately spiritualists really think they know better than physicists about the subject.

Probably..only in America.

...you really shouldn't associate quantum physics with any kind of metaphysical thing at all.

Then why start the thread in the Spirituality section? Just to say "this doesn't belong here"?

Because you started your thread in the spirituality section!

Seriously, it sounds like you're just trying to start a fight with someone.

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 2

This thread should just get stuffed, in my opinion, until some clarification is provided.

Ambelamba: "Probably..only in America" - that was telling.

I see where biochemists are thinking that it is likely photosynthesis makes use of quantum phenomena. This seems sensible since at some point the chloroplast has to deal with individual photons.

I had always dismissed quantum phenomena in considerations of mental existence because of the vast difference in size between the world of quantum events and neurons and their associated transmission chemicals. (To use they are both extremely small, but the difference is several orders of magnitude).

I was browsing through any relevant information about quantum tunnel effect and entanglement because somehow I got interested in quantum communication.

One of the few things I learned about it is that...you really shouldn't associate quantum physics with any kind of metaphysical thing at all.

Truth is, even theoretical physicists are really, really confused about the whole concept. And unfortunately spiritualists really think they know better than physicists about the subject.

Probably..only in America.

I don't know what you have been reading, but they are not confused about anything. It's a scientists job to describe the way nature works its the philosophers job to try and figure out what it means. They are two seperate endevours. The counter intuitive implications of QM does not confuse scientists, but it does astonish them. people that see potential spiritual implications in the results are not wrong or right anymore than Somone attempting a physicalist inturpretation.

"Only in America" we'll then I guess we are just a bunch of idiots then. Google, the PC, iPhone et all all created by a bunch of irrational woo worshipers.

Edited by White Crane Feather

I see where biochemists are thinking that it is likely photosynthesis makes use of quantum phenomena. This seems sensible since at some point the chloroplast has to deal with individual photons.

I had always dismissed quantum phenomena in considerations of mental existence because of the vast difference in size between the world of quantum events and neurons and their associated transmission chemicals. (To use they are both extremely small, but the difference is several orders of magnitude).

It dosnt matter. Even within those structures QM must be providing the basic system. QM effects can be extremely large. Stars do not produce enough heat to sustain fusion in their core. Tunneling provides the aditional energy. What this means the a QM affect is directly responsible for all denser matter, all life on earth, and all galaxy's, stars etc etc. I'd say its not that far fetch that quantum affects have something to do with conciousness.

I guess I get really angry over social injustice because I take everything very personally.

Maybe it has to do with my past. When I was a college freshman in Korea, my university was one of the last bastions of student movement. And my major was Law. And by nature I became a very unforgiving person...well?

So, all the manipulations and deceptions over gullible people (most of human populations) became unpardonable evil to me. And over many years, such evils are very prevalent in the both sides of ponds.