Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will People Unite?

ambelamba

Do you think you could add whatever you were thinking before you typed "I guess not"?

It isn't really clear, or rather, it is entirely too broad, a topic for an OP. Are you talking about people uniting against aliens? Uniting with each other? Uniting against the government for hiding aliens? Uniting against the government for colluding with aliens? Uniting against the government for being aliens?

You seem somewhat despondent that people won't unite, but you don't say what you want them to unite about.

Yeah...I was talking about alien invasion. I am sorry for being too cryptic. At one point I simply started avoiding direct expressions.... :(

Well i dont see it.

Personally, I see an alien invasion w/ beings with better technology than us, I'm gonna try to figure out a way to get in their favor. possibly by selling others out.

And I doubt I'm the only person in the world who thinks that way

Edited by Kelevra

I think it would depend first on why the aliens are here. We would likely react differently depending on why they are here.

Sorry as much as I would love to see the world unite to fight poverty, the sex trade, corruption, destruction of the environment, Justin beeber, lady gaga and the kardashians its jut not going to happen. We do not teach in our schools and in our homes the most important lessons that would help change how humans deal with heavy issues. Treating each other with respect, talking about our problems and finding a solution that all parties can agree to, electing politicians that put the best interest of not people but humanity first, learning to love ourselves for who we are and others and cooperating to eliminate the problems that plague both us and our planet.

A naïve and utopian point of view but one that would make lasting impacts on us and our people.

For now all we can do is try to improve ourselves and find others that are trying to do the same and unite.

• Like 1

I think Apollo was a good guide. Once it became clear they had lost the moon race, even Russia grudgingly got behind it and congratulated them for succeeding. I was only a kid watching the events unfold, but the way in which the entire planet stopped, and then euphorically embraced the achievement, gives me hope. It was a magical period.

But I think the idea that some alien species might travel all the way here to our little insignificant and boring (perhaps except for the life hereon) planet for a fight. If they can get here, it's hard to imagine they need us or our resources for anything.

People will unite, its a Long road to this status ! But we will get there in a few hundred years !

You know, the reason why I am going for the crappy scenario is that I became overly reactionary to the people with "Space Brother" mentality. My home country has been endlessly invaded for thousands of years and eventually conquered without any resistance. I simply cannot trust any SOB out there.

• Like 1

It is in our human nature to constantly find defects we can take advantage in the groups we live in. You can take a group of 10 people from the same religion, sex, nationality, city, building, friends etc... and all of them will focus on to finding the weakest link. Even if all are perfect and strong characters but one wears glasses, in this case glasses will become a handicap. That is how we are... still monkeys, really!

• Like 1

I think Apollo was a good guide. Once it became clear they had lost the moon race, even Russia grudgingly got behind it and congratulated them for succeeding. I was only a kid watching the events unfold, but the way in which the entire planet stopped, and then euphorically embraced the achievement, gives me hope. It was a magical period.

But I think the idea that some alien species might travel all the way here to our little insignificant and boring (perhaps except for the life hereon) planet for a fight. If they can get here, it's hard to imagine they need us or our resources for anything.

yeah good point

I was a kid as well..only 5 in '69 but I remember watching the apollo 11 landing on tv and being just mesmerized by it

later on that night our family went outside and looked at the moon,my parents commenting "theres men up there right now"

it was magical like you say

and your right,people did somewhat band together in a sense..

it does offer hope that under certain circumstances we would drop all judgements upon one another and rise up..

a collective whole as we should be anyways for crying out loud!!

cheers

• Like 1

Back in WWII there were the Allies.

Not a bad analogy; perhaps somewhat grudgingly, but on the basis of 'my enemy's enemy is my friend', even Churchill and (eventually) Roosevelt were willing to embrace Stalin as a Valued Ally.

I think this is another case where people have read science fiction and assumed it has something to do with reality. Aliens conquering Earth "War of the Worlds" style doesn't make a lot of sense now that we know there aren't any Martians.

I think this is another case where people have read science fiction and assumed it has something to do with reality. Aliens conquering Earth "War of the Worlds" style doesn't make a lot of sense now that we know there aren't any Martians.

ITs not the Martians I worry about, ITs the Deep,DEEP Space critters that have no problems sucking up little carbon units for a snack on the road !

Highly unlikely I know But If it were to Happen Were Toast ! :tu:

Highly unlikely I know But If it were to Happen Were Toast ! :tu:

how come that every second post of yours makes me hungry??