Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NDE's...Another Perspective.

Ealdwita

Just makes me wonder why some have a hard time believing in NDEs.Ive never had one,but through the years of reading and hearing about them,got me convinced.

There is only so much evidence that a reasonable person can deni. Physicalism/materialism can have its fundamentalists just like anything else. I suspect these people have to much invested in their current world view to ever accept the reality in front of them. It might take a few more generations.

• Like 1

very interesting read.. I particularly found this portion quite unique..

Two lesser-known after-effects of NDEs — reported by many researchers — are that some people develop a new sensitivity to electricity or have problems with their wristwatches. Sometimes they don’t even connect the fact that their watch can’t keep time — or stops altogether — with what they’ve been through.

I didn't know that.. It's all about perspective lately.. Cool post..

Edited by Professor T

very interesting read.. I particularly found this portion quite unique..

Two lesser-known after-effects of NDEs — reported by many researchers — are that some people develop a new sensitivity to electricity or have problems with their wristwatches. Sometimes they don’t even connect the fact that their watch can’t keep time — or stops altogether — with what they’ve been through.

I didn't know that.. It's all about perspective lately.. Cool post..

Yes interesting read. Personally though I found the part you quoted came across more as for filler material for her book.

When I started asking the people I was researching if they’d experienced this, I discovered that many had. One was a nurse — a colleague who’d had an NDE — who told me she’d stopped wearing watches after her own experience as they invariably didn’t work.

Those who’d had particularly intense NDEs reported even more problems. One woman told me that she ‘blows’ light bulbs regularly when switching them on — so much so that this has become a standing joke in her family. ‘I’ve also been thrown backwards and right across a room several times when using or touching electrical appliances,’ she said. Disturbing in a different way were accounts from people who’d developed psychic tendencies after having a near-death experience. One woman told me she could subsequently foresee ‘bad things’ that were going to happen, and even predict when people were going to die.

This has so traumatised her that she now rarely goes out — and then only when wearing headphones so that she can play loud music to distract her from her thoughts. A colleague of mine who had a NDE at nine years old claims to have similar powers. She says that ever since her vision, she’s been able to ‘read other people’s minds’ — which distresses her because she feels it’s morally wrong.

So doctors using colleagues for examples in their books I find a bit odd. I guess that's just because of where she works though. Anyway its easy to prove that watches don't work on someone, and even easier to claim they don't after a colleague directs that question to her. So that part to me sounded a little unscientific and seemed to lack wanting to delve further into the possible causes of this(maybe she says more about it in the book though).

Anyway it will be interesting to see some of the scientific studies done where they place pictures in places where people cant see at all. When that happens I'll be more interested. I always find these kinds of studies that turn into a book off putting.

Edited by Kazahel

Just makes me wonder why some have a hard time believing in NDEs.Ive never had one,but through the years of reading and hearing about them,got me convinced.

I think people believe in the experiences of NDE but there is a difference in believing the experience and believing what has caused the experience(or where it comes from).

I'm pretty sure I've had what you call NDE. But how would I ever know if I actually really saw/felt my grandfather(pop)or if I just dreamt the experience. (do a search for nun to find it if you are interested).

Edited by Kazahel

Hearing is the last sense to shut down isn't it? The stuff going on during operations if voiced - instruments are asked for, monitors are monitored, the beep machine goes beep. If one is there the entire time but "unresponsive" I honestly do not see how that becomes an OBE. He was there the entire time, and possibly quite capable of taking in information.

Here is another "miracle"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f24kMvdF54c