Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dr. Steven Greer... 'scammer' or hero?

bendigger0

Some folks think Dr. Steven Greer is a great hero for opening a public dialog about UFO's. Some think Greer is a "scammer" and a fraud. What do you think? What about the Disclosure Project?

I thought Richard Greer was Good in American Giggalo !

The guy from pretty woman right! With Julia Roberts? (Much better with female faces than male)

Julia_roberts.gif

• Like 5

The guy from pretty woman right! With Julia Roberts? (Much better with female faces than male)

Julia_roberts.gif

Now Thats truly Proof Of Aliens taking over our Planet ! LoL Cheers mate !

• Like 2

Here's a few clues... Steven Greer:

- Used a flashlit moth silhouette to claim he had captured an 'alien light being'

- claimed he had proof of the the Atacama 'humanoid' being alien (it has long been known to be a deformed fetus)

- claimed ability to summon UFO's and aliens when he wished (but failed to do so)

- claimed ability to telepathically communicate and remote-view aliens.. but, you guessed it

- will, any day now, release the Orion 'Free Energy' machine - he just needs $3m of your money...

- Disclosure was going to happen in 2010 - it didn't

- claimed the military used nerve gas on an underground alien base

- claimed the Open SETI project was receiving but covering up alien signals (but his similar project has failed..)

- claimed he had been briefed on UFO's by a CIA manager, who subsequently, publicly and with several witnesses, completely contradicted the story

- illegally breached copyright and copied and then released a document as if it was his own, when he had little or nothing to do with it (it was owned by the UFO Research Coalition)

- claimed the Earth was under quarantine and we were warned off the Moon (hence the Neil Armstrong lies)

- claimed a picture showing some barely visible 'Joshua tree' branches at night was "an extraterrestrial diplomatic ambassador"

I could go on and on, but at some point you have to NOT waste your time on lying scammers like him. I haven't linked any of these stories, but you'll see they are VERY easy to find - if anyone gets 'stuck' on any of them, let me know, but first do some fishing for yourself - Google is your friend and I've given you the key words.

Best to do that sort of research before starting a thread like this, but whatever floats (or in this case SINKS) your boat, I guess.

Why do I get the feeling that none of the above will sink in with the OP.

• Like 7

I half to admit that before today, I never heard of this guy. But at least Robert Ripley said, "Believe it or Not!" Ripley was at least semi-honest.

• Like 2

- Used a flashlit moth silhouette to claim he had captured an 'alien light being'

lol

b75a7b602ce8.jpg

:D

• Like 5

Now Thats truly Proof Of Aliens taking over our Planet ! LoL Cheers mate !

Disturbing isn't it!!!!!

• Like 2

Psyche, may I ask you to never post that GIF again - I'm going to have nightmares... I can't really explain why (maybe it is because Julia's mouth is clearly not human..), but that is one of the creepiest, most disturbing things I have ever seen.. eeeurgh..

• Like 6

Psyche, may I ask you to never post that GIF again - I'm going to have nightmares... I can't really explain why(maybe it is because Julia's mouth is clearly not human..), but that is one of the creepiest, most disturbing things I have ever seen.. eeeurgh..

LOL :D:lol:

It had more of a train wreck effect on me... when I saw it, I could not look away a real WTF moment!

I just didn't know what to think..... still don't .......

For people to be credible, they wouldn't need to make things up. The vast amount of stuff he's made up and outright lied about leads me to believe that the truth is NOT his motive, and therefor I cannot believe a single thing that he says.

• Like 7

I think Greer has followed a common path in modern UFOlogy. When he started the Disclosure Project in the 90's he honestly thought that it would blow the lid off the most elaborate and lengthy cover-up in the history of civilization. When all he got was vague and non-committal statements, his fame started dwindling so he started grasping at straws with the Atacama skeleton.

The moth thing was borderline fraud.

• Like 2

What do all those Greer spam videos have to do with all of the scams we have pointed out?

Why have you (as usual) not addressed ANYTHING that other posters have raised?

Please ANSWER those questions - posting reams of Youtube videos without comment is not only against the spirit of this DISCUSSION forum, it is simply the last refuge of the gullible.

If you get off your lazy Youtube-surfing-only backside and actually address the scams already pointed out to you, OR put up some compelling information and what *real* research you have done IN YOUR OWN WORDS, some of us might listen, perhaps even take you seriously. But if that dreck is your idea of research, then I'd suggest you try Godlikeproductions or Abovetopsecret instead. This is a serious forum with serious participants. Throwing sewage at a fan won't work here.

Here is that list of Greer scams again - are there any that you dispute?

- claimed he had proof of the the Atacama 'humanoid' being alien (it has long been known to be a deformed fetus)

- claimed ability to summon UFO's and aliens when he wished (but failed to do so)

- claimed ability to telepathically communicate and remote-view aliens.. but, you guessed it

- will, any day now, release the Orion 'Free Energy' machine - he just needs $3m of your money...

- Disclosure was going to happen in 2010 - it didn't

- claimed the military used nerve gas on an underground alien base

- claimed the Open SETI project was receiving but covering up alien signals (but his similar project has failed..)

- claimed he had been briefed on UFO's by a CIA manager, who subsequently, publicly and with several witnesses, completely contradicted the story

- illegally breached copyright and copied and then released a document as if it was his own, when he had little or nothing to do with it (it was owned by the UFO Research Coalition)

- claimed the Earth was under quarantine and we were warned off the Moon (hence the Neil Armstrong lies)

- claimed a picture showing some barely visible 'Joshua tree' branches at night was "an extraterrestrial diplomatic ambassador"

:

• Like 6

Julia_roberts.gif

I will never sleep right again! o_O

• Like 5