Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will Russia come to the "aid" of Ukraine?

and-then

Brzezinski Mapped Out the Battle for Ukraine in 1997

Why would the United States run the risk of siding with anti-Semitic, neo-Nazis in Ukraine?

One of the keys may be found by looking back at Zbigniew Brzezinski’s 1997 book, The Grand Chessboard in which he wrote, “Ukraine, a new and important space on the Eurasian chessboard, is a geopolitical pivot because its very existence as an independent country helps to transform Russia. Without Ukraine, Russia ceases to be a Eurasian empire.”

“However, if Moscow regains control over Ukraine, with its 52 million people and major resources as well as access to the Black Sea, Russia automatically again regains the wherewithal to become a powerful imperial state, spanning Europe and Asia.”

http://original.anti...-in-1997/print/

Edited by Saru
Trimmed for length - please avoid copying and pasting entire articles
  • Like 1

Well, the Referendum" is being held as I type. This will mean that sanctions against Russia will begin tomorrow. I have no idea what they will involve, but Russia will not come out of this well.

• Like 1

Well, the Referendum" is being held as I type. This will mean that sanctions against Russia will begin tomorrow. I have no idea what they will involve, but Russia will not come out of this well.

Already the outcome seems a foregone conclusion - by the days end Crimea will be part of Russia and this referendum result will be held up by Russia as the green light for continued occupation of Crimea. What will the West/NATO/EU response be? according to Andrew Neil on the political program on the BBC 'this week' The Russians have started shutting down the Liberal NEWs channels/broadcasts which are giving a different version of events to that of the Kremlin.

• Like 1

Already the outcome seems a foregone conclusion - by the days end Crimea will be part of Russia and this referendum result will be held up by Russia as the green light for continued occupation of Crimea. What will the West/NATO/EU response be? according to Andrew Neil on the political program on the BBC 'this week' The Russians have started shutting down the Liberal NEWs channels/broadcasts which are giving a different version of events to that of the Kremlin.

I dont doubt the outcome either, especially with Russian Citizens inside Crimea being allowed to vote (and I wonder how many times they will each be allowed to vote?). Also the Polling Stations are rigged out in Russian flag colours (just to help voters make up their mind).

There should be some preliminary results at 7pm - it will be interesting to see just how high the Crimea/Russian fraudsters will make the "Yes" vote (for the Russian Federation), and how high the voter turnout was.

I am going to predict 85% turnout, with a 78% "Yes" vote.... :whistle:

• Like 1

I don't understand why Russia's given the Crimeans the opportunity to join in a future economically crippled, heavily corrupted, authoritarian state when they could vote for independence and have the protection of Russia, like Abkhazia and South Ossetia do?

I don't understand why Russia's given the Crimeans the opportunity to join in a future economically crippled, heavily corrupted, authoritarian state when they could vote for independence and have the protection of Russia, like Abkhazia and South Ossetia do?

Simple, so whatever they do looks nice and legal.

Well, the Referendum" is being held as I type. This will mean that sanctions against Russia will begin tomorrow.

I have no idea what they will involve, but Russia will not come out of this well.

There will be no sanctions against Russia because everyone in the West realizes it will be worse for them than Russia. Its just a cheap threat no one is taking seriously

Nonsense, please look Russian public debt (11 billion or about 7% BDP) and America's public debt (12.312 trillion or about 73% BDP)

Russian bear is back and the west is panicking

Russia's economy is officially that of a Developing Nation. It is not a Developed Economy, and it will suffer far more than those in the West. The "Russian Bear" is nothing more than a Mouse when compared to the other Western Economies...

Russia's economy: While sanctions would hurt both sides, Russia would suffer much more than the West, analysts say. The European Union's exports to Russia account for 1% of EU gross domestic product. Russian exports to the EU are worth nearly 15% of Russian GDP.

Former Russian Finance Minister Alexei Kudrin, now an economic adviser to Putin, said even limited sanctions would hit foreign and domestic investment in Russia. Western banks are already shutting off credit lines. Kudrin was quoted by Russian media saying the economy may not grow at all this year as a consequence of the current tension.

Russian markets are reeling. The main stock market index has fallen by roughly 20% this year, and the ruble has plunged to record lows against the dollar. Investors pulled $33 billion out of the country in January and February, and that figure could hit $55 billion by the end of March, according to Russian investment bank Renaissance Capital.

Russia will also face a hefty bill for supporting Crimea. The region currently depends on Ukraine for roughly 70% of its budget, 90% of its water, and most of its energy and food supplies.

"It will be a great problem for [Russia] to supply ... all these necessary daily products for the population," said Yaroslav Pylynskyi, a director at the Woodrow Wilson Center.

LINK (Thanks CNN): http://money.cnn.com/2014/03/15/news/economy/russia-crimea-economy/

• Like 2

a big joke (thanks CNN)

They'd be terribly polite about it.

That's funny but I rather think they'd give the Americans a fight the American's wouldn't soon forget.

All Russia has now are resources, and world prices are dropping; its industry is obsolete and it has lost a generation in education. The only thing I can figure is Putin is using Crimea to distract the population from its real decline.

All Russia has now are resources, and world prices are dropping; its industry is obsolete and it has lost a generation in education. The only thing I can figure is Putin is using Crimea to distract the population from its real decline.

I don't think he will be satisfied with Crimea alone unless the west actually shows a spine and hits Russia with serious, long term sanctions. The wild card is fuel I think. The EU NEEDS Russian natural gas and they know Putin will shut it off if he gets too angry. If there were another efficient and not too expensive source then it would change matters imo. But there is no other at this time is there?

Putin is just advancing the date when even the French will allow cracking. I read an item today that if the Brits would get off their duff they could be floating in excess gas in just a few years.

a big joke (thanks CNN)

I guess FACTS instead of Rhetorrhic is not your thing then SolarPlexus? :rofl:

• Like 1

I love CNN "facts"

• Like 1

I love CNN "facts"

That was just one example from dozens of sources - care to link to a source that supports your position on the Economy of Russia? You could try a Russian source of course :whistle:

Edited by keithisco

Even without sanctions, rouble goes down already (lets see what next week will bring).

Though, that is very handy for Putin and his friends involved in Sochi-2014 affair (quite interesting read, no wonder A.Navalnyi is being harassed)...

Putin is in win-win situation: if he will be able to stabilize rouble (what chances of that?) - he is a hero; if rouble falls further down - "evil US/EU did it". All Russians will be "happy having such great leader", and all will forget (heck, already forgot) about outrageous corruption.

What US/EU can do, is to freeze all accounts of Putin's friends (who keep their money in "evil west"), and next day they will find Putin's head on the silver plate on the steps of European Parliament in Brussel/White House.

• Like 3

I can't imagine the Russians shutting off their only source of money.

HAHA yeah .... :rolleyes: poor country with no resources . funny funny funny

You are clearly just Trolling this thread now because your only retort is to make fun of posters that have actually taken the time to understand the situation and the dynamics thereof.

The one thing that has been made very evident to you is that Russia ONLY has natural resources, and in a dwindling market these are worth less every day. IF the EU stop buying Russian gas (they already that have a Plan B from other sources -AND commitments) then Russia is facing huge economic decline. Its status as even a Developing Nation is under threat - do you not see that? There again, you are of Serbian extraction which MAY colour your viewpoint.

• Like 2

And where you will put resources? Sell to China at the price they were selling to Serbia (kinda funny, Serbs, best friends got gas at higher prices than "evil" Germany)? C'mon, Chinese will show middle finger.
  • Like 2

[...]

There again, you are of Serbian extraction which MAY colour your viewpoint.

Put Serbia in the place of Ukraine/Belarus, and we would be seeing bloodbath already... I might be wrong, though.
  • Like 2

Haters gonna hate Russia .....

• Like 1