Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

No fakery on Ghost Adventures?

Occult1

I just watched the Fort MacArthur episode. They spent the first 19 minutes researching the back story. If they were doing science, wouldn't they try to avoid knowing the back story and wait to see how much of it, if any they could determine on their own? There was no discussion of baseline surveys or any other preliminary work that could be called science.

During the back story phase, they consulted with 3 psychics. I won't even begin to get into how unscientific that is.

Throughout the episode Zak makes strong statements about proof but none is demonstrated. The radio test in the bunker is a good example. He rolled through the FM band to show that signals could not get in. The problem is, spirit boxes operate well outside of the FM band. His test was far from complete. When something was heard over the spirit box, Zak proclaimed it to be a spirit voice.

Maybe this was not a good episode to test. Except for the psychics, there was nothing here that was substantially different from the earlier episodes I have seen.

• Like 1

I didn't expect you'd change your mind, but thanks for at least giving it a look. That was big of you and I appreciate it. :tu:

FTR, I don't like the psychics angle. I 'pretend' that is an aspect of the show insisted upon by the producers because they want to pander to that demographic. (No offense to anyone in it intended.) Fortunately they only rarely use them.

Edited by AZDZ
  • Like 1

All these ghost shows have some fake stuff in them ghost hunters is the worst

All these ghost shows have some fake stuff in them ghost hunters is the worst

I have not seen GH in a while, The faked stuff on that show was usually Grant's doing.

haunted collector is the worst, that guy is a total fraud

zak bragans is an ass, GA is faker than old Fake McFake at the annual faker of the year contest with added fake

Fake

This made me laugh harder than the show ever did.

Still not done xD

I don't know much about it, but way better than most, even if stuff is faked. Those three are great fun to watch :D

Edited by Kasha
  • Like 1

It's right up there with River Monsters and Hillbilly Handfish as shows I watch for a laugh.

• Like 1

I have not seen GH in a while, The faked stuff on that show was usually Grant's doing.

I have met Grant in person on a couple of occasions. He is a polite, humble guy, and I like him. We aren't friends, but we do communicate on occasion.

However, I do agree, when something seemed to "happen", Grant is involved and it's usually just outside of the camera's sight. That was frustrating.

I watched the first couple of seasons of Ghost Hunters and enjoyed the show. Only a couple of occasions did something "happen" that I couldn't explain--or, honestly, I just didn't care to explain because I was entertained at the time. I couldn't stomach it much as the show progressed, the newer hunters they got on the show were worse and worse in an order of magnitude each time they debuted. Before I quit, the show became exactly the same each and ever episode: Grant and Jason see something right at the start of the investigation, the camera doesn't pick it up, and then we go to a commercial; something happens off camera, but the camera only focuses on whoever is in the frame and doesn't pan over to the occurrence; "sounds" that can't be heard by the viewers; and the pile of lies (read: evidence) Jason, especially, would heap on top of one another all in the name of ratings.

Yeah, I'm done with those ghost-hunting shows. None of them are real. UFO shows included. Bigfoot shows as well. Though Mountain Monsters on occasion I try to stomach, just because of the sheer stupidity of it, at it can be entertaining to watch. Just throw your brain out the window or it's going to be upset with you.

• Like 1

I love the ghost-hunting shows, bigfoot shows, Mountain Monsters, etc. I think they're ALL staged. However, they entertain me and that's what I'm looking for in a TV show.

The end for "Ghost Hunters" for me was a couple years ago, during one of the live shows.

They were in the kitchen reacting to 'noises' in the other room when the noisy 'spirit' actually appeared! - in the form of a human being who apparently forgot cameras were rolling live and stepped out of the room into view. He saw the camera then sheepishly scurried out of frame back into the same room.

Both Grant and that other guy, whatever his name was, were caught with their pants down and it showed on their faces. Their gig was up with me, that was the end.

• Like 3

The end for "Ghost Hunters" for me was a couple years ago, during one of the live shows.

They were in the kitchen reacting to 'noises' in the other room when the noisy 'spirit' actually appeared! - in the form of a human being who apparently forgot cameras were rolling live and stepped out of the room into view. He saw the camera then sheepishly scurried out of frame back into the same room.

Both Grant and that other guy, whatever his name was, were caught with their pants down and it showed on their faces. Their gig was up with me, that was the end.

Did not know that, as I stopped watching before that. Thanks for that!

That's pretty funny.

Grant is also known for the famous coat-tug and the moving picture incident.