Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Feasibility of a Secret Society

ambelamba

I was repeatedly told that studying political science (and other things like sociology) will teach you that it's practically impossible to maintain a global secret society.

And a few days ago I accidentally found a site with a list of the 'known' members of Illuminati. When I browsed through the list, one thing came up in my mind.

"Wait...I don't think Illuminati can stay in one piece if all these people are involved..." And I also noticed that many of those alleged members are not the kind of people who can manage anything.

And I noticed another thing. Someone should have pointed this out already. Practically ALL the conspiracy theories with global scales are, without exception, all connected to Abrahamic religions! No matter how much you try, you simply can't touch those conspiracy theories without tackling Book of Revelation at least. Should I point out that conspiracy theories are virtually non-existent or very unpopular outside of Judeo-Christian cultures?

^ That's a good point.

For example, you can't call the Bilderberg Group a secret society.

Secretive, yes, but not secret.

• Like 3

Do people in here avoid this kind of topic?!

I'll go back and read, but, what is "this kind of topic" again?

Edit: I've read it a few times now. You got me.

Edited by Likely Guy

Uh, OK...

I dealt with two separate issues. I wanted to show how difficult it is to maintain a secret society. And I think I should have mentioned Jim Marrs to show how absurd it can be.

The second issue was about the connection between Judeo-Christian worldview and major conspiracy theories, to question the validity of the conspiracy theories themselves.

Do people in here avoid this kind of topic?!

i didn't avoid the topic, i told you what i thought about it

if you can know about it, it's not secret, therefore the secret society does not exist

for you to find a site which contains a member list from a secret society you really have to ask yourself if there is any validity in it whatsoever

how unsecret can you get??

if indeed there are secret societies out there we will never know. Ever. they are Secret afterall.

and i'm totally ok with that because there are enough fringe nonsense topics to talk about as it is.

as for them being tied to religion, again, not of any interest to me because i'm not interested in religion either. as far as i'm concerned it's just become another fringe topic to argue about on the internet,

• Like 3

I thought the only way to keep a secret between two people was to make sure the other person was dead. That really doesn't allow for the formation of a society.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

^ That's a good point.

For example, you can't call the Bilderberg Group a secret society.

Secretive, yes, but not secret.

I agree. The very best Secret Societies are the ones we don't know about. But that doesn't alter the fact that the Bilderbergs,Knights of Malta etc exist, they influence world wide decisions, and we don't know what they involve themselves in.