Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lost Ceylon Sapphire

Blossbink

Please help, I have searched, inside and outside of my home, drawers, cupboards, pantry, garage, my car, whilst this stone is not small, it's obviously not big enough for me to see. Have searched with a torch at night, but so far I'm not finding. I wore this ring all the time, and it sparkles, the first thing I noticed when I woke up early on 27th Dec, was that my stone was missing! Have searched where I was sleeping, can anybody help me?

post-145540-0-62169900-1390462809_thumb.

No, we have a Dyson, and have emptied it on newspaper every time....I even vacuumed the back lawn, and checked the vac bin. Thanks for responding x

Edited by Blossbink
  • Like 1

Just to clarify, when you say "the stone is missing" I am presuming you still have the ring, but the stone has fallen out of the mounting?

turn all lights off in the house (pitch black is best) and go around with a flashlight and hopefully it will "sparkle" its hiding place... Oops, I see you have done that - back to the drawing board.

Have you checked pockets, washing machine filter, drier filter, dishwasher etc

Edited by keithisco

Yes, the ring was still on my finger, minus the stone. If I had lost the ring, I could have used my metal detector to find the ring, but how do I detect a gem?

Washing machine checked, dryer checked, I'm grateful for any ideas, I think I've thought of everything, but there's always some place I have overlooked!

The day before I discovered it lost, I mowed the lawn, and disposed of the grass on a vacant block, next door, have tried the torch at night, but I think i need to cut back the longer grass there first? I prepared and cooked dinner (checked the rubbish). I guess I wondered if there was anyone out there that could pick up any vibes.

I've also tried the pendulum, which at first gave me a definite yes to it being inside my house, but now it's picking up my own uncertainty. I am at my wits end!

Thanks so much for giving me ideas!

Have you recently cleaned under the cushions in your couch? I would check the "Inside" of the couch. If there is a cloth over the bottom of the couch try patting it to see if any weight is above on the inside of the furniture?

Edit: I would also have you check the car seats.

Edited by Ugly1
  • Like 1

Great idea Ugly1, I woke up on the couch, when I discovered it missing. It was the first place I thought it could be. Looked between cushions etc. Have just had another search...not easy as its a modular corner lounge, with no loose cushions, turned it upside down, shook it, even opened the cloth covering the base. No Sapphire yet, but I did find a pencil and a keying hoopy thing, that I didn't find when I looked before. So my checking wasn't as thorough, I guess?

Going to go back to check the car again, later....thanks for the ideas!

Checked the car again....took off the covers on the sliders that allow the seat to go forward and back.....found $2.65 in coins, a nut head and a heap of broken biscuits that my son must have dropped (a long time ago), so I wasn't very thorough there either.....still my beautiful blue stone remains hidden. :-(

Try checking in the dirt, between the grass and concrete, near white (possibility painted wood).

• Like 1

This might sound strange but, try using a black light to find the stone. If it is a true ceylon, it should fluoresce or glow in a orange/red range.

• Like 1

This might sound strange but, try using a black light to find the stone. If it is a true ceylon, it should fluoresce or glow in a orange/red range.

Not strange at all...I managed to get a pathetic uv black light from the pet shop, but have got to get a more powerful one. I tested another old ring (great grandmas) of mine that has 3 small rubies, only it looks like one of the stones is not a real ruby! Now I can see what I'd be looking out for as regards to colour, thanks for the tip!

Try checking in the dirt, between the grass and concrete, near white (possibility painted wood).

Will do, thanks!

the first thing I noticed when I woke up early on 27th Dec, was that my stone was missing! Have searched where I was sleeping, can anybody help me?

I'm wondering if it fell out when you were in the bathroom the night before. It could be in there somewhere, even down the sink or on the bathroom floor.