Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hello... so lost....

Angel13

Hello, I am new to this forum and this topic. But I have come here looking for guidance. I will start by telling a little of my history (so strange putting it out there, but strangely easy as I hide behind this computer) lol

I have always been a believer in psychic abilities and the supernatural (if thats what its called) I have had my own set of experiences throughout my lifetime.. Ive heard stories from my mother and aunts on how theyve astral traveled, or have seen ghosts. Perhaps persuading my subconcous to believing I as well have these things happen? I can remember as a child feeling as if i were being pulled from my body while I slept and seeing myself lying on the couch and everyone else going about as if I were sleeping. Or smells of my deceased grandmothers homemade meals when nothing was cooking. I've always had a "knowing" of some things... just know.. what someone is going to do or what an outcome will be. I have had dreams that have come true... a stupid example.. I was a teenager dreaming my boyfriend cheated with a girl who was moving and she was pregnant. sure enough I found out exactly that! ( I even had her description right when i had never seen her before. ) SO many coincidences like that have happened. Sometimes many in a month sometimes not for years... I have emotions I cannot explain.. like when an acquaintance told me she was pregnant, I felt so overjoyed and happy that I cried! (why? I had only met her once and had a few short conversations with her through email.) Tragedies like 911, hit me like I lost someone who was there. My best friends son was killed and it was like I was sent into a deep depression I was in a daze for months.. I even "knew" the person would get caught and that they would be in some way connected to the family. I could go on about little things like that but I'll hope this is enough for someone to give me some insight. What has compelled me to find guidance is that lately I have had strange dreams... nothing I feel as if are going to happen but more I feel is a message and I cant figure it out. The latest was last night- A woman walked into a room and I was sitting there and suddenly a chihuahua was there too (it looked just like my own, and thats what I exclaimed to the woman!) I realized the dog was spirit and the woman was there for me to connect to her dog. Then there were more chihuahuas and maybe one or two other small breed type of dog. I asked the woman if she had more then one dog and she said no but there were many other people in the other room waiting to see me. Then I woke up… I hope Im in the right place... Am I completely insane? Can anyone shed any light? :)

Hello and welcome, Angel13 :st

The thing about dreams, IMO, is that they are so personal that you are the only one who can interpret their meaning. I've found the best way to do this is to write the dream down in as much detail as possible without interpreting as you go along. I feel as though this is important ..... try to detach yourself from what you are writing until you have finished completely, then read it through and the message for you should be clear. I hope this is helpful. :)

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 2

Thank you for the kind welcome! And thank you both for reading my post. I would love to help people, if only I knew how to :) I really feel crazy but I guess I just have to figure it out. I have been reading on things that are similar to the ones that happen to me and I suppose it is quite possible I am an empath as for any other abilities I may have I am not sure but its hard to not question my sanity. I have been writing down my dreams the past couple months so maybe I will figure it out soon!

Ps I really love that quote! Beautiful!

Thank you ..... and I love your avatar!

You sound as if you are very sensitive to hidden influences. People who do not have this sensitivity like to describe what we feel as 'insanity' :hmm: . Ignore them and accept your abilities for what they are.

Hi Angel13 & salutations, there is a lot more to dreams then anybody at this point in time can imagine,out of curiosity can you lucid dream. :unsure2:

Thank you Ouija <3 I suppose i just need more confidence in myself, Its hard because my husband is a skeptic (although he has witnessed first hand things Ive said that then have happened) He has a way of coming up with an explanation. He will usually use science. Then I begin doubt myself.

Hello Cryptic Chameleon! I have had dreams (not many) where I realize I am dreaming but they have never stuck out to me as important lol

Im not sure if I am doing this right. Forgive me if Im posting in the wrong place.. I should've looked around before I just dove in with a question lol But thank you all for taking your time to engage with me, it definitely is nice to discuss with people with an open mind! :)

Hello again. If you have been writing your dreams down then some sort of 'theme'(or 'themes'), should be apparent by now. Your mind uses dreams to make you understand something you're just not 'getting' while you are awake. So ........................ are you not 'getting' it or are you refusing to accept the message? :whistle:

They may, of course, simply be very vivid and detailed dreams that have no special significance.

The trouble with science is that it refuses to accept the unseen and as yet un-provable.

• Like 1

Yes! You are absolutely right! Maybe it is a little of both? lol All of these dreams have been me surrounded by animals! The first of these dreams I was surrounded by white rats! There is always one or two of a different animal... the first dream was 2 brown rats( which one came and bit me!) and this time chihuahuas and one or two other little dogs (shitzhu's I think). I know they have some significance.. I will figure it out! But you are right, I may be refusing to accept the message. Thank you!

• Like 1

About your abilities... These can feel overwhelming at times. I have a thin skin too. There are more than a few people who do. You have met them I'm sure because you know them immediately when you encounter them. It's a certain exchanged look. A look of knowing. And a feeling like a tickling right around your belly or just around your navel...like a very mild buzzing.

Today I met again with my friend whose son was killed just a couple of weeks ago. My poor friend. To lose a child. There aren't words. I could feel her pain directly. I'm crying now. It's is very difficult to be an empath so you have to build up barriers. But at the same time you can be of enormous help to someone who is in pain. It's like to share their pain makes it less for them somehow. Or joy, it is doubled. I don't want to be a downer on this. Just remember you aren't the only one and it can seem overwhelming.

If you have strong dreams it just is another indicator that this might be the case for you. It's a strange path. Just do a lot of deep breathing and learn to do some biofeedback to control how your body reacts. Sometimes people's emotions can overwhelm you to the point where you may think you are losing it but instead it's just other stuff bleeding over that isn't yours. The trick is to sift it out. For me, when it is "other stuff" that isn't mine, it hits me like a panic at first because it can be so strong and the other's thoughts/feelings so foreign to me at the time that I feel temporarily like I am losing it. I break out often in a cold sweat too and feel nausea. But then it subsides when I remind myself that it most likely is coming from an outside source. Then, sure enough, I learn later that so and so was going through something difficult, or just weird, potent, important and that energy ripple hit me too, but with no frame of reference for it. It can be a bit unnerving to feel it but not be the direct experiencee.

Welcome aboard.

Edited by SSilhouette
  • Like 2

Sounds like empathy and precognitive dreaming. My suggestion are meditate and use a dream journal. This way you can learn the difference between a regular dream and a precognitive one. The meditation should help you control you empathy as well be used to train it. Such as visualizing someone you know and just "feel" them. Keep records of your efforts. Eventually your empathy will develop into a sense of Knowing. You'll be able to read a person like a book. Unfortunately I sense death, I've released two grandparents and it's never a easy thing. My grandpa (mom side) was dying of lung cancer, he wouldn't respond to anyone at the hospital but me. The last day I saw him I told him the everything would be ok, that we'll all be fine. He gently squeezed my hand and died that night. He came to me in a dream smiling. I knew before I was told. My grandma was a different story, when I went to the hospital to see her they had her hooked up to machines as was heavily sedated. I told my father that she wasn't there anymore. He agreed, which shocked me. Everyone thinks that having one of these gifts is somehow great, it is in a way, but it's also a heavy burden at times. I wish you the best and wisdom on your path.

• Like 3

Amazing! I can relate with what you both have just wrote! First, thank you so much for sharing your stories with me! Im am beyond the moon to actually talk to others who understand what has been my life!

I have been trying meditation( not easy with 4 children!lol) and consciously keeping negative energy away. I am learning slowly... I keep my tigers eye nearby always lol and smudging seems to help :) but physical effects I am still learning to control (is it possible?) Like, craving meat and constant hunger and fatigue (I dont even like meat) because someone close to you is pregnant. Or waking and not being able to move from extreme back pain only to find out your mother has been in bed with back issues and the day she feels better... your ache is gone... ahhh what a journey I have ahead of me Im sure, But I've always been one to thirst knowledge... Thank you Thank you for allowing me to feel... normal... whatever that is :rofl:

My eyes may be tearing but my heart is smiling! You all are the best!!!

Hi Angel! (<3 your avatar.)

You got some great advice in this thread. I kept a dream journal for a long time...it can definitely help.

Do you channel your energies into any type of activity, like tarot?

Hope you enjoy your stay.

• Like 1

Thank you Awake2chaos!! I Love the advice I have been given here! I am so happy to have found this place :) I love to write poetry! And I actually HAVE been looking into Tarot. I have been trying to decide which cards I want. Its been a toss between Concious spirit oracle or Universal waite Tarot . Do you read? Any suggestions? Conscious spirit oracle really calls to me<3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Universalguy :) hope you have found the same warm welcome as I have.

Yes Rogue suga, I agree!

Thank you both for offering your insight. I have found so much peace in the overwhelming acceptance in this forum!