Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has the rover caught a UFO on Mars?

seeder

I don't think you "get" NASA. Or their terminology.

You seem to have this strange idea in your head that Mars was once like earth TODAY, and using the widely touted phrase of "Mars Was Earth like in it's early history", which means earth like in earths early history as well. You know, before grass or trees. We had water, rock and sand.

Earthlike means like this:

new-explanation-warming-early-earth_69252_600x450.jpg

Even when the violence settled down, it was more like the Sahara Dessert, not England today.

And that is what "Early Mars" Might have looked like. Large rocky outcrops with possibly large shifting dunes of sand that held bodies of what was probably wine red in colour which was acidic and contained much Iron most likely, that mostly resemble large lakes as opposed to oceans - although one ocean may have existed. There is a hypothesis of a primordial ocean - Oceanus Borealis - but not what you imagine from looking out across the briny blue here on earth. Oceans of magma existed too, but that's nothing like what you are proposing. The Oceanus Borealis would be shallow and highly acidic and the greenhouse gasses would make most places on earth very uncomfortable for most types of life. Especially modern forms that you seem to think managed to get a foothold on Mars.

Actually curiosity found signs of river beds and rocks shaped by running water. In the same time they determined it was freshwater with similar PH as on earth. This is one of the greatest discoveries so far Curiosity has made. Surprisingly it seems to be very much minimized.

What Curiosity discoveries are being kept hidden by NASA and not released to the public?

Relax, I am not a conspirationist!

Relax, I am not a conspirationist!

Ok.

So what Curiosity discoveries are not being released to the public?

• Like 2

You know what we need to break this case wide open?.... A Zoserian explanation. :yes:

• Like 1

I would personally love to see or read more of the studies and analyses performed. That includes documentation, components, chemistry, technics used in analyzing the data, results, interpretations, etc... Not just a few general phrases simplify for everyone's mental capacity. I browse the internet hoping to find some documentation but nada...

I would personally love to see or read more of the studies and analyses performed. That includes documentation, components, chemistry, technics used in analyzing the data, results, interpretations, etc...

Would you understand it if you did have the technical documentation and raw scientific data available to you? I'm not being snarky, but this is pretty high technology and advanced science. To most people, dumping technical blueprints and scientific databases on them would be like handing them a papyrus scroll written in hieroglyphs. What would you hope to accomplish from looking at technical blueprints and scientific data? It would be entirely meaningless to me as I have no training or education or experience in these matters. What makes you think you could actually make sense of what was given to you?

Have you tried contacting NASA directly for this information? People who are serious about researching an issue like this don't 'browse the internet hoping to find some documentation'. Research into a subject doesn't start and end with Google searches, unlike what people these days would like to believe.

• Like 4

Ja, my email to nasa would be something like.... Hi my name is x , I am currently working as green leafs cutter for the greatest Canadian Industry WZ. But all my life I dream to Star Trek space traveling learning chemistry, quantum physics and astronomy to such extend that am no longer finding any challenges online. Therefore respectfully I am requesting to be handled all the documentation you have available, or give me a damn job!

Best regards ...signature indescribable...

Actually curiosity found signs of river beds and rocks shaped by running water. In the same time they determined it was freshwater with similar PH as on earth. This is one of the greatest discoveries so far Curiosity has made. Surprisingly it seems to be very much minimized.

Not really. All of these discoveries have been shown on the evening news but let's face facts, the general public doesn't get excited for more than 30 seconds about a river that once existed on Mars.

• Like 1

Ja, my email to nasa would be something like.... Hi my name is x , I am currently working as green leafs cutter for the greatest Canadian Industry WZ. But all my life I dream to Star Trek space traveling learning chemistry, quantum physics and astronomy to such extend that am no longer finding any challenges online. Therefore respectfully I am requesting to be handled all the documentation you have available, or give me a damn job!

Best regards ...signature indescribable...

So you're whinging about not finding raw scientific data and technological documentation that you haven't shown you'd understand in the first place, and which you haven't made any serious effort to find.

Just what is your complaint?

• Like 4

Having access to the "raw data" or research papers generated by it is pretty much useless for most every layman. There are, however, several sites that break it down without dumbing it down that are just a google search away so anyone claiming they can't get access to what Curiiosity is doing they are lying or not trying.

• Like 4

So you're whinging about not finding raw scientific data and technological documentation that you haven't shown you'd understand in the first place, and which you haven't made any serious effort to find.

Just what is your complaint?

How the hell do you know about the "leaves cutting industry in Canada? Not many can get in...

How the hell do you know about the "leaves cutting industry in Canada? Not many can get in...

i'll bite, what ios the "leaves cutting induustry" in Canada?

Something to derail the discussion when he's asked tough questions?
  • Like 4

Possibly an over-zealous tree trimming union. :unsure:
  • Like 2

I did an air show in Quebec and the majority of people did not speak English, they spoke french. I met a very lovely french speaking lady but that is another story. It p***ed off the B52 crew parked next to us that the fast movers always got the gals. Gorgeous place BTW. Anyways, possibly he is using a second language here as that beautiful gal didn't speak a word of English in the middle of Canada (her morose friend did, however).

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

You are talking about a couple of possible small water bodies recently found in the Meridiani Plains region, which may have existed 3.8 billion years ago. Any PH neutral would be short lived, and small due to the basalt it travelled through, and early volcanoes. Then Mars was hit be a meteor, and that ended all PH neutral water bodies. Then the water has been likened to the strength of Vinegar. Every other water body found on Mars did not get such a gentle start. Fresh Water seems to be a rather broad term, as most water bodies on Mars had high saline content.

Earth kicked on after this violent period, and life began to develop. Why do you think a smaller body with less opportunity is likely to have seeded this world?

• Like 1

I hate not being capable of writing English well to be honest. I am feeling inhibited, frustrated etc. often ppl would get something else instead of the message I am trying to explain. The way english phrases are constructed is so different then in French. I can't say the Qc girls are prettier than the rest of Canada but i can definitely say they are much more careful about their physical look comparing to Us.

Speaking of girls here is a joke

I was at the bar the other night and overheard three very hefty women talking at the bar.

Their accent appeared to be Scottish, so I approached and asked, "Hello, are you three lassies from Scotland ?"

One of them angrily screeched, "It's Wales, Wales, you bloody idiot!"

So I apologized and replied, "I am so sorry. Are you three whales from Scotland?"

And that's the last thing I remember.

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 2

I hate not being capable of writing English well to be honest. I am feeling inhibited, frustrated etc. often ppl would get something else instead of the message I am trying to explain. The way english phrases are constructed is so different then in French. I can't say the Qc girls are prettier than the rest of Canada but i can definitely say they are much more careful about their physical look comparing to Us.

I was at the bar the other night and overheard three very hefty women talking at the bar.

Their accent appeared to be Scottish, so I approached and asked, "Hello, are you three lassies from Scotland ?"

So I apologized and replied, "I am so sorry. Are you three whales from Scotland?"

I will agree with you that the gals in Quebec are very attractive. Your English, as a second language, is absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about and is, in fact, very good! Now that we know this is a second language we can give you some room to maneuver. BTW, your language skills far exceed mine so please don't hesitate to tell us if you are having an issue with an idea; my wife is not a native speaker so I understand the problem completely. You are more than welcome here and feel free to ask for help translating your ideas. .

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

There's nothing wrong with your English language skills.

It's not unclear communication that is your problem. It's that you're clearly communicating bad ideas that are not well thought out or based upon factual evidence. No amount of poor language skills can justify why you think NASA are exporting squirrels to Mars to test if they can survive there, or why you hypothesize that meteors should be rounded objects despite evidence indicating otherwise, or why you rail against modern geological science and how it is "fairy tales" for ideological reasons, etc. etc.

Your problem is not language. Your meaning is clear. You are merely saying things that are wrong. That is your problem.

• Like 1

I've never believed Nasa is exporting squirrels on Mars lol. Where is that coming from?

I think it is more the reporters. Scientists in general hate talking to reporters because most of the time the message gets messed up. When Hawking speculated about Aliens being similar to us crossing Oceans, so many took his words as gospel and even denounced him for fear mongering, when that was never the case. Edgar Mitchell spoke to some dubious UFOlogists and some ranchers, and even says I have no first hand information, but papers scream, Ex Astronaut Says Aliens are Here!!

Just take reporters less literally, they have to make headlines sound amazing, it puts food on the table for them.

Loved the joke :tu: :tu:

• Like 2

Found the raw image for those who want to try enhancing etc etc not that I expect final proof of alienz on Mars :lol:.................................Well let me ask the question.......................Who are we if we are not Aliens on a foreign territory...................? :st

Umm... well it is a UFO as it isn't identified... It's all speculation. But it's a meteor in my opinion. It's not as bright on Mars so some would be viewable during the daytime. It wouldn't be the Mars Orbiter or anything we have up there because they are high enough not to leave a trail, the ISS doesn't and neither do satellites.

I'd love for it to be aliens though.

• Like 1

One of the things I *usually* appreciate about UM is how people generally read the entire thread before commenting..

Usually...

• Like 5

So you waked up in the hospital after that event? Any irreversible aftereffects? :lol: