Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The NEXT Lebanon War

and-then

http://www.jpost.com/Defense/IAF-chief-Israel-will-destroy-Hezbollah-bases-in-Lebanon-even-those-in-residential-areas-339773

Apparently the IDF chief is preparing the world for potentially massive civilian casualties should Hezbollah launch a massive missile attack from Lebanese soil again. In short, Israel knows where most of missiles are located and knows that civilians are in many cases living above and below the firing positions. So the choice is to save Lebanese civilians or Israeli civilians. The Lebanese are frankly being warned in advance to evacuate or die. I think the world is pushing Israel into a corner and this next war will push them harder because no matter how many advance warnings are given, Israel will still be blamed completely no matter the circumstances. When absolutely no incentive is left to moderate their behavior, why SHOULD the IDF refrain?

• Like 2

Israel doesn't get blamed at all. Show me these infamous media articles from US media sources "blaming Israel completely". Can you even find one? What a false premise that is, good heavens!

• Like 1

Don't worry folks, Hezbollah will be there, to defend Lebanon engage in terrorism once again.

When they showed they could fight the IDF and at the very least, win the political/psy battle for their efforts, I believe that was one of the biggest drivers of the "Arab Spring". Arabs didn't have to feel as afraid of Israel's government anymore. And as well, Arabs didn't have to be as afraid of their own governments either.

I think one of the consequences of the Arab Spring is that Israel's next war, this time using the US against Iran, got taken off stage and ultimately derailed. So I think the revolutions benefited the US, but not Israel. It's interesting to see developments like that which rattle the bonds of the Establishment. This is one of those major historical events that didn't sit well with the world's sticky and stubborn old-guard alliances.

• Like 1

Hezbollah is sworn to the destruction of Israel; Israel is not sworn to the destruction of Lebanon. Where the blame lies is not so hard except for the chronically ---.

• Like 3

Israel doesn't get blamed at all. Show me these infamous media articles from US media sources "blaming Israel completely". Can you even find one? What a false premise that is, good heavens!

Perhaps you can show me the nations of the UN who actively support Israel - other than Canada and until recently the US? The fact that no active, biting sanctions have begun yet is due to the US frowning on that kind of treatment of our ally. But Obama still has 3 years left, doesn't he? And this thread is about Israel's military leadership OPENLY warning Hezbollah of what will happen if they choose to attack. The idea that Hezbollah beat the IDF is ridiculous. The IDF beat the IDF by not using the force required to do the job. The Hezbollah has grown quite sophisticated and they have over 100,000 missiles to use against Israel this time. If Israel does not strike back with maximum force in a short time then their casualty rate could be enormous. If I were a south Lebanon villager or a citizen of Beirut and I had a militia firing position in one of my bedrooms - I think I'd bug out when the shooting starts. They have been warned.

Hezbollah is sworn to the destruction of Israel; Israel is not sworn to the destruction of Lebanon. Where the blame lies is not so hard except for the chronically ---.

Likud is sworn to the destruction of Palestine, so what's the difference? Why should your thugs get preferential treatment over their thugs?

Perhaps you can show me the nations of the UN who actively support Israel - other than Canada and until recently the US? The fact that no active, biting sanctions have begun yet is due to the US frowning on that kind of treatment of our ally. But Obama still has 3 years left, doesn't he? And this thread is about Israel's military leadership OPENLY warning Hezbollah of what will happen if they choose to attack. The idea that Hezbollah beat the IDF is ridiculous. The IDF beat the IDF by not using the force required to do the job. The Hezbollah has grown quite sophisticated and they have over 100,000 missiles to use against Israel this time. If Israel does not strike back with maximum force in a short time then their casualty rate could be enormous. If I were a south Lebanon villager or a citizen of Beirut and I had a militia firing position in one of my bedrooms - I think I'd bug out when the shooting starts. They have been warned.

So you acknowledge the mainstream media blackout in the US on this issue.

If what you say is true, then I'm glad the world isn't beholden to this ill-ended bedding between the US and Israel. It gives me hope for the world frankly. As for Hezbollah, getting an opponent to lose a fight himself more than by fighting him directly sounds a lot like what Bruce Lee taught.

Likud is sworn to the destruction of Palestine, so what's the difference? Why should your thugs get preferential treatment over their thugs?

So you acknowledge the mainstream media blackout in the US on this issue.

If what you say is true, then I'm glad the world isn't beholden to this ill-ended bedding between the US and Israel. It gives me hope for the world frankly. As for Hezbollah, getting an opponent to lose a fight himself more than by fighting him directly sounds a lot like what Bruce Lee taught.

Problem in the real world though is that there are huge numbers of Lebanese women, children old and infirm who will suffer because these "men" for Hezbollah don't mind hiding behind them to kill Jews. It was a mistake to try to shield them the first time. The next time it cannot happen or Israel would suffer thousands of dead and wounded. Rocket barrages with Fajr 5's and Fateh's would cause a tremendous amount of harm. When the last Lebanon war began there were estimated to be 40,000 missiles in south Lebanon. Today they think it's closer to 130,000. It's been about 7 years since the truce was signed - obliging the blue helmets to stop the addition of new weapons in their area of patrol. Says all one needs to hear about the efficacy of a UN protection force.

Israel don't really need to sworn .They are already doing this

When they showed they could fight the IDF and at the very least, win the political/psy battle for their efforts, I believe that was one of the biggest drivers of the "Arab Spring". Arabs didn't have to feel as afraid of Israel's government anymore. And as well, Arabs didn't have to be as afraid of their own governments either.

This is true that Hezbollah won the political battle only because Israel‘s mission was not the destruction of Hezbollah and they weren’t prepared for the number of civilian casualties that would have occurred. Israel was able to accomplish everything they set out to do. It was primarily to gather intel. You know that was successful because a few months later, Syria’s nuclear reactor went missing. Israel was able to isolate the entire country, knocking out roads, rail, runways, communications, command and control with very little loss of life. This kept civilians from clogging escape routes and out of harm. Kept the Lebanese military out of the way and kept Hezbollah isolated and sequestered. I don’t think Israel realized how entrenched Hezbollah was in with the civilian population. Now that they know the extent, they are prepared to go after Hezbollah. This time you will probably see all roads but one blown up as an escape route for civilians to flee. The IDF will give civilians every chance to get out of the way. Whatever confidence that Hezbollah may have had in repelling Israel will be soon forgotten. Field commanders probably had their forces poised for the coup de grâce but the intel was showing too many civilians in the kill zone and the decision was made to pull back. The IDF had delivered a devastating blow. Killing more civilians would not prove anything. But now the warning has been ignored so Israel will be free to finish the job.

But basing the “Arab Spring” on a false tactical (at best) victory in 2006 is so much pure unadulterated BULL! What does Yemen or even Tunisia care for the Palestinian? What do the Egyptian people fear from Israel? If Israel attacks Egypt, it will be the military it attacks. Israel is not equipped to conquer nations. Israel will go after threats and that’s it. If Israel was intent on conquering her neighbors, she probably would have done it already. But that’s the deal, Israel is not her neighbors.

What concerns Israel right now is Hezbollah, Syria, and Iran. They probably have several plans in place covering various scenarios. Between the IAFs Eitams and NATO/US AWACS which are up constantly with DPS support, Israel should have enough advanced warning to initiate any of their plans. Taking out the S-300s was probably a prelude to action against Hezbollah. Israel probably wanted to take them out before the Olympics.

I think one of the consequences of the Arab Spring is that Israel's next war, this time using the US against Iran, got taken off stage and ultimately derailed. So I think the revolutions benefited the US, but not Israel. It's interesting to see developments like that which rattle the bonds of the Establishment. This is one of those major historical events that didn't sit well with the world's sticky and stubborn old-guard alliances.

Well, that would depend on the belligerents; otherwise that is just so much Bullcrap. What’s this “Bonds of Establishment”? I’ll tell you what it is. It is what allows you to sleep in your bed safe and secure at night. And I guess you are blind to a “Bonds of Establishment” in the Muslim world that would destroy Israel. You’re ok with that one getting stronger. You just don’t realize the clash of cultures that go on constantly and that that endangers the Bonds of Establishment that keeps you safe. What you don’t realize is that the outcome of the Lebanon War in 2006 was insignificant in the strategic standing. We just have to realize that you are only reaching with your hatred of Israel and of this country. The consequences of the Arab Spring are mixed at best. The pangs of freedom are surely stirring but suppressed within the Ummah. The Islamic world is still disjointed.

• Like 1

Israel is not equipped to conquer nations. Israel will go after threats and that's it. If Israel was intent on conquering her neighbors, she probably would have done it already. But that's the deal, Israel is not her neighbors.

Around 1928, Shabtai Levi, a land purchasing agent for Baron de Rothschild wrote in his memoirs, “He (the Baron) advised me to carry on in similar activities, but it is better, he said, not to transfer the Arabs to Syria and Transjordan, as these are part of the Land of Israel, but to Mesopotamia (Iraq), He added that in these cases he would be ready to send the Arabs, at his expense, new agricultural machines, and agricultural advisers.”

You see they do have the intent to conquer their neighbors.

Any way I am expecting an invitation from you to a thread where we can continue our exchange

Edited by jeem

Doesn't Hezbollah have their own problems at home with the Syria Civil War spilling over into Lebanon? Would seem a poor time to pick a fight with Israel. Unless of course they do it to try and gain more support for themselves and give the various factions a common enemy.

Around 1928, Shabtai Levi, a land purchasing agent for Baron de Rothschild wrote in his memoirs, “He (the Baron) advised me to carry on in similar activities, but it is better, he said, not to transfer the Arabs to Syria and Transjordan, as these are part of the Land of Israel, but to Mesopotamia (Iraq), He added that in these cases he would be ready to send the Arabs, at his expense, new agricultural machines, and agricultural advisers.”

You see they do have the intent to conquer their neighbors.

That isn’t intent. That is candid correspondence between a backer and his purchaser. Who BTW, is not Israeli nor involved in the government. Someone like Rothschild is above nationality. And even if that came to fruition, that wasn’t conquering its neighbors. Rothschild was willing to buy people off and resettle them someplace else. That is indicating some kind of willingness on the part of the locals. It was Rothschild’s experience that everyman has their price and he had the funds to do it.

Any way I am expecting an invitation from you to a thread where we can continue our exchange

If you want to continue on, be my guest. I made my points. I’m working on a post I hope to get off soon in the Skepticism forum that was born from that thread.

• Like 1

This is true that Hezbollah won the political battle only because Israel's mission was not the destruction of Hezbollah and they weren't prepared for the number of civilian casualties that would have occurred. Israel was able to accomplish everything they set out to do. It was primarily to gather intel. You know that was successful because a few months later, Syria's nuclear reactor went missing. Israel was able to isolate the entire country, knocking out roads, rail, runways, communications, command and control with very little loss of life. This kept civilians from clogging escape routes and out of harm. Kept the Lebanese military out of the way and kept Hezbollah isolated and sequestered. I don't think Israel realized how entrenched Hezbollah was in with the civilian population. Now that they know the extent, they are prepared to go after Hezbollah. This time you will probably see all roads but one blown up as an escape route for civilians to flee. The IDF will give civilians every chance to get out of the way. Whatever confidence that Hezbollah may have had in repelling Israel will be soon forgotten. Field commanders probably had their forces poised for the coup de grâce but the intel was showing too many civilians in the kill zone and the decision was made to pull back. The IDF had delivered a devastating blow. Killing more civilians would not prove anything. But now the warning has been ignored so Israel will be free to finish the job.

But basing the "Arab Spring" on a false tactical (at best) victory in 2006 is so much pure unadulterated BULL! What does Yemen or even Tunisia care for the Palestinian? What do the Egyptian people fear from Israel? If Israel attacks Egypt, it will be the military it attacks. Israel is not equipped to conquer nations. Israel will go after threats and that's it. If Israel was intent on conquering her neighbors, she probably would have done it already. But that's the deal, Israel is not her neighbors.

What concerns Israel right now is Hezbollah, Syria, and Iran. They probably have several plans in place covering various scenarios. Between the IAFs Eitams and NATO/US AWACS which are up constantly with DPS support, Israel should have enough advanced warning to initiate any of their plans. Taking out the S-300s was probably a prelude to action against Hezbollah. Israel probably wanted to take them out before the Olympics.

Well, that would depend on the belligerents; otherwise that is just so much Bullcrap. What's this "Bonds of Establishment"? I'll tell you what it is. It is what allows you to sleep in your bed safe and secure at night. And I guess you are blind to a "Bonds of Establishment" in the Muslim world that would destroy Israel. You're ok with that one getting stronger. You just don't realize the clash of cultures that go on constantly and that that endangers the Bonds of Establishment that keeps you safe. What you don't realize is that the outcome of the Lebanon War in 2006 was insignificant in the strategic standing. We just have to realize that you are only reaching with your hatred of Israel and of this country. The consequences of the Arab Spring are mixed at best. The pangs of freedom are surely stirring but suppressed within the Ummah. The Islamic world is still disjointed.

Your lonely Zionist fantasy of some Clash of Civilizations is so much "bullcrap."

You're making a lot of claims about what the IDF will do, and I don't see any material to reference most if not usually all of the bizarre Nostradamusesque statements you constantly make as if you somehow know better than anyone how a bureaucracy is going to act. You've been trying to start another goddamned world war online for years dude. Your narrative is absolutely rejected by me. Always was, still is, probably always will be unless you stop supporting the violation of human rights.

People in the Middle East don't have anything to do with how safe I sleep at night. People in my own country do. What I don't want are nations getting technology where they can shoot missiles off half-way around the world and nuke people with, especially belligerent terrorist states like Israel. Alliances and all the stupid petty politics between States that drive you notwithstanding. Alliances crumble; but principle endures.

Your lonely Zionist fantasy of some Clash of Civilizations is so much "bullcrap."

Desperate are we? It’s hardly lonely or fantasy. If it’s not a clash of civilizations then what do you call it?

You're making a lot of claims about what the IDF will do, and I don't see any material to reference most if not usually all of the bizarre Nostradamusesque statements you constantly make as if you somehow know better than anyone how a bureaucracy is going to act.

I know it’s your belief that Israel is monstrous murderers. But this is why I have an idea of what they will do and you don’t. It only makes sense that they want to keep civilians out of the way. Last time, they isolated them and that didn’t work so the next time they will try to herd them to safety. Why would Israel attack the Egyptian people? Again this is something you know nothing about. Israel will target the military if it needs to do that. And how do I know that Israel is concerned with Hezbollah, Syria, and Iran? Oh gee, I don’t know. That’s just a wild guess. Your better militaries will always have contingency plans available against neighbors, allies and enemies alike. It’s not that I know better than anyone else, it’s that you are clueless. Will things pan out exactly as I claim, probably not, they rarely do but at least I have an idea of what is going on.

You've been trying to start another goddamned world war online for years dude.

Hey dudette, no I have not. Acknowledging trends leading to the next world war is not quite starting them. Knowing human nature should prepare us for the next conflict instead of burying our heads in the sand. The next war is coming and you can’t stop it. Not this one, the lines are drawn, they have been drawn for 1400 years. The question has always been, who will cross it this time?

Your narrative is absolutely rejected by me. Always was, still is, probably always will be unless you stop supporting the violation of human rights.

I don’t support the violation of human rights. That you make the claim shows how out of touch you are. But when I can anticipate you rejecting something I say, then I know I’m right.

People in the Middle East don't have anything to do with how safe I sleep at night. People in my own country do.

You are wrong on One and right on Two. Danger is everywhere and you can’t be naïve to it. That doesn’t mean that it should paralyze you either. But ignoring it doesn’t make it go away. The barbarian is always at the gate. The greater the nation, the greater the barbarian.

What I don't want are nations getting technology where they can shoot missiles off half-way around the world and nuke people with, especially belligerent terrorist states like Israel.

This is just another example of your irrational Israel bashing. I’d suggest that you stop worrying about Israel and start worrying about the real terrorism. Israel has the technology and it hasn’t used it to wipe anyone off the face of the map.

Alliances and all the stupid petty politics between States that drive you notwithstanding. Alliances crumble; but principle endures.

Yes, alliances crumble, that’s why we play the game (of politics and diplomacy) to protect ourselves. That is one of our main principles. This nation learned early in its existence of the importance of those petty political games. It is an enduring truth.

• Like 1

That isn't intent. That is candid correspondence between a backer and his purchaser. Who BTW, is not Israeli nor involved in the government. Someone like Rothschild is above nationality. And even if that came to fruition, that wasn't conquering its neighbors. Rothschild was willing to buy people off and resettle them someplace else. That is indicating some kind of willingness on the part of the locals. It was Rothschild's experience that everyman has their price and he had the funds to do it.

If you want to continue on, be my guest. I made my points. I'm working on a post I hope to get off soon in the Skepticism forum that was born from that thread.

Let me tell you who is Baron.He was a strong supporter of Zionism his generous donations lent significant support to the movement during its early years, which helped lead to the establishment of the State of Israel.

And I would like to start from where we left of.

Contents

Some input from a Lebanese national. If Israel attacks Lebanon again, be sure to:

1. Look for more statements like these until then, to kind of build the "WMD" argument in the public eye and on the world scene to justify aggression.
  2. Look for the supposed Lebanese "aggression" which will lead to this "rightful defensive retaliation" which will lead to hundreds of dead and millions in destruction. Make sure to measure the weight of both "actions" and to look for proportionality.
  3. Look for the Israeli army "warning people to get out of their homes" then bombing the **** out of the town just while people are heading out, as was done back in the '80s.
  4. Look for the number of iterations of the world "terrorist", which will be a rough marker of the number of civilians they will butcher under the guise of "weapons were hidden under their bed", as was the case in the '80s, both during bombings and "terrorist cleansing runs" performed by militias equipped, supported and guided by Israel.
  5. Look for the Western countries trying to look away long enough to allow Israel to maybe finally get Hassan Nasrallah, before they inevitably fail, the death toll gets too high, and the rest of the world gets p***ed off enough that some resolution must be taken for "humanitarian reasons".
  6. Look for the constant "defense" rhetoric during a clearly offensive action, as well as the constant reminder of the "persecution of the Jewish people" as a blank check for the state of Israel to act with total impunity.
  7. Look for cries of "antisemitism" from everyone who tries to tell them to cut their crap.
  8. Look for the few Israeli soldiers who will get killed and branded as perfect martyrs to try and keep the general Israeli population behind their violent, expansionist government leaders, despite the reluctance of said population to engage in such wreckless action.
  9. Look for trumpeting of the "purity of arms" by the IDF to nullify any argument that they are slaughtering civvies to get to alledged "terrorists", and how the "people who survived the Holocaust would never do that, and you're and antisemitic monster for thinking it", all while performing that exact slaughtering of civilians, or backing it for whatever reason (which will certainly include "well these folks should just not have their homes where our bombs fall", or some other phrasing to that effect). Just like in the '80s.
  10. Look for Hezbollah kicking their asses again, just like in 2006.
  11. Look for Israel regretting their endeavour, just like any foreign nation who stepped into Lebanon as "saviors", ended up trying to occupy the land under some pretense or other, and ended up driven out with their tails between their legs.
  12. Look for the Lebanese people dealing with it as best they can, surviving yet again, and rebuilding as they've done over and over, with that mix of cheerful fatalism which has always kept them going.
  13. Look for the posts of those who will defend Israel's right to do anything, say anything, and be anything they want because "muh hulucaust!".
  14. Look for actual antisemitic actions around the world increasing as a result of the decisions of a few radical zionist warmongers with power and influence who end up giving a bad name to all Jews around the world in the eyes of the less educated and/or emotional people.

Just my personal opinion on what will happen based on what has happened (and we all know how history repeats itself).

Some input from a Lebanese national. If Israel attacks Lebanon again, be sure to:

1. Look for more statements like these until then, to kind of build the "WMD" argument in the public eye and on the world scene to justify aggression.
  2. Look for the supposed Lebanese "aggression" which will lead to this "rightful defensive retaliation" which will lead to hundreds of dead and millions in destruction. Make sure to measure the weight of both "actions" and to look for proportionality.
  3. Look for the Israeli army "warning people to get out of their homes" then bombing the **** out of the town just while people are heading out, as was done back in the '80s.
  4. Look for the number of iterations of the world "terrorist", which will be a rough marker of the number of civilians they will butcher under the guise of "weapons were hidden under their bed", as was the case in the '80s, both during bombings and "terrorist cleansing runs" performed by militias equipped, supported and guided by Israel.
  5. Look for the Western countries trying to look away long enough to allow Israel to maybe finally get Hassan Nasrallah, before they inevitably fail, the death toll gets too high, and the rest of the world gets p***ed off enough that some resolution must be taken for "humanitarian reasons".
  6. Look for the constant "defense" rhetoric during a clearly offensive action, as well as the constant reminder of the "persecution of the Jewish people" as a blank check for the state of Israel to act with total impunity.
  7. Look for cries of "antisemitism" from everyone who tries to tell them to cut their crap.
  8. Look for the few Israeli soldiers who will get killed and branded as perfect martyrs to try and keep the general Israeli population behind their violent, expansionist government leaders, despite the reluctance of said population to engage in such wreckless action.
  9. Look for trumpeting of the "purity of arms" by the IDF to nullify any argument that they are slaughtering civvies to get to alledged "terrorists", and how the "people who survived the Holocaust would never do that, and you're and antisemitic monster for thinking it", all while performing that exact slaughtering of civilians, or backing it for whatever reason (which will certainly include "well these folks should just not have their homes where our bombs fall", or some other phrasing to that effect). Just like in the '80s.
  10. Look for Hezbollah kicking their asses again, just like in 2006.
  11. Look for Israel regretting their endeavour, just like any foreign nation who stepped into Lebanon as "saviors", ended up trying to occupy the land under some pretense or other, and ended up driven out with their tails between their legs.
  12. Look for the Lebanese people dealing with it as best they can, surviving yet again, and rebuilding as they've done over and over, with that mix of cheerful fatalism which has always kept them going.
  13. Look for the posts of those who will defend Israel's right to do anything, say anything, and be anything they want because "muh hulucaust!".
  14. Look for actual antisemitic actions around the world increasing as a result of the decisions of a few radical zionist warmongers with power and influence who end up giving a bad name to all Jews around the world in the eyes of the less educated and/or emotional people.

Just my personal opinion on what will happen based on what has happened (and we all know how history repeats itself).

We all have them Dude :) Number 10 shows how out of touch with reality you are though. Hezbollah hurt an ill prepared IDF. It won't happen again. The coward's way of hiding among civilians will not work this time - that is what these announcements are about. If the civilians of southern Lebanon are allowed to leave yet do not then they have only themselves to blame. As it is they have traded "goodies" from Iranian cash for their right to safety and security. No one should allow others to kill indiscriminately and NOT fire back because the coward holding the gun is hiding behind a skirt.

• Like 1

ohh yes the halirious victory of 2006

israel destroyed nearly half lebanon

and hezboallah launching poop missiles on abandoned places in israel

there's a victory that will make you proud ! in the tutu reality :D

Actually, Hezbollah is a very well trained and armed force these days. Their anti tank missiles were very deadly and a LOT of Israeli tankers went home in bags. Way too many. Everyone who brags about that conflict refuses to admit that Israel lost because they restrained themselves to save civilians. That won't happen a second time - world opinion be damned. Again -that is what this warning is about. No one will be able to say we didn't expect it. Of course Israel will be criticized - maybe even sanctioned in the aftermath, but Hezbollah? They'll be GONE, baby!

Actually, Hezbollah is a very well trained and armed force these days. Their anti tank missiles were very deadly and a LOT of Israeli tankers went home in bags. Way too many. Everyone who brags about that conflict refuses to admit that Israel lost because they restrained themselves to save civilians. That won't happen a second time - world opinion be damned. Again -that is what this warning is about. No one will be able to say we didn't expect it. Of course Israel will be criticized - maybe even sanctioned in the aftermath, but Hezbollah? They'll be GONE, baby!

i don't think they will last that long

they're already battared and bruised in the fight against us

they made the most stupid move by thinking that syria is going to be like lebanon

that they will come to our country and kill us and we remain silent

mark my words we will be the end of hezboallah

and this old fart nasarallah is going to be dragged out of sewers like gaddafi

by US syrians and no one else

they made the most stupid move by thinking that syria is going to be like lebanon

and this old fart nasarallah is going to be dragged out of sewers like gaddafi!

I'd cheer the day I saw it you can be sure. Hope you're doing well, KoS

Let me tell you who is Baron.He was a strong supporter of Zionism his generous donations lent significant support to the movement during its early years, which helped lead to the establishment of the State of Israel.

Why do you assume that I don’t know this? He was still not part of the Israeli government which means that whatever he does cannot show intent on the part of the Israeli government. Historically the furthest extent of Israel went from the Euphrates to the Nile, going beyond the East bank of the Jordan. But that’s not intent either. Israel proper was closer to the current borders. The bottom line is that Israel has not shown any intent to expand beyond its external borders.

And I would like to start from where we left of.

Contents

That’s fine.

Wow!! What a list. All excuses. Listing the reasons for Israel to attack and trying to make them appear like they are Israel’s fault is very dishonest. Are you a Lebanese Christian, Lebanese Muslim, Palestinian refugee that Lebanon has refused to grant citizenship, or Hezbollah or one of their supporters?

We all have them Dude :) Number 10 shows how out of touch with reality you are though. Hezbollah hurt an ill prepared IDF. It won't happen again. The coward's way of hiding among civilians will not work this time - that is what these announcements are about. If the civilians of southern Lebanon are allowed to leave yet do not then they have only themselves to blame. As it is they have traded "goodies" from Iranian cash for their right to safety and security. No one should allow others to kill indiscriminately and NOT fire back because the coward holding the gun is hiding behind a skirt.

I find it quite arrogant, but unsurprising, that the usual retort from Israel military action supporters is always "Well leave your homes, your belongings, your life, go live in refugee camps, and then maybe you'll be spared our bombs (though that's not even certain, since we also bomb refugee camps, you know, just to make sure we don't miss any "terrorists").

Also the comment regarding the "coward way of hiding among civilians" is a half-fallacy. Many Hezbollah fighters live in these places, and have their weapons in these places to defend these places (their families, etc. Since they know what value a non-Jew life has for if not the IDF soldiers, then at least their leaders). It is like when the Israelis forced the Palestinian PLO to leave Beyrouth with their weapons for "safety", then supported, supervised and allowed the butchering of all the unarmed civilians that were left in the Palestinian camps. Where were the "weapons" and "terrorists" there? No, these places could be full of flowers and honey, Israel would find some reason to level it all, to make the populations run away, to have an excuse to create whatever "buffer area" or "friendly new state" they now have in their plans to make the region obey. The "goodies" are what protects them from the slaughter machine of hi-tech IDF (the most hypocritical acronym ever devised).

Also, you might wanna check that last sentence of yours and realize that it's not a one way thing. Just replace "skirt" with "holocaust" or "moral superiority".

Ya ahla fik ya 7elo, chou ba3dak m3assab? Israel was going to destroy half of Lebanon anyway. They never cared much about doing that before, no reason for this to change. Hezbollah managed to show them they were overconfident and arrogant, that's the most any Lebanese could hope for to get back at Israel. Not like we can have them embargoed or impose economic sanctions on them now can we.

You can stop about the "restrain themselves to save civilians". They had the same speech in the past, and enough people asked about it and witnessed it to know that that is just not the case. See from how high Beirut was bombed back in the early '80s, or really how any operation on Gaza took place in more recent times, and you'll know it's pretty much "this is the general square mile we need to level. Bombs away!". Not that you'll admit it, but hey, worth a shot eh?

Wow!! What a list. All excuses. Listing the reasons for Israel to attack and trying to make them appear like they are Israel's fault is very dishonest. Are you a Lebanese Christian, Lebanese Muslim, Palestinian refugee that Lebanon has refused to grant citizenship, or Hezbollah or one of their supporters?

This is your interpretation, that these are the "reasons" for Israel to attack. I am saying this is what we will hear and be told to swallow the pill. Obviously the undertext is that I believe 90% of it is gonna be bull****. However, I do say "look for them". Hey, who knows, these signs of getting fed the lies hook'n'line might not be there in the end! Wouldn't it be great if I was wrong and this didn't turn out to be the equivalent of the dumb bully beating up some small kid coz he doesn't get everything he wants or wants to divert attention from other things, leading to - in this case - thousands of deaths and millions in destruction? My that would be grand! I wouldn't have to reassure my European friends who want to visit Lebanon this summer that they won't end up under an Israeli bomb because they were considered "terrorists". Also I am a Lebanese. You, the Israelis, the world and many Lebanese people might love to keep this whole confessions thing alive to keep pulling a string here, a string there, and mount up communities against each other. I am a Lebanese citizen, and I want what's best for my country. I do not support Hezbollah (actually happen to hate their guts quite often) but I recognize their value and what they represent: the only succor to a bunch of people who were abandoned by all for decades and had only these guys to defend them and cater for their needs. Today I wish they'd cut back on the warmongering and stick to politics, but I also know our army can't do **** if the Zionists decide they want a rematch. So I have no reason to want their downfall to come from the hands of outsiders. The world can live without Israel dictating their demands for everything. And forget the "self-defense" rhetoric, I am immune. Start having half as many dead (in Israel, forget WWII, there's prescription) as you've created in the last 40 years, then we'll talk about "self-defense".

and this old fart nasarallah is going to be dragged out of sewers like gaddafi

Dude, that's sweet. I love how you immediately nullify whatever argument you might have by associating yourself with the sodomites who dragged Gaddafi into the streets and proceeded to butt**** him to cries of "Allah Akbar", before rounding up all the blacks and beating the **** out of'em. I'm sure the Prophets, ancestors and God would be very proud of them and of you. Allah yse3dak.

Uh, Dude, if Israel is generally intent on causing destruction without provocation then why have they not attacked between 1982 and 2006? You can get back to me on that. There will be no "next Lebanon war" unless the Hezbollah decide they want to poke Israel - or more likely - are TOLD by their masters in Tehran that they MUST poke Israel. Either way, the point of the thread was to publicly state that the warning has been given. What the hezzies decide to do with it is up to them (mostly).