Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery rock appears on Mars rover image

UM-Bot

You are missing the point: the rover has not moved in weeks now. The composition of the rock is unlike any other. So once again. The rover has not moved.... Not moved, it was in a stationary position. Has not moved......not moved.... Not moved... Can we stop now saying that it was one of the wheels? The rover has not moved in weeks...not move...everyone please repeat; not move...ok? "The rover, which landed on Mars in 2004, hasn't moved in over a month as it waits for better weather on the red planet.Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2rI99NkWa "

Again, the DM published BS. Check post #80. And, mantras should be kept secret ("not moved", yours?)

nice, this is the first thread in weeks that gave me the actual feeling of getting properly informed about stuff, not drowned in speculative bickering! :tu:

thx

I`m quite sure that the "stone-softening-theory" will join the discussion later on to explain that the object separation was resulted by this.

I`m quite sure that the "stone-softening-theory" will join the discussion later on to explain that the object separation was resulted by this.

what the stone-softening fudge is that? :o

what the stone-softening fudge is that? :o

PP thread. Zoser claimed that the PP stones were taken into the accurate shapes by a softening process. :lol:

• Like 1

i see..... i made a big bow about the AA-threads so far, stuff like that being the main reason ;)

but who knows....where would the german proverb "Weinen zum Steinerweichen" ("crying so bad that the stones soften up") come from? :D

• Like 1

PP thread. Zoser claimed that the PP stones were taken into the accurate shapes by a softening process. :lol:

when youve watched every episode of the AA, everything by Chris Dunn on nuclear powered pyramids..then every vid by Brien Foerester on PP - (600 odd he says he watched!)... you then experience the brain softening process that comes about by BS overload. So much so that it becomes totally rational (for some) to indeed believe rocks can be melted :lol:

And its true, because its found on many vids on youtube

• Like 2

when youve watched every episode of the AA, everything by Chris Dunn on nuclear powered pyramids..then every vid by Brien Foerester on PP - (600 odd he says he watched!)... you then experience the brain softening process that comes about by BS overload. So much so that it becomes totally rational (for some) to indeed believe rocks can be melted :lol:

And its true, because its found on many vids on youtube

of course, rock can be melted! but i doubt the result of that makes a nice temple :D

20081128_lava.jpg

• Like 1

underneath the ground had something to do with it, the weather or when heavy material rides over it could brought it out from the ground as the rover was near by.

He did it...........

marvin-the-martian.jpg

• Like 3

Wait a minute - look at the shadow angles!! That's fake - probably taken in a studio on earth.

:w00t:

• Like 3

You know the more NASA Looks at it and the more everyone Looks at it ! THe Better the Odds of a Better reason to Send Men& Women to Mars ! We would Really Get into the Digging part of the Exploration ! :tu:

I Love that we get little hints like this !

You know the more NASA Looks at it and the more everyone Looks at it ! THe Better the Odds of a Better reason to Send Men& Women to Mars ! We would Really Get into the Digging part of the Exploration ! :tu:

I Love that we get little hints like this !

I'd certainly like to see at least more sophisticated rovers continue to explore there. It cracked me up a little that when we flipped over a rock everyone was all excited because we were seeeing something we normally wouldn't get to see! Maybe next time we send up something that can turn over a rock now and then lol.

I'm not putting down the rover or it's designers at all. An amazing feat to do what they've done, but we are growing leaps and bounds right now with robotics. Let's get something up there that can cover some distance and has a little more flexibility.

For me I can't see humans on Mars any time soon. We lack the will right now to take on something that grand. There's no profit in it. If we were able to shorten the travel time to a couple of weeks that might change rapidly, but for now I can't see humans investing in it. Which makes me a little sad.

Purty sure we have the ability to Flip over rocks ! Afterall Its NASA ! They can land a Ton on Mars ! :tu:

• Like 1

Purty sure we have the ability to Flip over rocks ! Afterall Its NASA ! They can land a Ton on Mars ! :tu:

No doubt lol. Back in the 90's we used to have a running joke: NASA. Successfully crashing into Mars for decades now :yes:

For what we have up there now it's remarkable. Pathfinder was designed in the 80's and flown in the 90's. Design for Spirit and Opportunity began back in the late 80's. Just thinking how far we've come in the last decade it's exciting to think of what we'll be able to fly in the next 10 years.