Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forget Where No Man Has Gone Before!

behavioralist

Man does not want to explore the galaxy; he just wants to exploit the solar system, turning the space-program from a government cash-cow like war, into a thriving business. This can be best accomplished by ultra-light materials mechanicals, autonomic and as surrogates (sofa-astronauts), surrogates meaning signal-velocity boosting technology would become priceless.

In fantasy man has met Cylons, Klingons, and all the Star Wars aliens and so forth, the only ones who really found him objectionable on semi-solid grounds (rather than for being so much like the aliens) being “The Day The Earth Stood Still”, b/w version, and even the b/w Klatu was such a close cousin of man that he needed a cop to keep him in line.

Man suffers from apocalyptic egomania, and is not more welcome in the galaxy than he is in nature. Man was born a motherless ape, an orphan that was never raised by anyone; and his only social action once mature is the taking of hostages where possible. H

is relationship with nature is that it can’t get rid of him.

Painting the galaxy (or a galaxy far far away) with aliens whose technological advances have led them to contract the same disease has no bearing upon the reality of the galaxy.

Technology is not even a million years old, from where man was about as inventive as the chimp today (which may be an observer effect: monkey see, monkey do); and real boats have been around for a few millennia.

The galaxy is not likely to have evolved a close approximation of this particular blip and glitch on the evolutionary calendar and preserved it so that two such developments could meet, never mind a five year mission of such encounters at warp six.

Man has considered himself a special species for such a short time that it can’t really be called a species, and as this special “species” he will wink out very shortly as the most unfit thing to ever have lived, using the word lived loosely. Superiority complex is simple: the less you have to offer the more self-aggrandizement you require and have the time to devote yourself to. Aliens devote themselves to wild trees, not wild trees to themselves.

Even the more starry-eyed scientists admit that man is on the brink of destroying the planet that feeds him, because the success of greed is commensurate with the indifference applying it conflated with the efficacy of the duplicity devices concealing (and thereby empowering) this indifference. The real winners are as unstoppable as an asteroid collision, and for the very same reason: utter indifference.

When you get to meet an alien you say, “You are not conditioned to respond correctly to this contrived behavior. Please make the appropriate adjustments and I’ll be back later so we can start over.” But no matter how long you wait the alien will not respond as if your contrived behavior constitutes an entity and a potential for a relationship to develop with this behavior.

Man does not want to explore the galaxy; he just wants to exploit the solar system, turning the space-program from a government cash-cow like war, into a thriving business.

I'm man, and I don't want to exploit any star systems for any cash or war business.

I am just extremely curious of what is there, and what it might mean. I feel like I am far from alone in that regard. Do we not matter or what?

• Like 2

I'm man, and I don't want to exploit any star systems for any cash or war business.

I am just extremely curious of what is there, and what it might mean. I feel like I am far from alone in that regard. Do we not matter or what?

Yes of course; glib negativity about humanity is too easy. We want to know and even more important we want to understand.

This is why I like "Star Trek."

[media=]

[/media]

Edited by davros of skaro

You are not alone. I feel the same way. There is so much we want to learn, on top to better ourselves in the healthy sense, but we are curious.

Make it personal: do you matter, or do you have to paint a portrait of yourself that matters, to hide what only matters to yourself? Don't you want to reciprocate? Do I matter, or am I just a flurry of posturing trying to be so thick no one can see me through it?

That posturing only passes where man has been. Because he has bullied his Children into seeing only the posturing; into living inside their heads where the posturing collects.

Think of bullying: I say "I am the high priest!", and every time you act as if I am not I hurt you one way or Another. If you are my kid one day you know I am the high priest, and you can't look past anyone's posturing. But then you realize the whole World is in the same fix, and you can posture to your heart's content.

Looking out there for more such fools, is looking for bridges you have not built yet, and will never build if you get there. What's your bully-quotient? I'm a nerd, right. Very low bully-quotient, very high overt IQ, meaning I can learn all that fancy stuff but my wallet belongs to any bully (covert IQ) who gets thirty seconds of my time,

Yes of course; glib negativity about humanity is too easy. We want to know and even more important we want to understand.

To understand we must first need to be understood. Consider the "Christ complex": god understands me and wants me to be this way, but other people do not undertand me so I have to hide how I am from them, and act respectably.

Which is to understand you? Is it to wish you were as you are, or is it to vomit when we find out who you are? Did the World of evolution produce the effect where what you want is only available if no one knows you want it or how you are planning to get it? Or is it a reflection of the trap you were born into?

How can the trap we are born into want to undertand the Cosmos? It just wants to rape it!

You are not alone. I feel the same way. There is so much we want to learn, on top to better ourselves in the healthy sense, but we are curious.

All the fun of being a human where progress has made new stuff ordinary is fictional. Enjoy the stories, but don't let the politicians tell you it can happen that way. Stories become propaganda only with your cooperation.