Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

First woman in the UK to DIE from cannabis...

seeder

Difficult point to argue really, its a bit like 'my grandma lived to 90 and smoked every day' or 'I say' vs 'you say'. I am sure you have acquaintances who match your statement but inhaling smoke into your lungs is not good for you, I remember as a youngster people telling me weed opened up your lungs and made it easier for you to breathe, I can tell you now 20 years later this is not the case for me. Also to add many people mix the weed with tobacco or in tobacco leaves for taste/dilution and there is no arguing the ill effects of smoking tobacco.

Have you been smoking straight?

Tobacco is certainly the more damaging substance but yes any type of smoke is not good for you that's true.

Sorry OS but the point about paranoia is baloney. ;)

Granted being stoned in a place full of sober people can greatly enhance the paranoia but not cause it. Paranoia is a side effect of smoking weed, not everyone suffers to the same degree but weed is the cause, some even suffer continually when not under the influence.

In my case I've found that to be a big influence. I used to get paranoid but that was usually heightened fear due to the stigma from the drug. In other friends that has also been the case. Another friend of mine, however, has found the opposite.

I can't agree with this, and again its through experience. Short term memory will improve with discontinued use but not back to normal.

Then again I might be ignoring the general effects of ageing on short term memory.

I often get people telling me how good my memory is. Although I probably don't smoke that much to cause much of an affliction.

I wouldn't always say 'good' (as mentioned above) but it does give you a false sense of contentment, and if somebody is content the drive to change or improve is removed and IMO killing your motivation.

I do feel there is also a way to maintain a balance and retain motivation.

I would say the increase is substantial. But with something like marijuana it can be more about your source. What I see nowadays is a lot more potent than what was available as a teenager, this could be down to a better source but it is far more likely that what is available now is a lot stronger than what was available in the 'rose tinted' days of the 60's, 70's and 80's.

The last figures I saw were about a 70% increase.

Spot on ;) I just think that weed is more habit forming than people will readily admit too.

Definitely. Although some hippie friends of mine who smoke a lot have tried to see if they could stop. For them it was a means of just getting past that habitual desire. I guess it's all just in cutting out the habit. I'd say the more you practise that the more you'll gain self control over it.

I am all for the practical applications and the medical benefits that have/will arise from controlled research and use of marijuana, but there is little mention of that in this thread.

What gets me (and is also the reason for my agreement with Steve and my rambling post) is the blind 'weed is cool', 'its just a spliff', 'its not addictive' mentality that arises like a knee jerk reaction with the mention of weed. This is simply not the case. As an impressionable teenager I got suckered into all that crap and here I am many years later still wasting my money, putting of until tomorrow what can be done today and wheezing after a 90 minutes of football.

I am interested to know if you smoke yourself or used to smoke regularly?

I am pretty confident that people who used to smoke heavily and have now quit would share a similar viewpoint to myself, having been there and back.

I don't think smoking is cool. Everything has the capability to be addictive and marijuana does not have any addictive properties but I guess people could be addicted to the feeling.

Yes I smoke every so often. I never mix tobacco, I hate the stuff. I find it more of a spiritual thing than anything. The different perspective I've had to observe myself has been invaluable. It's allowed me to learn to relax as well as some of my friends to sleep. It's really turned me off alcohol I've found as well.

Agreeably it is a struggle to stop it turning into a habit but I see that as just strengthening my resolve. I am reaching a point right now where I feel I've obtained what I can from smoking on my own. I see this substance more of a tool than anything else. I smoke the smallest amounts of all the people I know who actively smoke.

I work six days a week and have a couple projects I'm working on the side. It hasn't killed my aspirations or dreams but merely built upon them through the aforementioned different perspective.

Right now I'm looking to cut down substantially. It's sometimes hard during a stressful week and general time in my life. But the whole reliance aspect is something not to fall to.

Overall, I don't know what I'd be like if I never smoked. To this date I've found it simpu invaluable. It's something to be respected. Much like the shamans respect it.

I don't want to see that,, but it's coming , and for the exact excuse reason you state. Not that i'm against Purity... but as soon as it's regulated, production will be limited to Government Approved growers... which means BIG business , probably Drug Companies !. ..and hilarious commercials on tv.

Well as of a few days ago, Hemp is now federally legal to grow in the US. 10 states are smart and have legislation to grow it. A few already started, walking the legal tightrope last year. 40 states are still too stupid to figure it out but they'll catch on eventually after all the social indoctrination and political BS is washed away by science. When you've got alcohol companies competing for recreation, drug companies competing for medicine, synthetics and lumber companies, and all the rest of it, yeah there's going to be a lot of sold politicians fighting the trend for a long time. And they'll be losers, every one, before the end.

• Like 2

All of the negative reactions to pot that I can tell are just people who simply can't handle their s***. If you're anxious by nature, and you don't know what you're smoking, yes, you might smoke something that makes you even more anxious. You're at a party full of strangers or people you're trying to impress, you're already stressed out and uncomfortable, and now you just smoked some pot and you're high as a kite and even more socially uncomfortable than you were a moment earlier when you were still thinking straight!

Making sweeping conclusions about a substance from that amount of anecdotal evidence is a classic mistake that helps the collective mythology about marijuana along.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you been smoking straight?

Tobacco is certainly the more damaging substance but yes any type of smoke is not good for you that's true.

In my case I've found that to be a big influence. I used to get paranoid but that was usually heightened fear due to the stigma from the drug. In other friends that has also been the case. Another friend of mine, however, has found the opposite.

I often get people telling me how good my memory is. Although I probably don't smoke that much to cause much of an affliction.

I do feel there is also a way to maintain a balance and retain motivation.

The last figures I saw were about a 70% increase.

Definitely. Although some hippie friends of mine who smoke a lot have tried to see if they could stop. For them it was a means of just getting past that habitual desire. I guess it's all just in cutting out the habit. I'd say the more you practise that the more you'll gain self control over it.

I don't think smoking is cool. Everything has the capability to be addictive and marijuana does not have any addictive properties but I guess people could be addicted to the feeling.

Yes I smoke every so often. I never mix tobacco, I hate the stuff. I find it more of a spiritual thing than anything. The different perspective I've had to observe myself has been invaluable. It's allowed me to learn to relax as well as some of my friends to sleep. It's really turned me off alcohol I've found as well.

Agreeably it is a struggle to stop it turning into a habit but I see that as just strengthening my resolve. I am reaching a point right now where I feel I've obtained what I can from smoking on my own. I see this substance more of a tool than anything else. I smoke the smallest amounts of all the people I know who actively smoke.

I work six days a week and have a couple projects I'm working on the side. It hasn't killed my aspirations or dreams but merely built upon them through the aforementioned different perspective.

Right now I'm looking to cut down substantially. It's sometimes hard during a stressful week and general time in my life. But the whole reliance aspect is something not to fall to.

Overall, I don't know what I'd be like if I never smoked. To this date I've found it simpu invaluable. It's something to be respected. Much like the shamans respect it.

I would say that opinion is divided on that issue too. I smoked pretty much every day from about the age of 14 up until I hit 30, I worked, always did what I wanted to do...(the occasional day when I couldn't be bothered, but nothing significant). I stopped simply because I lost interest, my health is fine, I don't cough at all etc. For me the appeal was just that quiet space you found in your mind even when all around you was going at 100mph....it made me appreciate moments more because I was more aware of them. I've found that same quiet space through hobbies and other interests now.

The mental health aspect is a difficult one for me, I've ever known one person who seruously lost the plot after a few yrs of use, but he was a highly strung and difficult person before he started smoking....I think that burn-out and a break down was on the cards regardless of whether he smoked or not.

Sorry for the late response lads, I tend to put things off until tomorrow ;)

Looks like you both have me cornered, and either way we are all basing our positive or negative associations on small scale experiences we have witnessed or experienced ourselves. A bit like the person who say's that their Nan smoked 40 a day and lived to 90 in perfect health. I don't think any of us will be changing our stance any time soon.

Thanks for chiming in as a ex-smoker SkyScanner, typical though that we disagree slightly. Hope the Skyline is coming along nicely too. :tu:

My biggest gripe was the promotion of cannabis that seems so rife these days. So I thought I would ask both of you, would you recommend smoking cannabis to friends or even your children (adult children)? Personally I would not, mainly for the reasons I have outlined already. Taking that you both have a pretty strong pro-cannabis stance I was interested to know if you would.

• Like 1

The active compounds in Cannabis are fat soluble, unlike alcohol which is water soluble and eliminated quickly in urine. Supposedly it takes days or weeks for these compounds to be removed completely from your body. Given the potency of some of today's strains of marijuana and the amount she was smoking, it was not "half a joint" that likely killed her but the toxic accumulation of compounds in her body, and the last bit may have put her body over the edge. This is similar to vitamins some of which are fat soluble and some water soluble, the fat soluble ones tend to be the ones you can overdose on, you generally just pee out the others.

All this assumes the toxicology reports don't find additional factors that lead to death.

Edited by Sundew

The active molecules in Cannabis are called Cannabinoids and they're not toxic, they're naturally occurring in the human body. What is this nonsense that things our bodies produce naturally are somehow toxic to our bodies? That is some Grade A BS right there.

There's nothing occurring in Cannabis that's toxic beyond common foodstuffs in the human diet. Ingest 1500 pounds in 15 minutes for a theoretically toxic dose. Nobody's going to do that on Guinness World Records TV show. To say that one died from "cannabis poisoning" is akin to dying from carrot poisoning, lemon poisoning or papaya poisoning. I can start dragging in doctors and scientists to verify what I'm saying, that Cannabis never killed anyone, but it'll obviously be for naught. Because...

Some stupid article from a ridiculous media outlet with no scientific credibility whatsoever.... is just believed by default. Jeezus, people.

• Like 2

Allow me to offer an answer, as someone who was also stoned half my life too.

Would I promote it? NO. Would I have a prob with anyone smoking? ...only if they dont share it :lol:

My mum threatened me with hell and back when I started smoking cigs, and if I smoked, it was in the bushes, behind brick bus stops where I couldn't be seen.. mind you I was 4 at the time so could kind of understand her stance!! :lol: (Joking, I was 13 when started smoking regular, (cigs) but had tried it from about 7 tho, she gave in and from the age of 15 I could smoke my own ciggs in the house, but she refused to give me any of hers. Tried my first spliff at a school disco!! Tho it did nothing for me

What will I tell my boys? The truth if they asked me, but heres where hypocrisy comes in, as they are MY boys, Id prefer them not to do it, but ultimately as someone who never listened to my parents, I'd be powerless to stop it anyway.

In the rave years (when drugs were good fun at first).. I took every 'acid trip', microdot, every 'E' that came out, tooted coke, dropped speed, sniffed poppers, and was as high as hell for days at a time sometimes, while dancing at 12 hour plus raves every weekend I could. Then taking stuff like diazepam just to 'come down' and get some sleep. My personal standards in those days, was simple...keep away from heroin, and I did.....that stuff really fugs peoples lives up

So I have been there and got the T-Shirt. And I would try encourage my sons as much as possible NOT TO DO as I have done. While knowing in reality...they may not listen, and keep it a secret, like most kids do.

I did - once, with a GF I met at a 'normal bar'.. offer her my spliffs, and she refused as she'd never touched the stuff before. In time she asked for a quick puff, then would share a whole spliff with me, pretty soon I was rolling two at a time so as I didn't have to share mine with her :lol: and every now and again we'd have a silly row about something she was paranoid about, from time to time she'd hold/rub her throat due to rising anxiety levels making your mouth bone dry, difficulty swallowing, and generally getting freaky and worried.

That was anxiety and as was said previously in the thread, people differ, if youre prone to jealousy and worry/anxiety, weed isn't really for you. I told her that and suggested she stop, to cure the panics.. and didnt smoke when she was around, just so she didnt feel 'obliged'.

But I say again, I cant really imagine telling anyone (who never tried it before) to 'go buy some weed and try it'.

Now its interesting how cannabis was legalised by Uruguay, to cultivate, smoke it and sell it. Of course everyone knows about the smokers cafes in Amsterdam, and now some states in the US are legalising it to, in fact heres a country list worldwide and the tolerances on cannabis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis_by_country

Lastly, I think its a flipping joke how govts can dictate what plants are good or bad, while taxing the crap out of the 'legal weed' - Tobacco - which has no positive effect and is a major killer. But it does earn massive revenues, while costing the health care system a huge burden treating smoking related diseases

• Like 3

Seeder, we would get along just fine me and you.

psst. Got any rizla? :lol:

Well we are on a forum, we are quite anonymous, and I have no qualms discussing my past, no-one can know me, so lets speak easy! No point having a thread on drugs where people are 'cautious' about discussing their previous or current habits, is there?

• Like 1

Well we are on a forum, we are quite anonymous, and I have no qualms discussing my past, no-one can know me, so lets speak easy! No point having a thread on drugs where people are 'cautious' about discussing their previous or current habits, is there?

Actually before it was legal here I got a reprimand from a moderator just for disclosing use of marajuana. (but yeah I do)
  • Like 1

Actually before it was legal here I got a reprimand from a moderator just for disclosing use of marajuana. (but yeah I do)

'legal here' as in the forum? Or where you live?

I got a reprimand from a moderator just for disclosing use of marajuana.

I think if anyone discusses drug use in a promotional/beneficial manner on a forum then yes, thats wrong. remember some folk here think aliens make crop circles, and some gullible or impressionable young people may read a thread on drugs and decide to go try it, so yes it needs considerate moderation.

And because some of us, like me, tell of all we did and we're still standing, that could also send a message of 'no harm to try'. But I too had a mate drop dead with the first pill he ever took, a bottle of gin didnt help the mix, but yes, dropped dead on the spot. And perhaps we all know someone who got totally mashed on drugs and are just plain skitty and shaky all the time as a result.

Truth is, Im very soon 48, and havent touched the rave type stimulants for years, far to old to shake my lolly in 12 hour raves too.

Did I really get away with my crazy days though? I have an anxiety disorder now. I drink too much, have high BP, and who can say or know if I really did 'get away with it'? I could develop parkinsons or dementia tomorrow, have an early heart attack and die... and hard drugs do have a cumalitve effect.

'maybe Ive only gotten away with it'...so far? Hence my unwillingness to ever 'promote drug use'

ETA: Think Ozzy Osborne, lived the rock n roll life. Now hes just a mumbling shuffling confused and ill man

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

'legal here' as in the forum? Or where you live?

Where I live, Washington state, USA.

ETA: Think Ozzy Osborne, lived the rock n roll life. Now hes just a mumbling shuffling confused and ill man

To be fair Ozzy has been like that since the late 70's. But Yeah, totaly agree with everything else you say, I would never recomend drinking, smoking etc. to anyone that has never tried it, in fact I would say well done, don't start now.

Hear that kids, don't do drugs.

• Like 1

I think if anyone discusses drug use in a promotional/beneficial manner on a forum then yes, thats wrong.

This is the most important sentence in this thread.

Simply put, it's not for everyone, or every society. Nobody should influence such views. It is what I see wrong with Rolci's input, He seems determined that drug use is the way to higher consciousness. I think people too lazy to study use that excuse.

I hear New Zealand is considering a softer stance, or legalizing it, I only saw a snippet on TV last night, I may have that totally wrong. If anyone knows more, it would be interesting to see what is happening there. There were all sorts of Cannabis packages that looked like cigarette packages in a table, but as I said, I saw only seconds as I walked into a room.

Cannabis has been blamed for deaths in New Zealand too. A Police Spotter plane went down killing the officers who were on Cannabis Reconnaissance, and one officer shot when attending a residence with a cannabis warrant. Neither incident involved the actual use of cannabis, but the later did have a long standing grudge with police and cannabis usage. In both incidents, authorities regard cannabis as the cause for these deaths.

• Like 1

The active molecules in Cannabis are called Cannabinoids and they're not toxic, they're naturally occurring in the human body. What is this nonsense that things our bodies produce naturally are somehow toxic to our bodies? That is some Grade A BS right there.

Melatonin is naturally produced in the body too. Great stuff to help you sleep at night. Thing is, you cannot keep taking Melatonin because your body produces it. After a while, you body expects you to look after the Melatonin intake, and stops producing it. We know this because if specific studies into the use of Melatonin, as far as I know, no such study exists for Cannabis, but that does not mean it is "safe"

Just because our bodies already make these things does not mean they are safe to indulge in. You are just making wild assumptions.

There's nothing occurring in Cannabis that's toxic beyond common foodstuffs in the human diet. Ingest 1500 pounds in 15 minutes for a theoretically toxic dose. Nobody's going to do that on Guinness World Records TV show. To say that one died from "cannabis poisoning" is akin to dying from carrot poisoning, lemon poisoning or papaya poisoning. I can start dragging in doctors and scientists to verify what I'm saying, that Cannabis never killed anyone, but it'll obviously be for naught. Because...

People smoke cannabis do they not? I have heard of people who eat it, but as far as I know, that is relatively uncommon.

The catalysts from smoking provide a harmful effect on your lungs. No two ways about it. The substance might not be deadly, but the methods to ingest it are.

Some stupid article from a ridiculous media outlet with no scientific credibility whatsoever.... is just believed by default. Jeezus, people.

I actually agree with you on this. I abhor such vague descriptions. Nobody died from Cannabis from what I can tell, that seems to be more opinion than anything, yet reported as fact. That's not on. As mentioned, New Zealand consider looking for cannabis a cannabis related death, that seems a grossly inaccurate description to me. Despite one's stance, the truth ought to be paramount. This nonsense is no better than the silly old promotional posters like that posted in post # 7. (Which BTW was a good contribution and well illustrated the boogeyman side of policing cannabis) Going to that ridiculous extreme will offend others, just as it offends my sensibility, and actually have the adverse effect.

We have been using this substance for 2,700 years, it can make bio degradable plastics, and could hypothetically even relieve pressure on deforestation. I can see benefits, but that is not why people want it legalised is it now.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

I think your past is not an uncommon experience. I spent about 12 years touring the East Coast here as a lead Guitarist. I have the T Shirt too. And, my first attempt was a dud also.

You old bugger, your one year older than me!! LOL. Kids sober you up real quick don't they. When you need to set an example, you find the will to walk a straight line quite easily.

• Like 2

Melatonin is naturally produced in the body too. Great stuff to help you sleep at night. Thing is, you cannot keep taking Melatonin because your body produces it. After a while, you body expects you to look after the Melatonin intake, and stops producing it. We know this because if specific studies into the use of Melatonin, as far as I know, no such study exists for Cannabis, but that does not mean it is "safe"

Just because our bodies already make these things does not mean they are safe to indulge in. You are just making wild assumptions.

People smoke cannabis do they not? I have heard of people who eat it, but as far as I know, that is relatively uncommon.

The catalysts from smoking provide a harmful effect on your lungs. No two ways about it. The substance might not be deadly, but the methods to ingest it are.

I actually agree with you on this. I abhor such vague descriptions. Nobody died from Cannabis from what I can tell, that seems to be more opinion than anything, yet reported as fact. That's not on. As mentioned, New Zealand consider looking for cannabis a cannabis related death, that seems a grossly inaccurate description to me. Despite one's stance, the truth ought to be paramount. This nonsense is no better than the silly old promotional posters like that posted in post # 7. (Which BTW was a good contribution and well illustrated the boogeyman side of policing cannabis) Going to that ridiculous extreme will offend others, just as it offends my sensibility, and actually have the adverse effect.

We have been using this substance for 2,700 years, it can make bio degradable plastics, and could hypothetically even relieve pressure on deforestation. I can see benefits, but that is not why people want it legalised is it now.

I'm not making assumptions I'm looking at the research. As for "science" please do homework and you'll be surprised at what you find.

Smoking anything releases carbon monoxide. Nobody should breathe in CO. Nothing to do with how to legislate anything when tobacco is legal and killing people.

30 years of US govt research and their findings are that there is a decreased risk of lung cancer from long-term chronic marijuana smoking. Smoking is the least medicinal way of ingesting this plant; nevertheless, if it can't even cause lung cancer from smoking it, the propaganda about how bad it is pretty much falls flat on its face.

I think if anyone discusses drug use in a promotional/beneficial manner on a forum then yes, thats wrong.

And if they discuss it in a condescending/harmful manner that's okay? How about simply discussing it honestly?

If someone is sick and they're getting good results from their prescription drug, they're not allowed to discuss that?

Someone says they're having a beer to someone else on the forum. What's the biggie? How do we know they're of age to drink? How do we know they didn't get their alcohol illegally? How do we know they got their prescription drugs legally? We just make assumptions.

What is so wrong about ending peoples' pain and suffering? Seriously!? All I can say is, please let us discuss controversial issues because that's what makes websites like these so important!

• Like 3

My personal standards in those days, was simple...keep away from heroin, and I did.....that stuff really fugs peoples lives up

That was the Golden rule my friend ;)

Sounds like you got out before crack became readily available as that was the Bronze rule.

I think if anyone discusses drug use in a promotional/beneficial manner on a forum then yes, thats wrong. remember some folk here think aliens make crop circles, and some gullible or impressionable young people may read a thread on drugs and decide to go try it, so yes it needs considerate moderation.

This is the point I was trying to make. I smoke myself but it I am not in a knowledgeable enough position to positively promote its use (despite claiming it I doubt any of us are). Its all very well to say it doesn't do this and doesn't do that, I can point to scientific research, my mate is fine, its a conspiracy to make weed look bad etc but as I said I am sure most of us would not like our kids to smoke weed and that says a lot to me (well if its true that is :blush: ).

I remember stories about doctors in the Victorian era encouraging pregnant women to smoke as this lead to smaller babies and easier births. I feel promoting the smoking of cannabis (because that's what we do, smoke it) reminds me of these naive doctors of yesteryear and their 'scientific' advice.

It will be interesting to know what our views on cannabis are 150 years from now positive or negative.

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 2

My biggest gripe was the promotion of cannabis that seems so rife these days. So I thought I would ask both of you, would you recommend smoking cannabis to friends or even your children (adult children)? Personally I would not, mainly for the reasons I have outlined already. Taking that you both have a pretty strong pro-cannabis stance I was interested to know if you would.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Although I'd recommend them to put their often misinformed stigma behind and further recommend to see it in a different light. It can be a powerful substance for ones well being if used with the right intentions.

I used to see smoking as something bad. Now I see all the stuff that told me it was as utter misinformative tripe.

If it was my child or someone close to me smoking. I'd just want to make sure they were doing it responsibly.

• Like 1

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Although I'd recommend them to put their often misinformed stigma behind and further recommend to see it in a different light. It can be a powerful substance for ones well being if used with the right intentions.

I see your point about misinformed stigma but its the bold part that matters to me. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone either (recreational use that is) or promote it.

I used to see smoking as something bad. Now I see all the stuff that told me it was as utter misinformative tripe.

I used to see smoking as something good. Now I see all the stuff that told me it was as utter misinformative tripe.

Looks like we are at different ends of the stick here, but at least its the same stick and it smokes well. ;)

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 4

I remember stories about doctors in the Victorian era encouraging pregnant women to smoke as this lead to smaller babies and easier births. I feel promoting the smoking of cannabis (because that's what we do, smoke it) reminds me of these naive doctors of yesteryear and their 'scientific' advice.

yes indeed I was out before the crack, but was still around others who tried it. Talking of the Victorians, they used to have drug parties, with morphine/heroin etc

check this

" Morphine was first isolated from opium in the early 19th century, and its potency meant it was hailed as a wonder-drug to cure all kinds of ailments and pain relief. After the invention of the syringe in the mid-1800s it would also become a pastime. The British Medical Journal reported in 1902 that ladies’ morphine tea parties (which originated in Paris) were commonplace amongst the upper classes, where the hostess would administer a shot of morphine into the arms of her guests.

http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/life/index.php?fid=111&page=3

I also read about them using cannabis and cocaine in a similar manner but no time now to find the links, I be back later!!

• Like 2

yes indeed I was out before the crack, but was still around others who tried it. Talking of the Victorians, they used to have drug parties, with morphine/heroin etc

check this

" Morphine was first isolated from opium in the early 19th century, and its potency meant it was hailed as a wonder-drug to cure all kinds of ailments and pain relief. After the invention of the syringe in the mid-1800s it would also become a pastime. The British Medical Journal reported in 1902 that ladies’ morphine tea parties (which originated in Paris) were commonplace amongst the upper classes, where the hostess would administer a shot of morphine into the arms of her guests.

http://www.allinlond...?fid=111&page=3

I also read about them using cannabis and cocaine in a similar manner but no time now to find the links, I be back later!!

Interesting Seeder, thanks.

Looks like we partied on the tame side of life.

• Like 2

And guess whats in the news again?

Smoking cannabis CAN kill you: German researchers identify two men who died purely as a result of using the drug

It was known cannabis could kill when used alongside other drugs

But, scientists didn't know if cannabis use alone could be fatal

They carried out post mortem examinations on people who died after using it

They found two people whose deaths couldn't be attributed to anything else

Both died shortly after using the drug when their hearts started beating either too fast or too slowly - neither had a history of heart problems

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2568326/Smoking-cannabis-CAN-kill-German-researchers-identify-two-men-died-purely-result-using-drug.html#ixzz2uYJ3CVmv

And the article finishes with

David Raynes from the UK National Drug Prevention Alliance told New Scientist: ‘These deaths are rare and will remain rare. The real risks are from long-term effects on the young brain.’

His comment is based on the fact that previous studies have shown a link between smoking cannabis and schizophrenia and depression.

• Like 2