Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral projection experiences.

Sothee

Astral projected once by accident, was immediately attacked by something. Color faded and all I could do was bend over and cover my ears trying to block out the terrible screaming I was hearing. I quickly returned. Another more recent event, I astral projected and ventured farther cause I wasn't immediately overwhelmed who knows what, I'm walking around me house and I can see myself, over and over again, like memories all over the place of me just doing normal stuff around the house. I get to the back bathroom and the a blacked out corner, and a heavy presence. I gather up all my courage and yell at it to leave. I get pushed back and again color fades like I'm color blind, I am so scared at this point but I stand back up a scream at it to leave, I get forced onto the ground and can't move, there's screaming a terrible noises, I can't see my eyes are closed. Then suddenly I am shaken heavily and sit straight up In my bed now awake... Standing at the foot of my bed was a very tall figure, white and shining, no distinct anything, like a silhouette of light, but illuminated nothing around it, of course I freak out blink a few times to see if it's there. Try and wake up. But... No ****, it was ducking there. And then, it wasn't. I hate astral projecting basically, though I am curious if this is similar to anything anyone else experianced?

Honestly have no idea what the experiances was, just going off a little research but would just like more opinions of what I experienced.

Yeah.. You are having altered state issues there. Be strong. Try to command light next time. Learn to react calmly and methodically.

Are you inducing these states on purpose. Or are they happening spontaneously? How often? Is there anything else going on in your life? If this is happening spontaneously ill try to walk you through to help you get it to stop. It will help to have as much info as possible.

It's rather spontaneous, but seems to be more prominent recently. Started when I was little, I would wake up most nights with sleep paralysis and watch the shadows on the wall dance and move like people. Wasn't scared of them until they came out at me and touched me one day and shook me and then I was like looking down at myself In bed. After that it happened nearly every night, the dancing shadows on the wall were gone though. I would just sit and watch the sky all night, this eventually stopped happening. Recently though it's been happening again and is much scarier as you can tell, so a few times a month. I get paralysed most every time nearly immediately by something . Never seen it just felt it. The thing I saw when I woke up only happened once and it was really really weird. When I looked at it I didn't just see it, it made this sort of static in my head, I saw it with like my entire body. But only when I looked at it. Thanks for your help. ^_^

It's rather spontaneous, but seems to be more prominent recently. Started when I was little, I would wake up most nights with sleep paralysis and watch the shadows on the wall dance and move like people. Wasn't scared of them until they came out at me and touched me one day and shook me and then I was like looking down at myself In bed. After that it happened nearly every night, the dancing shadows on the wall were gone though. I would just sit and watch the sky all night, this eventually stopped happening. Recently though it's been happening again and is much scarier as you can tell, so a few times a month. I get paralysed most every time nearly immediately by something . Never seen it just felt it. The thing I saw when I woke up only happened once and it was really really weird. When I looked at it I didn't just see it, it made this sort of static in my head, I saw it with like my entire body. But only when I looked at it. Thanks for your help. ^_^

Ok, so first off you should know, that in many circles you would be considered gifted. I know it doesn't seem like that right now. In a traditional tribal society. As a child you would have been considered a budding shaman. In modern society we are encouraged to to hide altered state occurrences and in general are viewed as mental problems by the secular part of society and well demonic by the middle eastern religion side of society. Neither is true. It's perfectly normal for some of us to be in touch with this part of what we are. You are going to have to decide what aproach you are going to take. Thus depends on your spiritual or lak there of beleifs The first thing you are going go have to learn how to do is calm down, the "static" in your head and some of the negativity you are experiencing are actually common. Try to follow my advice in the video, but what is more important is for you to start to try and change your attitude about it. The best way is for you to not allow it to happen spontaneously anymore and head it off by taking control and making it happen on purpose.

This is of course depending on if you want to engage this or just make it stop. It is a good idea to go to your doctor and get a sleep study done. It might be a simple physiological problem that is altering your consciousness. Sleep apnea, drugs or partying alot, low iron absorption, and a few other things can be the culprit. Though it does not sound like it because you have been experiencing it since you were a kid and it has resurfaced.

Read this

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=219629&st=0

The tutorial and video is the second post. When you know you can alter your consciousness on purpose I can walk you through how to engage the images you are seeing and deal with them to change your experiences into more positive ones. Everything starts to change when you start to take action. Just being here and asking questions is a good start. I have been through everything you have, and so have many others. You are not alone. What is missing is cultural support for you this has been effectively erased, but you have it now ;)

Let me know if you just want it to stop which may or may not work out, or if you want to be in control. In the meantime, if things get to intense, just relax roll your eyes up into your eye lids. This should snap you out of a negative altered state. Also you may want to do some research on the shamanic initiation crisis. Id stay away from anything with lots if dogma attached to it. You don't want some if that junk floating around in your head, your shadow will take advantage of it. I'm hear to help in anyway that I can. Take care.

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 1

I do want to explore it for sure. I will try and do it on purpose for the next few nights to hopefully over come it. ^_^

That link was super helpful, especially the parts about my spirit guide. I'm fairly certain I know of mine and have communicated before. She asks "what's wrong." a lot . Like most of the time I'll just keep "hearing" or feeling her saying that until I sit down and talk to her. She's kinda funny most of the time. But I've never seen her with any of my experiences, though I've not tried to look for her or call to her during one cause I'm like terrified right off the bat. Oh and another experience, I was right beside my body watching it, obviously I'm pretty scared from the "thing" that's usually around so I'm kind of hiding.

A separate question, I've always like been drawn to fire. Not like pyrotechnic way but it's just very very pretty and watching it closely is kinda like a trance. Is it possible to use fire as a spirit-tool or a weapon agains bad entities?

That link was super helpful, especially the parts about my spirit guide. I'm fairly certain I know of mine and have communicated before. She asks "what's wrong." a lot . Like most of the time I'll just keep "hearing" or feeling her saying that until I sit down and talk to her. She's kinda funny most of the time. But I've never seen her with any of my experiences, though I've not tried to look for her or call to her during one cause I'm like terrified right off the bat. Oh and another experience, I was right beside my body watching it, obviously I'm pretty scared from the "thing" that's usually around so I'm kind of hiding.

A separate question, I've always like been drawn to fire. Not like pyrotechnic way but it's just very very pretty and watching it closely is kinda like a trance. Is it possible to use fire as a spirit-tool or a weapon agains bad entities?

It certainly is. Begin some open eyed meditations in front of fire. I have used a white fire many times. I would like to ask how old are you?

Attempting it tonight, been trying to keep a strong grip on reality today all day, trying not to drift off and day dream, ya know, "Be in the room" so to speak, which was actually pretty hard, about to go meditate for awhile in the shower like usual then go to bed, thinking i may try inducing it with a fan running in my room, once at a friends house i slept on a couch in his spare room which the fan for the heater was running while i was falling asleep i listened to it, it was very calming and was sometihing to focus on, short version i ended up out of body, unaware at first, i got up cause i felt weird and wind came in threw the window a swirled around me, lifted me up,spun me around very slow and i saw myself asleep. then woke up cause it freaked me out. if im not mistaken that may have been the begining of the resurfacing. maybe, been some years, just remembered that one today.

Attempting it tonight, been trying to keep a strong grip on reality today all day, trying not to drift off and day dream, ya know, "Be in the room" so to speak, which was actually pretty hard, about to go meditate for awhile in the shower like usual then go to bed, thinking i may try inducing it with a fan running in my room, once at a friends house i slept on a couch in his spare room which the fan for the heater was running while i was falling asleep i listened to it, it was very calming and was sometihing to focus on, short version i ended up out of body, unaware at first, i got up cause i felt weird and wind came in threw the window a swirled around me, lifted me up,spun me around very slow and i saw myself asleep. then woke up cause it freaked me out. if im not mistaken that may have been the begining of the resurfacing. maybe, been some years, just remembered that one today.

Yes this has happened to me also. The ocelations of fans are like binaural beats or drumming. Take care and good luck ill ask for you to be looked in on.

Last night attempted 3 times. First attempt rather shortly after I started I felt like I was moving up and down, then I don't remember anything. Woke up 8 hours later instantly, no dreams. Was weird. Started second attempt, honestly remember less of it. Just finished third, I started to feel the vibrations in my upper torso and head in waves, they would come and go each time would start like a little lower it seemed.

Last night attempted 3 times. First attempt rather shortly after I started I felt like I was moving up and down, then I don't remember anything. Woke up 8 hours later instantly, no dreams. Was weird. Started second attempt, honestly remember less of it. Just finished third, I started to feel the vibrations in my upper torso and head in waves, they would come and go each time would start like a little lower it seemed.

Excellent :)

So last night was strange, about a minute in a felt the same sin station of moving up and down, or in and out. But this time the darkness began to look like a 3d world. And I saw like the ouine of my face a few inches above me but like looking from the back of it like it was a mask. That's the last I remember before waking up to my alarm clock for work. No dreams again.

Tonight's attempt I believe came close! Like I felt the vibrTions around 45 minutes in. A few minutes after sleep paralysis kicked in, so I tried to sit up, I lifted my head up a few inches and it felt real heavy and I wasn't able to and flopped back down, but I didn't flop, my head hadn't moved, but I had. Was so cool. I'm going to try again after some sleep now cause I'm really tired now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I just stumbled on this thread and thought I'd join in.

I'm relatively new to this and have not had nearly as many experiences as it sounds like you have, but i've gone through some similar things. Here are some things that helped me.

I think the key is to maintain a calm and positive outlook with the knowledge that you are safe when you do this. Get excited about it. The video below (and the rest in the series) may help you add more positivity to these experiences as well as start to formulate your own understanding of what is happening.

Remember this world is an effect / result of what you think and feel. In these projections the world is much less dense and you can change your surroundings instantly based on your thoughts and feelings at that time. This is why it is so important to remain calm and return to a positive state. Sometimes this is hard because your head is like a fountain for random thoughts and feelings and things just happen.

Here is another video showing some methods of identifying and coming to terms with themes in your life which you may be unaware of and need to give attention to. e.g. underlying disempowering beliefs or untruths that cause doubt / anxiety / fear.

I believe that once you start to understand thoughts and feelings and their relationship to the world around you through things like meditation, techniques in the video above and general spiritual exploration; you can eliminate a lot of the scary parts of your psyche which hold you back in third dimensional every day life and make you a match to these terrifying manifestations in your astral projections. Once you can maintain that higher level of positivity / higher vibration these experiences can be amazing. Even the negative ones can help you discover which parts of yourself / beliefs are allowing you to experience that negativity or come into contact with those beings. You have all the control and its an adventure of self discovery and growth.

Would love to hear both of your thoughts on this and any insights. I'm forever learning.

• 2 months later...

Hi astral89! I've actually seen some of that series before and It's really awesome, the past months have been awesome! Still only have come close, but every time is a little more, and the most recent was so so close.