Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man 'prevented power cuts through prayer'

Still Waters

A North West man is claiming R250m from Eskom for preventing power cuts through his own prayers, Beeld newspaper reported on Wednesday.

Nelson Thabo Modupe, of Lichtenburg, has argued that he prevented power cuts during the 2010 Soccer World Cup through his prayers.

http://www.news24.co...prayer-20140122

I'm not at all against prayer, but delusions of this sort seemingly has no bounds for some.

so why doesn't he use his prayers for more important and less selfish pursuits?

honestly this sort of stuff makes my eyes roll right out of my head

so why doesn't he use his prayers for more important and less selfish pursuits?

honestly this sort of stuff makes my eyes roll right out of my head

He saved the football world cup - that's not selfish. I am very grateful. ;)

He saved the football world cup - that's not selfish. I am very grateful. ;)

this didn't do a damned thing for me. i feel slighted and left out and other stuff.

this didn't do a damned thing for me. i feel slighted and left out and other stuff.

Aw, no! The next time I see a shooting star, I'll make a wish just for you. A superduper one. :)

• Like 1

Aw, no! The next time I see a shooting star, I'll make a wish just for you. A superduper one. :)

well thanks!

i'll bake brownies for you! ... and then eat them in your honor, seeing as you're waaaaay over there. ;)

• Like 1

well thanks!

i'll bake brownies for you! ... and then eat them in your honor, seeing as you're waaaaay over there. ;)

That's fine by me. :) It's the thought that counts!

• Like 1

Hey, I prevented the end of the world in 2012. I never got even a thanks.

Hey, I prevented the end of the world in 2012. I never got even a thanks.

well i traveled back in time and stopped Y2K and nobody thanked me.But in hindsight that was a mistake.Anyway,thanks for keeping us all safe in 2012....

A North West man is claiming R250m from Eskom for preventing power cuts through his own prayers, Beeld newspaper reported on Wednesday.

Nelson Thabo Modupe, of Lichtenburg, has argued that he prevented power cuts during the 2010 Soccer World Cup through his prayers.

It's a miracle!

Give that man a sainthood.

So now all the fans are wondering who schmuck was that prayed for the other team to win.

One of the reasons that God exists is to provide our sport events with sufficient lighting so the people can enjoy the show. Having fun is important thing in every religion.

• Like 1

I feel compelled to comment on how stupid all this is, but I don't want to be snide since there are a lot of people who do believe prayers asking God for favors sometimes work.

I think it stems from a feeling of helplessness and a strong desire to do something, so they resort to the modern equivalent of magic.

I feel compelled to comment on how stupid all this is, but I don't want to be snide since there are a lot of people who do believe prayers asking God for favors sometimes work.

I think it stems from a feeling of helplessness and a strong desire to do something, so they resort to the modern equivalent of magic.

There's a perfectly good "Say Something Obvious" thread right here http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=259821&st=345&p=5053000&hl=+say%20+something%20+obviousentry5053000

:P

• Like 1

I'm reminded of the story of the 6th century Battle of Cúl Dreimhne, in which Saint Columba was credited with helping the Ui Neills to victory over the forces of King Diarmait by decisively outpraying Saint Finnian on the other side.

• Like 1