Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] How do YOU cheer yourself up when sad

spartan max2

If youre always low, then you cant be disapoitned when things go wrong. As opposed to being "up" then when something goes wrong you crash harder.

something like that?

If youre always low, then you cant be disapoitned when things go wrong. As opposed to being "up" then when something goes wrong you crash harder.

something like that?

Yeah, something like that.... it's like a constant reminder or alarm that goes off when I'm in a good mood.

Easy, i just remember things i have come tru in the past and sadness is gone. Alto I cant lie, sometimes that feeling is strong but what is sadness? That feeling, its like my soul is pushed hard by the pressure of this body, screaming 'let me go out a min at least, gimme a break'.

to Chaldera:

I'm just guessing, but could it be that you're realizing you're an introvert instead of an extrovert? In Western society, the extrovert lifestyle is wrongly considered a goal to strive for. It can be frustrating for a quiet, contemplative person to try to imitate his/her friends who are louder and more boisterous.

Maybe you're merely maturing, and leaving "teenage angst" behind you. If so, you wouldn't have to abandon the friends you have now, but keep an eye out for other contemplative-type people you may find easier to relate to.

Edited by simplybill
  • Like 2

I play my guitar, either by itself or along with some other music. Also, gaming is a great way to relieve stress or otherwise get my mind off something that's bothering me for awhile.

So my question is what do you personally do when your really sad to cheer yourself up?

Im kind of down in the dumps today =(

Hrmmzzz, well....

this is a family forum though!!!

:D

Get it?

They change the world, really they do.

• Like 2

Hrmmzzz, well....

this is a family forum though!!!

:D

Get it?

They change the world, really they do.

Numbers... oh how would mankind be without numbers.... I love counting too.

• Like 1

Well best thing to deal with depression is to keep your brain busy. Most people that I know that have been affected by lows and downs in their lifes are people that actually do not use their time wisely and they do not do things that they enjoy.

First, you need to find something that you like to do, in my case I love to make music so I work on that. While I am not feeling like recording or doing something like that, I just play videogames, cook or read a book. You need to keep yourself busy.

Negative thoughts appear when you're bored and when you feel you're not good for anything and actually we all are good for certain things, specific things.

1. Keep your mind busy.

2. Find a hobby, something that fills hours of your life with joy and perhaps it also can involve social interaction while you meet other people doing the same.

3. Become a vegetarian. (I added this because I believe that it's much better to think of animals as our friends than our meals) or at least eat healthily.

4. Long walks or exercise. It has been proven that exercise stimulate the brain in a positive way.

5. Listen to music that you like

6. Take cold showers. Yeah, that works.

7. Watch movies/tvshows/videos that are hilarious.

8. Go out and interact with people! I always tell people to do this. Isn't as hard as it sounds, there are plenty locations and activities that you can enjoy with other people.

9. Do something for other people without expecting any kind of retribution. Join a group, charity, etc. and offer yourself to help others.

Anyway, you get my point.

Edited by MrBene

When one is unhappy or sad, doing most of the things you list will help: not if one is depressed.

• Like 1

If this is diagnosed as critical or chronic, well no, for that you should go to therapy and take pills :P

Edited by MrBene
  • Like 1

go bicycle riding? it works for me.. makes me feel like a kid again! Not this time of year however.

... otherwise, i play guitar and sing.. it doesn't necessarily "cheer me up" but it takes my mind completely off everything else... which calms me. I find that if i'm at peace i'm fairly "happy"

Edited by lightly
  • Like 2

Thus documentary has some good tips. I think you can get it on net flix.

http://youtu.be/YDkv6Mi8JrI

Numbers... oh how would mankind be without numbers.... I love counting too.

Funny how all that adds up to "2" isn't it?

I'm right though! :D

• Like 1

Go for a walk at about 2AM. I also like to remove myself from the adult things in life and spend a whole day playing video games or watching cartoons while eating a tonne of sweets.

Also this (despite the somewhat grizzly details behind it and the men in the video) makes me feel funny and it does the trick.It's that damn tune - hilarious.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Sean93