Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astronaut Gordon Cooper

bendigger0

Well, poor Gordon Cooper has gone 'round the bend... he saw something and THOUGHT it was a "flying saucer" haha

Just because he's an astronaut doesn't make him any better a witness then anyone else when witnessing the unexplained.

• Like 3

Oh great! So Ben, you're going to spam this forum with numerous threads that all essentially say the same thing?

• Like 3

Oh great! So Ben, you're going to spam this forum with numerous threads that all essentially say the same thing?

No... i would never talk about UFO's or ExtraTerrestrials in the UFO and ExtraTerrestrials forum.

Well, poor Gordon Cooper has gone 'round the bend... he saw something and THOUGHT it was a "flying saucer" haha

bendigger0,

Please quit the childish behaviour. There is nothing wrong in being a sceptic or a believer, however do so in a mature manner.

Name calling more suitable for a kindergarten playground is not acceptable. From the rules:

3d. Trolling: We have zero tolerance for trolling on the forums. We define 'trolling' as the act of posting intentionally false, controversial or offensive comments designed to start arguments or to provoke, bait or annoy other members.

3l. Defamation: Do not use this site or its services to attack, promote hatred towards or otherwise defame other web sites, forums, groups or individuals.

Edited to add:

Topic title changed to remove insult.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf
  • Like 9

Gordon Cooper was a disgruntled ex employee who felt he had drawn the short straw with his previous employer, that being NASA.

Not like a disgruntled ex employee to make waves is it.

• Like 2

Here we go, using bendigger0's approach - here's a link completely rebutting that pitiful video he posted. It's penned by James Oberg, who hangs out hereabouts at times and may wish to give a more in depth analysis..

http://www.zipworld....ith/cooper.html

Unlike ben, who clearly doesn't think his opinion is worth posting, instead only being able to post links, I'll make a comment or two on that link:

The contradictions and odd reversals in Cooper's statements over the years are .. well, a little strange - which stories should we believe? In Omni magazine, he states:

"To my knowledge, the only astronaut on any of the Mercury, Gemini, or Apollo missions who ever saw anything that might have been a UFO was Jim McDivitt, but he didn't get enough pictures to prove anything substantial. That's the only case, in spite of all the stories you hear"

Many of Coopers recollections and stories have been investigated, and well.. read the link (and not just the first page or so..)

Suffice to say that there is no supporting evidence to the claims that have been made (mostly by UFO promoters and authors on Cooper's behalf, it seems..). Which puts this right up there with the 'best' that bendigger has supplied in all this frantic posting... no evidence, just beaten up stories.

• Like 4

Here we go, using bendigger0's approach - here's a link completely rebutting that pitiful video he posted. It's penned by James Oberg, who hangs out hereabouts at times and may wish to give a more in depth analysis..

http://www.zipworld....ith/cooper.html

Unlike ben, who clearly doesn't think his opinion is worth posting, instead only being able to post links, I'll make a comment or two on that link:

The contradictions and odd reversals in Cooper's statements over the years are .. well, a little strange - which stories should we believe? In Omni magazine, he states:

Many of Coopers recollections and stories have been investigated, and well.. read the link (and not just the first page or so..)

Suffice to say that there is no supporting evidence to the claims that have been made (mostly by UFO promoters and authors on Cooper's behalf, it seems..). Which puts this right up there with the 'best' that bendigger has supplied in all this frantic posting... no evidence, just beaten up stories.

Ah - Chrlzs... bendigger has already made his views on Jim O quite clear...

post 110 here http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=260997&st=105

states:

"I believe it(Neil Armstrong, and other astronauts encountering extra-terrestrial life on the moon) because i also believe that "flying saucers" are a hardware reality existing in our atmosphere. It seems quite likely to me that "they" are/have been also on the moon. I don't trust Jim Oberg at all. A myth? You and many other highly educated, insightful, fully cogent individuals believe so. I don't".

Which strikes me as odd as Ive never seen him debate Jim, not under the name bendigger anyway...

• Like 1

...not under the name bendigger anyway...

So you've noticed too, huh..? :D

• Like 2

Digging through my really old files continues to uncover pearls and nuggets whose significance I hadn't understood at the time. There's this item from my logbook, from several years before I was motivated to investigate the stories:

Cooper's original Germany 'UFO story' -- Weather balloons

March 5, 1976: Acuff [Jack Acuff, NICAP Director] tells me: "I talked to Cooper several years ago. He is into weird stuff, but he said he hadn't seen any UFOs on his space flights.... he did talk about a UFO in Germany that he chased and then decided was a weather balloon."

http://www.jamesoberg.com/image/cooper-acuff.jpg

• Like 3

Digging through my really old files continues to uncover pearls and nuggets whose significance I hadn't understood at the time. There's this item from my logbook, from several years before I was motivated to investigate the stories:

Cooper's original Germany 'UFO story' -- Weather balloons

March 5, 1976: Acuff [Jack Acuff, NICAP Director] tells me: "I talked to Cooper several years ago. He is into weird stuff, but he said he hadn't seen any UFOs on his space flights.... he did talk about a UFO in Germany that he chased and then decided was a weather balloon."

http://www.jamesober...ooper-acuff.jpg

You know how it works by now Jim, you come up with the goods, burst some bubbles with some interesting takes on the believers versions of past events, and then 'some' members will dismiss you out of hand, mores the pity...

Theres none so blind as those who will not see! I for one appreciate all your inputs :tu:

• Like 3

The worst part is the wasted energies, since I think i've made it clear that I believe there ARE worthy mysteries awaiting diligent, dogged investigation by talented amateurs outside the 'establishment' and 'conventional wisdom'.

Here's a recent essay of mine on such scientific revolutions that blind-sided the "smart" guys:

http://www.jamesoberg.com/Space_Probes-FOREWORD.pdf

• Like 4

prologue is IT Jim ! Good text I say ! :tu: We are on the verge of something Grand to discover I feel. Its not messing up our world so we can learn to understand all we will get to see before then !

justDONTEATUS

• 1 year later...