Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

BP official guilty of destroying evidence

OverSword

Wow, you destroyed evidence to cover up wrong doing, but you're still an honorable man. No swearing allowed on this site so I can't possibly express my tru feelings about this. Our system has been corrupted. I cry for the USA.

Story here

A former Halliburton manager who destroyed evidence in the aftermath of BP's record 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico has been sentenced to just 12 months probation for his crime.

Anthony Badalamenti, of Katy, Texas, had faced a maximum of one year in prison at his sentencing on Tuesday, after pleading guilty to one misdemeanor count of destruction of evidence in October.

However U.S. District Judge Jay Zainey said the 62-year-old had 'learned from his mistake' and was 'an honorable man' when he gave Badalamenti the probabation time plus 100 hours of community, and ordered that he pay a $1,000 fine.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

Shocker.... money wins again!!

• Like 4

Try living in Britain. Here, you can be admitted to hospital and die of thirst while laying in your own excrement. Anyone arrested by police afterwards? Nope.

Anyone sacked? Of course! Junior staff only though.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2

Perhaps if the world isn't fair it's high time we made it less fair for these priveledged money types eh?

• Like 4

Perhaps if the world isn't fair it's high time we made it less fair for these priveledged money types eh?

Agree but also disagree. There are very many 'rich' folks who have their morals intact and who will go out of their way to help less fortunate individuals. The blame is with our society that seems to teach 'money = good' and it doesn't matter how you get it.

I'd rather be poor and have a decent sleep at night.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 4

This makes me physically ill. They really do live in a completely different world than the rest of us. Inner-city youth gets 20 years for a joint in his pocket, business mogul destroys evidence to get away with one of the worst ecological disasters in history and he gets 12 months probation?!

• Like 3

This makes me physically ill. They really do live in a completely different world than the rest of us. Inner-city youth gets 20 years for a joint in his pocket, business mogul destroys evidence to get away with one of the worst ecological disasters in history and he gets 12 months probation?!

Yeah, but... he's really sorry... sarcasm alert...

• Like 3

Bp also used this stuff that sank the oil to the bottom of the sea.they never cleaned it

• Like 1

Want to know who really is honourable? The Chinese businessman responsible for the lead paint in toys - he took his own life. While I'm not condoning suicide at all, it certainly is a closer description of honour than this guy deserves.

• Like 1

This story is one of many that demonstrates how corrupt the US judiciary, and the government in general, has become. :td:

• Like 1