Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stephen Hawking: 'There are no black holes'

Still Waters

He goes to the bar first and orders a beer or so.

But if in the black hole.......

He orders a beer gets a Scotch

Orders another beer gets a rum and coke

Orders another beer gets a Vodka on Ice

Orders another Beer gets Red Cordial

Orders another beer............

And so it goes in the Quantum Bar............

Eventually he might even get a beer.

• Like 1

My wildly uninformed guess is that space-time is quantized at the Plank level so that you don't get infinite density: a sort of "Plank pressure" exists as space-time can't be squished below that.

• Like 1

I tried to post a topic on science in general , in the science portion of the forum but no can do....My intent was not to refer to Stephen hawking only , but to discuss science and it's claims to what is fact , though science is mistaken at times . .Here is or was my post and thoughts : 40 yrs or so later Stephen Hawking now tells that black holes do not exist ? Well then , what else has science been wrong about? I've never accepted everything that science has stated as fact.

Another who did not bother to read anything but the title huh?

No, he never said Black Holes do not exist. How on earth did so many get such a strange misconception? Do that many people really just read the titles and not the articles or links?

You know, I honestly hope not.

Has science been mistaken ?What else has science also been mistaken about ? Could science have been mistaken about it's claims of A.D.D ? because I never believed such a claim to be a fact . I think there's another "cause" for that behavior. ..

No, science was not mistaken, it is an ongoing debate, that is how science comes to be. Someone says or proposes something, then someone else says "Prove it" and they do so on demand as often as is requested. Then with many eyes and minds looking at the same thing, the bugs and flaws are slowly ironed out. Science is fluid, it is NOT a cache.

My son has ADD and ADHD. They go hand in hand quite often apparently, and it dawned on me recently, where do we think that came from? Enter me, Dad the Red Cordial boy, never could slow down, never stopped getting excited. I do not live each day as if it were my last, I live each day as if it were my first.

He has awesome tablets and medications that help him focus in school, and after he started on them his marks went through the roof, and he behaved better, which stopped putting other kids in danger of being hurt - one time he just threw a bunch of pencils into a ceiling fan, he thought it would be hilarious, never considered another kid might get hurt - all the behaviour now gone and thought applied BEFORE actions.

Back in my day, the letters ADD did not mean what they do today. It meant a get big stick for that boisterous child. If that did not work, get a bigger stick. I sure wish I had the understanding my son has today. He will surpass me in every way thanks to the fact we can overcome his hurdles in a constructive way as opposed to outright violence.

I wonder how many years longer will it take for science to finally admit the harmful effects of immunizations as well? Science also says global warming actually exist , though I suspect that too doesn't exist at all .

I would not worry about it, all the mongrel selfish b******* that refuse to immunise might be extinct in another 100 years. The only concern is how many good people these goddamn hippies will take with them along the way. Non immunised kids should not be allowed in schools. People simply do not have the right to place so many other kids at risk.

Global warming is a natural thing that happens to the earth all the time, the concern is "Has Man Accelerated this natural process, and can it get out of control". Never heard of the Ice Age? No farms full of farting cows back then.

• Like 4

My wildly uninformed guess is that space-time is quantized at the Plank level so that you don't get infinite density: a sort of "Plank pressure" exists as space-time can't be squished below that.

I'm at least as uninformed as you are but I'm still pulling for "opens a wormhole and big bangs a new universe in another region of space-time"

His theory on no god but aliens i believe. this one maybe not..

Edited by TheGreatBeliever

Perhaps his next discovery will be, "There is no Hawking."

I'm at least as uninformed as you are but I'm still pulling for "opens a wormhole and big bangs a new universe in another region of space-time"

I'm pulling for a new universe itself. Accelerated implosion turns into accelerated expansion from the perspective on an insider.

• Like 1

I have the urge to re-read 'A Brief History of Time' and insert [There are no Black Holes] every time he mentions them.

I have the urge to re-read 'A Brief History of Time' and insert [There are no Black Holes] every time he mentions them.

Feel urged to read the complete thread here.

• Like 2

Again, Hawking did not say there were no black holes.

[media=]

[/media]

How do people keep missing that?

• Like 1

His theory on no god but aliens i believe. this one maybe not..

What's wrong with the hypothetical scenario of hostile aliens?

What does evolution drive creatures to do? Attain top predator, and that results in violence quite often.

Edited by psyche101

How do people keep missing that?

I don't know, but a better question might be, why is it that no news source can ever find a reporter that actually understands the basics of science to report on science stories?
  • Like 1

I don't know, but a better question might be, why is it that no news source can ever find a reporter that actually understands the basics of science to report on science stories?

Because reporters only requirement for the job is.... Can you lie!