Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Really Demonic' Performances at Grammys Show

Sweetpumper

What a time to miss the grammies

What almagest said. In what ways exactly have things gotten worse in 'every category of human interaction', and compared to when exactly? Ask gay people if things have gotten measurably worse in the last few decades.

In the 40's and 50's people - even in cities usually didn't need to lock doors. Children in school had to worry about school work or that girl or boy they liked, a man shook your hand and that was all the contract that was needed because if he broke his word he was finished in the community. A gay person kept their sexuality to themselves - as did everyone else, actually. Men of character didn't go around talking about their " exploits" and how many they had bedded. Yes, homosexuals were mistreated and it was wrong - so was slavery. They have both been rectified in great measure. Things began changing in the 60's. The discussion of God was forbidden in schools and slowly the culture changed to being timidly then openly scoffing of Christian values that had for so long been a social glue that kept our baser instincts at bay. Now in this new century there is open degradation sexually and morally in every direction. No one expects honesty in their dealings with others - not really. No one expects the government to keep promises and no one is willing to even speak out about why things have changed. As the culture has coarsened I'm sure many groups have felt that things have improved from their pov. I disagree with homosexuality but it is not my place to condemn man or woman for their choices or how they live their lives - neither will I be trapped into arguing over it. The culture at large is throwing off all of it's former restraints and is pleasure seeking in the extreme. We in the US have become so needy of "things" that our nation is the greatest debtor nation the world has ever known. The debtor is slave to the lender. Debt will destroy us when no other power on earth could. The mass shootings aren't about guns - it's about a lack of respect for life and THAT is a creeping consequence of abortion on demand. THAT is a consequence of "free" sex. Morals actually matter and when a nation spits on them and says no - not for me - NO ONE tells ME what to do... well, time and circumstances have a way of teaching the opposite to be true.
  • Like 1

What almagest said. In what ways exactly have things gotten worse in 'every category of human interaction', and compared to when exactly? Ask gay people if things have gotten measurably worse in the last few decades.

Well technically if your talking about the bible, being gay is said to be a sin. Then look at this world the united states mostly and see how homosexuals have gotten larger in number. So if you referring to the bible and the world today then world has gotten far worse then it was

Well technically if your talking about the bible, being gay is said to be a sin. Then look at this world the united states mostly and see how homosexuals have gotten larger in number. So if you referring to the bible and the world today then world has gotten far worse then it was

I don't think anyone was talking about the bible. It really has nothing to do with the discussion..

• Like 1

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. Have you not noticed that we've gone 70 years without a war between France, Germany and Britain, which is probably the longest period in the History of those nations that they've been at peace? Were you aware that violent crimes in the United States are at a third of what they were a mere 20 years ago? Likewise Teen Pregnancy. Likewise Drug Use. Who are you to call me deluded when you've been chugging the hysteria cup?

http://www.wanttokno...rates_reduction

http://www.cdc.gov/n...briefs/db89.htm

http://www.upi.com/T...37361336597519/

Frankly it's insulting to human decency that you are comparing a witchcraft themed performance to Germany in the 1930s. Insulting, sick, twisted and downright ignorant of what Germany was like before the Nazis came to power. Anti-Semitism didn't just spring into existence in Germany in 1930. They were a persecuted and reviled minority all over Europe, thanks in part to the Catholic Church's teaching that Jews are collectively responsible for Deicide. In Germany it was particularly strong, just look at Martin Luther (and his wonderful tract On the Jews and Their Lies) and Richard Wagner. No, it wasn't at all ridiculous, it was the end result of centuries of ingrained hatred and dehumanisation of the Jewish people.

I think your persecution complex is quite glaring. Christians are 85% of the population of the United States. Christianity is the biggest stumbling block in the way of Marriage Equality, and you think Christians are being persecuted? What is a bigger persecution - someone expressing a view contrary to Christianity, or Gay men and women being denied the right to be beside their dying love because The Good Book says they're abominations.

But I'll humour you. If you're right, I'm going to be right there with you. The lion can have you for dinner and me for dessert.

Then we both would go out in the right way, imo. No man can do more than that.

Demonic????

I loved the Grammy show, especially Pink, and Taylor Swift. Willie and the Boys were great too. :tsu:

Is this the conspiracy section, or Music & TV ?

• Like 1

Actually, I don't think the total number of gay human beings is proportionally any greater today than it ever has been - it is just openly expressed and seems to be "everywhere". Being homosexual IS a sin. But so is drinking to drunkenness or looking at your neighbor's wife with lust or cheating at business. Despite what some religions say I do not "grade" sin. It is the transgression of the law and all are equal except blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and using the name of God in vain. The former is unforgivable and the latter carries punishment with it regardless a person's soteriological condition. This discussion isn't related to gays or gay rights except peripherally.

It is for me a look at the way our culture is becoming more debased - rapidly - and what that means for our future.

Demonic????

I loved the Grammy show, especially Pink, and Taylor Swift. Willie and the Boys were great too. :tsu:

Is this the conspiracy section, or Music & TV ?

How did you like KP's little dance number? I haven't watched the Grammy's in at least 7 years. Just no interest since hip hop took over.

Just no interest since hip hop took over.

Why that is considered music is beyond me.

• Like 1

I don't think anyone was talking about the bible. It really has nothing to do with the discussion..

the post I replied to was asking how has the world changed, I was saying that IF you refer to the bible things have gotten worse. that's all and plus the post thread says DEMONIC peformances anytime you talk about anything demonic the bible is gonna enter into the equation

• Like 1

I would need some evidence that 'homosexuals have gotten larger in number', I don't think that's the case actually. Regardless, for that matter according to the bible believing in other gods or no god is a sin, but one would have to be very ignorant of history to say that laws protecting religious liberty did not improve a major 'category of human interaction'.

How did you like KP's little dance number? I haven't watched the Grammy's in at least 7 years. Just no interest since hip hop took over.

I caught only about the last 30 seconds of her number. Pink's show was fantastic.

They did discuss the role of rap and hip hop in the music scene. Never thought I'd see Merle Haggard and the boys doing Okie From Muskogee at the Grammys! :tsu:

Actually, I don't think the total number of gay human beings is proportionally any greater today than it ever has been - it is just openly expressed and seems to be "everywhere". Being homosexual IS a sin. But so is drinking to drunkenness or looking at your neighbor's wife with lust or cheating at business. Despite what some religions say I do not "grade" sin. It is the transgression of the law and all are equal except blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and using the name of God in vain. The former is unforgivable and the latter carries punishment with it regardless a person's soteriological condition. This discussion isn't related to gays or gay rights except peripherally.

It is for me a look at the way our culture is becoming more debased - rapidly - and what that means for our future.

Ok yeah your right there may not be more gays there just more outspoken, my fault. and as far as drinking to drunkenness to much of anything is bad for you there's also a sin about gluttony. Yes and looking at your neighbors wife with lust is a sin, You yourself say our culture is more debased rapidly. I'm not overly religious but I can see when things in the world are off, and trust me there off.

• Like 2

You think you might like some body and then they reveal thier musical tastes :lol:

• Like 2

You think you might like some body and then they reveal thier musical tastes :lol:

For the most part, but not necessarily always, music can be a unifying force amongst humans. :gun: Bringing together black and white, east and west, and everything in between.

I would need some evidence that 'homosexuals have gotten larger in number', I don't think that's the case actually. Regardless, for that matter according to the bible believing in other gods or no god is a sin, but one would have to be very ignorant of history to say that laws protecting religious liberty did not improve a major 'category of human interaction'.

Like I said I don't know that the number of gays has increased, and yeah your right about religious freedom. You know in Russia the president also thinks gays are wrong, But I,m not bashing gays. They can do whatever they want, but I think we've straight to far from the thread title and I don't want to derail it :unsure2:

Why that is considered music is beyond me.

Why this thread is considered a conspiracy is beyond me.

• Like 1

Why this thread is considered a conspiracy is beyond me.

Quit worshiping Satan and it will be more clear.
  • Like 5

Quit worshiping Satan and it will be more clear.

LOL

Hi and then

With all due respect, your grievances seem somewhat cherry-picked.

In the 40's and 50's people - even in cities usually didn't need to lock doors.

Ask black people, women and gays if things have improved for them since the 40's and 50's.

Children in school had to worry about school work or that girl or boy they liked,

Children in the 50's/early 60's had nuclear attack drills also in school, because the threat of a nuclear war was more prevalent.

A gay person kept their sexuality to themselves - as did everyone else, actually.

No, 'everyone else' meaning heterosexuals did not, 'keep it to themselves'. A gay person had to keep their sexuality to themselves because most everyone at the time was an idiotic bigot towards them, and only that if they were lucky.

Men of character didn't go around talking about their " exploits" and how many they had bedded.

One could argue that a man of character bragging about his exploits is not actually a 'man of character', this seems true by definition. There were plenty of men in every era bragging about their exploits, I don't know how you are measuring that it is now 'worse'.

Yes, homosexuals were mistreated and it was wrong

I agree. It sounds like you almost agree that I'm not deluded to think that not every category of human interaction has gotten worse.

The discussion of God was forbidden in schools

No, the discussion of God was never forbidden, from American schools at least.

and slowly the culture changed to being timidly then openly scoffing of Christian values that had for so long been a social glue that kept our baser instincts at bay.

They were never a social glue, they caused just as much division as anything. I don't see any problem with openly scoffing 'Christian values', it should be able to be criticized like any other set of ideas.

Now in this new century there is open degradation sexually and morally in every direction.

Degrading to you, it's an almost entirely suggestive measure.

No one expects honesty in their dealings with others - not really.

You speak only for yourself here, I expect honesty in some of my dealings with others, really.

The culture at large is throwing off all of it's former restraints and is pleasure seeking in the extreme.

I think most people's religious beliefs derive from pleasure seeking also, I don't see why that is any better than non-religious pleasure seeking.

If you think that things have gotten worse because of us forgetting about God or coarsening or whatever, then if you're being consistent shouldn't you think that clearly good things like the significant drop in violent crime is because of us forgetting about God/a coarsening culture? Maybe it's actually good for 'human interaction' to have a culture that you personally disagree with because they don't align with your personal morals.

• Like 2

Well...all this did was better illustrate to the knuckle draggers out there the current state of depravity in our society.

To each their own I suppose...I always skip the awards shows...I have better things to do,...like watching paint dry.

• Like 4

Some people just don't see Evil.Maybe they are too busy to notice how far gone the world really is...plenty of you would just make a joke about it,or say you are a conspiracy guy.Then again,maybe people only see what they want to because they can't wrap their mind around it all being so Evil.If you say anything against Evil,you are the bad guy...wonder why that is..hmmm

• Like 4

it's a shame the public don't get to vote for the Grannys. Who would you nominate for Illuminati Puppet of the Year? I can think of loads of loads of candidates, I bet you can too.

• Like 1

Some people just don't see Evil.Maybe they are too busy to notice how far gone the world really is...plenty of you would just make a joke about it,or say you are a conspiracy guy.Then again,maybe people only see what they want to because they can't wrap their mind around it all being so Evil.If you say anything against Evil,you are the bad guy...wonder why that is..hmmm

[media=]

[/media]

Darkness, spiritualy speaking, cant understand light.