Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nun Gives Birth

Dumpnuts

Nun Gives Birth To Baby Boy In Italy

Though you probably shouldn't get excited. I doubt it's the second advent.

A Salvadorean nun who said she had no idea she was pregnant gave birth in Italy this week after she felt stomach cramps in her convent and was rushed to hospital, Italian media reported on Friday.

The 31-year-old mother and her baby boy, who weighs 3.5 kilograms (9 pounds), are doing well and other new mothers in Rieti hospital have begun collecting clothes and donations for her, the reports said.

"I did not know I was pregnant. I only felt a stomach pain," the nun was quoted as saying at the hospital, the Italian news agency ANSA reported...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/17/nun-gives-birth-baby-italy-francis_n_4619218.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

• Like 1

wow, another virgin birth, blessed with gods semen

• Like 3

I didn't see any mention of anyone claiming it's a virgin birth.

• Like 3

scandalous, I feel like someone broke a promise or two :innocent:

• Like 1

Maybe she only recently became a nun?

• Like 1

Five nuns are sitting in front of the Mother Superior in a convent, receiving a lecture:

Mother Superior says: "I have heard reports that a man was seen creeping around the nunnery."

Four Nuns say "GASP!"

One nun giggles "hehe."

Mother Superior says "There is even a report saying that he was seen entering ONE of your rooms!"

Four nuns say "GASP!"

One nun giggles "he-he"

Mother superior then says "And in this morning's trash, the nun on cleaning detail says she found... a CONDOM!"

Four nuns say "GASP!"

One nun giggles "hehe..."

Then Mother Superior says "And there was a HOLE in the condom!"

Four nuns giggle "hehe"

One nun says "GASP!"

It's funnier when you hear it in person.

And when you are in the third grade.

• Like 3

Must be a pretty reformed order. :D

Hallelujah :innocent: !

You know it could be possible she was assaulted by a priest or someone and kept it quiet.

Although a nun giving birth isn't something you hear about every day, she is also a woman and now a mother as well. Good luck to her and her baby, and good for her for deciding to keep it.

The nun belongs to the "Little Disciples of Jesus" convent in Campomoro near Rieti, which manages an old people's home and reports said she would keep the baby
  • Like 5

You know it could be possible she was assaulted by a priest or someone and kept it quiet.

I think not.

It's possible but not probable she's covering something like that, because:

http://www.24sata.hr...ao-casna-349856

(link not in English)

She said she sinned a little with an old boyfriend when she went to her home in Salvador to renew her passport. Then she thought she has bad digestion and gas and whatnot and didn’t pay much attention to the fact that she’s late... aaaand she gave birth.

All the best to both the baby and the mother, who cares how it all went.

She sinned a little, now she’s blessed a lot with her healthy baby.

She also mentioned good people already helped her by donating things every baby needs, which is what Christians should do, in my own heathen opinion.

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 4

Thanks Helen for the translation. I've also found another source link in English. She sounds quite happy which can only be a good thing.

http://www.dailymail...ancis-Pope.html

She told her social worker Anna Fontanella:'I am so happy. I feel more of a mother than a nun

That's nice I think :)

• Like 4

That's nice I think :)

It's rather beautiful, in my opinion. The young lass sought refuge and care and was given such; she gave birth to a beautiful child that she instantly loves and all her sisters are happy for her and with her. She and the child are healthy and safe. What more needs to be said? :)

• Like 5

I personally don't care if she broke her vows & got pregnant. I was more impressed with the fact that she didn't freak out &do something horrible out of misguided judgment. Now for real question on everyone's mind... why am I not getting notifications for the topics that I am following? :blink:

• Like 2

I personally don't care if she broke her vows & got pregnant. I was more impressed with the fact that she didn't freak out &do something horrible out of misguided judgment. Now for real question on everyone's mind... why am I not getting notifications for the topics that I am following? :blink:

If you go to your own Profile page you will see a link to 'Edit my profile' on the right.

Open that and you will find an option for 'notification options' on the left. The rest is up to you. :)

• Like 1

I can't understand how a nun could possibly get pregnant!

Oh... hang on.... I think I've worked it out. ;)

• Like 2

So, Roxane Rodriguez can’t go back to her convent because they don’t want her back since she “submitted to temptation”. I understand her old convent doesn’t want her back as a nun, it would send wrong message (oh, the vows... yeah, no big deal...).

The trouble is that young mother, who is from Salvador, can’t go home either since she has no money of her own. Now she’s practically homeless.

Thank god that’s Italy so I hope no one will come to brilliant idea of taking the baby away from her.

One more detail: Roxane was willing to take care of older nuns, which is something other young nuns didn’t want to do.

She really sounds like kind, caring person. It’s so cruel to just leave her to cope on her own.

Now, all hypocrisy aside, many priests had children. Of course they did. Some are gay, some actually live in celibacy and some fathered kids. Naturally.

It’s just not fair to leave Roxane homeless with newborn baby when there are already routine ways of supporting mothers of clergy children.

• Like 1

If you go to your own Profile page you will see a link to 'Edit my profile' on the right.

Open that and you will find an option for 'notification options' on the left. The rest is up to you. :)

Thank you sir! :tsu:
  • Like 1