Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to really know if im a medium

grantf009

I've had things happening growing up and communication and seeing people, and feeling them around me. They visit in dreams and almost every night (only at my home) every night they wake me up.

I feel their emotions and I don't know if that makes me something. I've had hell come loose growing up but now its peaceful. What are the signs? I'm a Christian btw and I don't know if these things happen to us or not. Any insight please!

Edited by grantf009
  • Like 1

Quick way to tell if you're a medium is if small is too small and large too large.

• Like 7

Quick way to tell if you're a medium is if small is too small and large too large.

But what if too small is percectly small, but the perfectness of it is too small? :(.

But what if too small is percectly small, but the perfectness of it is too small? :(.

Then you probably aren't medium.

• Like 2

Speak to your doc about it, amigo. I say that not in humour. I mean it.

Your doc cares.

• Like 2

Rule the following out but if you persist in seeing things that aren't there, the Doctor is your first port of call.

apophenia

cognitive dissonance

Synesthesia

Sleep apnea

Hypnagogic sleep disorder

Magical thinking

affect bias

Lots of ordinary explanations to rule out before accepting the extraordinary.

• Like 1

Waking up in the middle of the night, every night, is not a good thing.

I had a bit of stress at a point in my life (who doesn't? - Am I right UM'ers :D) and I was waking up a few times a night. Getting less sleep made my stress worse and just made the day harder.

But yes definitely speak to a doctor. It's only a few minutes out of your life and you'll get some good advice.

• Like 1

I agree with the above posters. Seek medical help first, if you have none of the fore mentioned issues, then seek a more metaphysical answer. Sleep deprivation can be a surrealistic wonderland.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

I like that insight.

As to your original question, yes we all have that connection to the divine within our self. Through it we can connect and communicate with All That Is. I suggest you learn to trust in your own inclinations and not seek any form of validation from others.

John

• Like 1

So now you claim you are a medium? Because you recorded with an cell phone app and you believe you can hear voices talking to you?

This is why i don't think you are a medium.

A. You have an over active imagination. You seem to unintentionally embellish things that had happen to you to the point you making massive jumps with out using commonsense, research and above all, rational thinking. I blame the current media, Ghost hunters and other shows the can easily provoke people into believe something.

Example: Camp Fire stories, The point of a camp fire story is to creep people out BUT it is also to put the seed of something out there and most times the story teller or a friend would do a jump scare (jumping out the bushes or making a noise behind you) and for that second you instantly think that the thing attacking or making that noise is that fictional creature.

B. You are seeking attention. I read your posts, You act like a victim needing urgent help but you really not taking the skeptical views and still haven't upload those voice recordings.

C. Sleeping behavior, If you sleep at irregular hours, eat fatty, sugary, caffeine food or drink before going to bed, be paranoid or even troubled about something... You will have sleeping problems, Some people will have waking dreams, where they wake up but partly a sleep and can see/hear/taste things and even believe it. I know, I suffer this for I work retail, Every Christmas holidays, I would work weird hours, i would eat food at random hours and I am always stressed, Stressed about my boss pushing me to sell crap, Customers hassling me about petty things, stress that I come straight from home to find I have to go to work in four hours for a 10 hours, stress that i don't have much money to buy gifts for my wife or children, stress that my wife is mad that i rarely see her etc. In the end, I always end weird nightmares or waking up and seeing creatures/humans or having conversations with imaginary people.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 2

The biggest problem with psychic abilities is thinking your psychic. If you have it then you know it, if you don't your pretending. Get the thought stuck in your head that you can communicate with spirits then you'll reinforce this in every way possible. I've worked with spirits, seen them since childhood. However I was never sure if they were real or just manifestation from my own subconscious. The information they gave was 90% correct most of the time. If they come to you test them. Don't assume you have some mystical power.

thbig_rotflol.gif

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

I'm just asking a simple question. I put it as simple as I could, so that I WOULDNT bring attention to myself. I just asked a question and every single smart ass gets on here and then does this. I'll just stick to another site. And I already have told my doc. And no I don't do it for attention, I hate attention. I just wanted to know if anyone else has it.

• Like 2

There's a UM thread up at the moment talking about how video games affect your dreams. Especially games like world of warcraft. A game you say you play often.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=261295&hl=

• Like 1

There's a UM thread up at the moment talking about how video games affect your dreams. Especially games like world of warcraft. A game you say you play often.

http://www.unexplain...opic=261295&hl=

Now that is good advice. As a video game player, I can attest to when I play games for long long periods of time, they do affect what I dream. But that's the same with everything else.

I'm just asking a simple question. I put it as simple as I could, so that I WOULDNT bring attention to myself. I just asked a question and every single smart ass gets on here and then does this. I'll just stick to another site. And I already have told my doc. And no I don't do it for attention, I hate attention. I just wanted to know if anyone else has it.

This is a forum. Topics are debated. Don't get upset if you receive answers that don't agree with you. People gave you decent answers and you just brush them off.

• Like 1

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=261295&hl=

That was also 2 years ago when I said tbat I play. I haven't played since. I'm a broke college kid with no video games or a tv.

• Like 1

I don't think I'm explaining things correctly. I'll work on it. But until then I've only heard 1 other person with the same thing as I do. And I haven't met them yet but it's all confusing right now on finding them on campus.

• Like 1

Now that is good advice. As a video game player, I can attest to when I play games for long long periods of time, they do affect what I dream. But that's the same with everything else.

Yes I agree too. I remember when Skyrim came out. I would have full on dreams. I think if you really get into a game, or movie, book or whatever, then that creative part of your mind goes crazy. The excitement of playing on or reading on keeps it on your mind often.

• Like 1

I like that insight.

As to your original question, yes we all have that connection to the divine within our self. Through it we can connect and communicate with All That Is. I suggest you learn to trust in your own inclinations and not seek any form of validation from others.

John

OHHH I thought this question was a humor question. I answered back like it was a funny joke.

• Like 1

This is a forum. Topics are debated. Don't get upset if you receive answers that don't agree with you. People gave you decent answers and you just brush them off.

That's not what I'm doing, I've seen both sides. I just am looking for anyone that has this happen.

• Like 1

God, guys, kid comes in looking for someone to talk to and you all are like a bunch of piranhas. What a sad display coming from a bunch of 'adults'.

It's one thing to be skeptical, but to just flood the kid with sarcastic, thinly veiled insults is a bit much.

Can you all back off and see if he gets some folks with similar experiences before you run him off?

• Like 4

Yeah for a unexplained mystery site I always find it ironic that some of the sceptics seem the most like zealots :unsure2:

• Like 3

Everyone goes all out, trying all they can to do this sort of thing allllllll day, but in the end, my question will still remain.

• Like 1

First of all I think that most of us are wanting to make sure your mentally stable. It's one thing to have psychic abilities and another to be delusional. I see spirits, sense them, and have often communicated with them since forever. So if you can do it then your not alone. Another thing is to test them, ask them questions, and demand answers. Simple stuff. Like what your friend did last night. Once you get an answer ask you friend what they did. If the information is at least 90% right then your on to something. If it's completely wrong then question yourself. You either have it or you don't. Most sites about psychic abilities are complete B.S. so fair warning on that.

• Like 2

So now you claim you are a medium? Because you recorded with an cell phone app and you believe you can hear voices talking to you?

This is why i don't think you are a medium.

A. You have an over active imagination. You seem to unintentionally embellish things that had happen to you to the point you making massive jumps with out using commonsense, research and above all, rational thinking. I blame the current media, Ghost hunters and other shows the can easily provoke people into believe something.

Example: Camp Fire stories, The point of a camp fire story is to creep people out BUT it is also to put the seed of something out there and most times the story teller or a friend would do a jump scare (jumping out the bushes or making a noise behind you) and for that second you instantly think that the thing attacking or making that noise is that fictional creature.

B. You are seeking attention. I read your posts, You act like a victim needing urgent help but you really not taking the skeptical views and still haven't upload those voice recordings.

C. Sleeping behavior, If you sleep at irregular hours, eat fatty, sugary, caffeine food or drink before going to bed, be paranoid or even troubled about something... You will have sleeping problems, Some people will have waking dreams, where they wake up but partly a sleep and can see/hear/taste things and even believe it. I know, I suffer this for I work retail, Every Christmas holidays, I would work weird hours, i would eat food at random hours and I am always stressed, Stressed about my boss pushing me to sell crap, Customers hassling me about petty things, stress that I come straight from home to find I have to go to work in four hours for a 10 hours, stress that i don't have much money to buy gifts for my wife or children, stress that my wife is mad that i rarely see her etc. In the end, I always end weird nightmares or waking up and seeing creatures/humans or having conversations with imaginary people.

Brian Topp please note - you are going to far and above what is considered reasonable and helpful here and in another thread with the OP. It is Not ok to give another member a dressing down in this manner, some of these comments particularly A) and B are merely your opinion based on someone you don't know, and probably better kept to yourself. The idea of personally scrutinising people in such a way is not allowed, and if you were not aware of that before, you will be taking the time to inform yourself about it now - Please See here;

5c. Personal scrutiny: Do not attack or scrutinise another member's intelligence, mental status or personal/educational background.

5a. Personal attacks: Attack the point being presented, not the person who is making it.

I post this in reminder to all -

5f. Balanced debate: Do not make posts forbidding opposing viewpoints or make derogatory personal observations designed to dismiss or belittle another member's opinion ( such as accusing them of being mentally ill or being paid to post. ) All sides of a debate should be represented.

To be clear I am not referring to the Dr comments, which is reasonable advice, but, to address and remind others (xenofish) that establishing someones mental stability is not what the crux of the forum is about and as such if a person wants to talk about something they certainly do not need to qualify in any way or provide a satisfactory account of their medical / mental history. I would like to remind people in general that if anyone ever demands proof of medical certificates or consultations in PM or in thread, that this is something we do not authorise or stand by and as such falls under rule 5c personal scrutiny; and is therefore a serious forum offence. It is there to protect your right to personal privacy on the internet. As such there is no link that suggests that mental instability negates or is confused for the existence of empathy, astral projection, psychic ability etc. These experiences can seemly be experienced by people of all backgrounds, age, mental and health states.

Thanks.

• Like 1