Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Communal toilets at the Sochi Olympics

seeder

Well, being someone who,

1: Hates public loo's,

2: Especially the sit down types

3: cant 'go' if others are around me

Then seeing this filled me with dread, and then laughter - as I will never be using them!!

_72421481_bca4e1f8-032a-4a64-9c95-8fcc1c712362.jpg

heres some more from a university

_72422810_66920715-ebfc-40fe-a0b4-c244d18941e5.jpg

well I guess if you have to go, and you know its gonna be one of the time consuming ones, :lol: at least you get to chat, in-between the straining :w00t:

Twitter storm in Russia over Sochi Olympics twin toilet

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-25830617

Edited by seeder
  • Like 4

That's just wrong on so many levels - way to make the tourists all welcome and comfy Russia :td:

• Like 6

heres some more from a university

Sorry but that´s wrong. This pic shows a typical conference room at the European Council based in Brussels.

Edited by toast
  • Like 5

Could be worse. :w00t:

doublepottie.jpg

• Like 6

I also do have a terribly childish habit of laughing at people farting, especially if I DONT get to smell it. Id probably not be able to go at all hearing others let off a bit o steam :lol:

I was in hospital once about 20 years ago, on an all male ward...for a week... I was probably the youngest as many were pensioners for hip operations and similar...my first day/night was terribly boring, but when the nurses turned off the main lights at 10pm, the others started to doze off. After half hour or so, some man entering sleep let of a long lazy fart...the few of us reading or lying awake looked at each other and smiled. Then within a few mins, another fella farted quite loud...and some of us began BIG cheesy smiles and silent laughter...and as more guys dozed off, the farts came thick and fast...I lost control and was in hysterics

the ward nurse popped out of her office to see what was going on, and me with the hysterics trying to tell her what was funny, when I finally did, she muttered it happened all the time and gave me quite an odd look for finding it hilarious :w00t:

Funnier still it happened every night after main lights out, and every night I laid waiting to see who'd go first. yeh I know, but it was 20 years ago.

It was just as good the fart scene in Blazing Saddles actually

• Like 6

Reminds me of a public toilet I have recently seen in a Korean subway station. This is rather cute, though, as it's meant for a mother and her child:

gallery_89937_13_9740.jpg

• Like 3

I also do have a terribly childish habit of laughing at people farting, especially if I DONT get to smell it. Id probably not be able to go at all hearing others let off a bit o steam :lol:

I would have died of laughter! :w00t:

• Like 2

All that pic needs is His & Hers printed on the seats.

The size of my ex's bum wouldn't have left any room for a 'His' :lol:

• Like 3

ROFL

Am now imagining sitting next to someone who decides to dump all of their problems onto me. I hate when fellow crappers do that.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 4

I can't even use the bathroom if I hear some vague distant chatter, let alone do it sitting right next to someone.

• Like 5

I can't even use the bathroom if I hear some vague distant chatter, let alone do it sitting right next to someone.

The worst are surely those 'vocal' crappers. Hearing someone scream one out is damned disturbing. And that splashing sound will remain in memory!

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 4

The worst are surely those 'vocal' crappers. Hearing someone scream one out is damned disturbing. And that splashing sound will remain in memory!

I have a friend who is sometimes calling me while holding a 'meeting'. :no: And sometimes he is adding some faint sounds.

And yes, I told him numerous times to please not to do this.

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 6

I was in hospital once about 20 years ago, on an all male ward...for a week... I was probably the youngest as many were pensioners for hip operations and similar...my first day/night was terribly boring, but when the nurses turned off the main lights at 10pm, the others started to doze off. After half hour or so, some man entering sleep let of a long lazy fart...the few of us reading or lying awake looked at each other and smiled. Then within a few mins, another fella farted quite loud...and some of us began BIG cheesy smiles and silent laughter...and as more guys dozed off, the farts came thick and fast...I lost control and was in hysterics

the ward nurse popped out of her office to see what was going on, and me with the hysterics trying to tell her what was funny, when I finally did, she muttered it happened all the time and gave me quite an odd look for finding it hilarious :w00t:

Funnier still it happened every night after main lights out, and every night I laid waiting to see who'd go first. yeh I know, but it was 20 years ago.

It was just as good the fart scene in Blazing Saddles actually

Similar thing happened to a cousin in basic training for the US Navy. New to the camp and it's lights out then a long, sonorous fart. Silence, then someone pipes up: NAME THAT TUNE! That was the name of an old variety show on television in the 70's ... the whole squadbay laughed so hard they got in trouble! :w00t:
  • Like 4

I have a friend who is sometimes calling me while holding a 'meeting'. :no: And sometimes he is adding some faint sounds.

And yes, I told him numerous times to please not to do this.

THAT would be disturbing! I think I'd get a little ticked off and I certainly wouldn't be concentrating on the conversation.
  • Like 3

THAT would be disturbing! I think I'd get a little ticked off and I certainly wouldn't be concentrating on the conversation.

Now, as soon as I notice it, I just say: "Call me when you're done!" and hang up.

• Like 3

Now, as soon as I notice it, I just say: "Call me when you're done!" and hang up.

The more I think of it - it's insulting. If it were some emergency or something that happened ONCE... I guess I could understand, but as a common practice I think I'd get really annoyed and yeah.. I'd hang up too.
  • Like 2

The more I think of it - it's insulting. If it were some emergency or something that happened ONCE... I guess I could understand, but as a common practice I think I'd get really annoyed and yeah.. I'd hang up too.

Well, he is the kind of person who has to hold longer sessions, and he gets bored. He doesn't mean any ill, he is just ill mannered concerning this. He is a very good and loyal friend, so I forgive him for that. :)

• Like 3

Smart move, I wouldn't take that crap either!

• Like 4

Except for the fact that this scene is spotlessly clean (apparently) and quite modern looking, It resembles the toilets of some old wooden barracks I used to have to live in while in the Army (years ago)...

16 "johns" in two rows of eight facing each other - with no partitions... A rather abrupt way of stamping out "bashfulness" and modesty....

Edited by Taun
  • Like 3

Yeah, that picture reminded me of 'Full Metal Jacket'. I was glad we didn't have toilets like that in the German "military".

• Like 1

Similar thing happened to a cousin in basic training for the US Navy. New to the camp and it's lights out then a long, sonorous fart. Silence, then someone pipes up: NAME THAT TUNE! That was the name of an old variety show on television in the 70's ... the whole squadbay laughed so hard they got in trouble! :w00t:

My old man used to say, whenever any of us kids farted... "Speak up...oh toothless one" :lol:

Or if HE did one, hed point to the corner and say he heard a little mouse on a motorbike zip by... :clap:

• Like 1