Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Alien goo' turns out to contain Magpie DNA

UM-Bot

A strange sticky translucent substance that was found after a UFO sighting has been tested by scientists.

The discovery of a strange translucent slime at an RSPB nature reserve in Somerset following an alleged UFO sighting in February last year prompted a spate of news reports at the time promoting the possibility that the mysterious goo could be extraterrestrial in origin.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/261270/alien-goo-turns-out-to-contain-magpie-dna

I've come to believe that there are no paranormal, supernatural entities or events, only undiscovered science.

That´s not just a believe, that´s a fact and the reality. :yes:

Edited by toast
  • Like 2

In all my years of interest in the paranormal and UFO phenomenon, all I've come across are normal, natural occurrences given wild speculation. Marsh lights mistaken as ghosts; Earthquake lights mistaken as UFOs; Bears mistaken as Bigfoot; Floating logs mistaken as sea monsters; Spider webs mistaken as angel hair; Dust mistaken as spirit orbs.

I've come to believe that there are no paranormal, supernatural entities or events, only undiscovered science.

By jove, I think she's got it.

I would love to have seen the look on these peoples' faces when they were told that the substance they had collected was magpie puke.

• Like 2

Magpies from space. To be fair we're all made from star stuff :whistle:

So that's where Heckle and Jeckle came from!

• Like 1

By jove, I think she's got it.

I would love to have seen the look on these peoples' faces when they were told that the substance they had collected was magpie puke.

I hope they put it on their toast, eating it in order to "commune" with the aliens, before they got the news.

Harte

• Like 1

I am never disappointed to be disappointed, I am just glad that an answer, no matter how bizarre can be given to a mystery. Although, it seems a less alien mystery now surrounds why magpies eat and puke up frogs in great numbers during these times of UFO sightings.

#LoveScience!

• Like 1

I used my ray gun on a couple of small forest creatures that I caught shagging; because I thought it was just unnatural. They need to stay with their own kind... -LoLzzz

• Like 2

I don't know, but I'm a staunch believer in the possibility of the paranormal, supernatural, and ET-UFO's

But I have no proof... it's just my mindset, I guess.

EDIT: For this "goo" thing, I felt it was some type of "natural" event all along.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

Well heck. That's another piece of "proof" I have to take off my list.

So that's where Heckle and Jeckle came from!

Probably few on here know who Heckle and Jeckle were...

If you know Heckle and Jeckle, then you know Mighty Mouse.

• Like 3

magpiefrog ! the alien :D

Is that like Manbearpig?

Harte

• Like 2

"Well, Officer Johnson, how do we explain this to the public?"

"We'll just..er...let's just say it like it is. There's no regular average bird gloop. It's spacebird gloop."

Just in case people didn't realise, the magpie in the picture is an Australian Magpie, which is completely unrelated to the European Magpie I assume was responsible for the goo.

I can't help it ...

S #1: What? A swallow carrying a coconut?

A: It could grip it by the husk!

S #1: It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut!

• Like 2

Hmm so star jelly = Maggie vomit. :alien:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Of course, if it is in reality and undiscovered, that is exactly what it is, undiscovered science.. That can be said about any kind of phenomenon that actually exists even if it turns out to be ghosts, aliens, or anything for that matter.