Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Suspicious Death in Riverview, FL

petermattson

The toxicology report will shed light on this I believe.

The toxicology report will shed light on this I believe.

It might. Apparently the businesses in the plaza have cameras back there. If this was an OD dump, we'll know more when the footage is reviewed. However, why nude? Obviously a few possible reasons exist but it remains a strange detail because it was "Florida-cold" that night -- 30s. Also, her friend got a text that Meaghan was in an "awkward" situation that night.

• 2 months later...

To correct myself, the manner of death has been ruled homicide. No word yet on the cause but the initial report was no physical signs of trauma. I think the "OD and dump" is not the likely scenario it may have seemed at the beginning.

• Like 1

so it is being classed as a homicide then , poor woman , she deserves justice

• Like 1

so it is being classed as a homicide then , poor woman , she deserves justice

What I always worry/wonder about with cases like this one is, does someone just START murdering at 48? Are the chances pretty good that her murderer has had other victims?

Yes, it can be a one time event. Most "homicide" events are not premeditated or even planned. With no further information, I guess we have to assume for now he messed up with one girl, one time.

ns

• Like 1

Yes, it can be a one time event. Most "homicide" events are not premeditated or even planned. With no further information, I guess we have to assume for now he messed up with one girl, one time.

ns

I don't doubt that at all. And with this case the alleged perp didn't do a sophisticated disposal of the body which I suppose lends credence to the idea that this may have been an isolated incident. But the fact that she was suffocated makes me think there's a possibility he has "messed up" more than one time.