Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Zak from Ghost Adventures buys "Demon" house

Brian Topp

Only 96 hours after the media broke a story about a mother in Gary, Indiana, who had told public officials she and her family were possessed by demons, the home in which they had all lived at one time was bought for $35,000. It was purchased by Zak Bagans, who is best known for being the host, but is also the executive producer of the spooky show Ghost Adventures on the Travel Channel. He made an offer to buy the home on Wednesday. It is located on Carolina Street in the city of Gary.

Read more: http://guardianlv.co...dventures-star/

• Like 2

Interesting. 800 pages of reports, and even veteran law enforcement are scared. However, the psychologists sing a different tune. I want

to see what happens further down the road.

• Like 3

Yeah, 35K is pretty inexpensive for a house. If nothing else, I think this indicates that Zak is making quite a bit of money from his TV show- not everyone can afford to buy a house just because it's interesting to check out.

• Like 1

Perhaps he'll need the help of Bishop James Long? ;)

Yeah, 35K is pretty inexpensive for a house. If nothing else, I think this indicates that Zak is making quite a bit of money from his TV show- not everyone can afford to buy a house just because it's interesting to check out.

Apparently, Mr Bagans is going to move there. So, basically that's his new home.

Obviously it helps to have the financial slack that the job of host and executive producer of a succesful show can provide, but that's also a great opportunity to document the alleged paranormal activity in real-time, as an investigator, immersed in the environment.

''Zak says he's going to live there and document his experience -- "If it's true this home is a portal to hell, then I want to go there and see what happens."

Edited by sam_comm

Lol sam, bet yer right about the Bishop!

I feel bad for the current tenants of the house- first they are getting bugged because of the story, then the house is sold. They are probably gonna get kicked out so Zak can have fun.

• Like 1

Well, if he does finally make serious contact with something perhaps he'll be inspired to retire....

Snort, no... he would be inspired to scream and run!

• Like 2

Lol sam, bet yer right about the Bishop!

I feel bad for the current tenants of the house- first they are getting bugged because of the story, then the house is sold. They are probably gonna get kicked out so Zak can have fun.

According to what I've read, ALL activity stopped at the house as soon as the family moved out. The former owner (landlord) reported that subsequent tenants reported nothing unusual.

So, why buy the house if not to cash in on the silly hysteria that is whirling around due to these news articles and the fake photograph?

• Like 5

While I do believe (in fact got a bit entangled with them a few times) in ghost this story stinks!!

Why?

Because you don't tell ghost encountering story with your voice even, with an emotion state as thundering as someone taking the subway for his daily commute.....

Which is really what I saw when watching those people commenting the "biggest scare" of their life....

Please con artists, next time get better actors!

Schizo

The problem is that we the audience will never know the "truth" because he will want to recoup the $35K and make a lot out of book and tv and other deals. So it would not be in his financial or career interest to sit at home and report "Today.... nothing happened, well actually a stray cat knocked over a trash can lid but apart from that, another unsuccessful and boring day!"

It just makes no sense for a TV personality that makes his money and career and fame on ghost stories is going to not try and spin some sort of drama out of it and instead of a true investigation, we end up with a scripted docu-soap where he is adding his own "stories" to real and genuine locations.

The best thing that can happen to the paranormal research is TV giving the topic worldwide attention.

The worst thing that can happen to the paranormal research is TV enjoying and therefore wanting more of the worldwide attention.

That is when reality starts to incorporate a little fantasy!

Its a double-edged sword!

• Like 2

According to what I've read, ALL activity stopped at the house as soon as the family moved out. The former owner (landlord) reported that subsequent tenants reported nothing unusual.

So, why buy the house if not to cash in on the silly hysteria that is whirling around due to these news articles and the fake photograph?

Former resident "Oops i slipped and put a hole in the wall" Former resident's spouse "Well, we can just tell every one the demon did it"

• Like 3

Snip...

Edited by pallidin

When you find out the hauntings were caused by a cross dressing Pilipino hooker your resale value will be the real nightmare.

• Like 1

Interesting. 800 pages of reports, and even veteran law enforcement are scared. However, the psychologists sing a different tune. I want

to see what happens further down the road.

Says the internet and Zak......

• Like 7

Hopefully the demons burn those stupid trousers he cuts about in, with him in them.

Edited by mesuma
  • Like 2

Well; that's gonna open up some can of worms and give em' bad ju ju. Keep a preacher on your phone's speed dial dude... not saying I am sure I believe, but this is one of the weirdest things I've heard in a while involving this type of stuff.

• Like 1

Well; that's gonna open up some can of worms and give em' bad ju ju. Keep a preacher on your phone's speed dial dude... not saying I am sure I believe, but this is one of the weirdest things I've heard in a while involving this type of stuff.

Yeah, and with all the authentication going-on regarding this event, I agree.

This is one of my favorite pieces of news in goodness knows. Thank you, Zak Bagans, for being wildly entertaining in all aspects of life.

"A fool and his money are soon parted." - George Buchanan

"There's a sucker born every minute." P.T. Barnum

I could go on...

Edited by Daddy Wags

Hell I give zak credit.. I think it shows his passion about the subject.. Of maybe all the publicity that will surround his new house if it becomes a movie.. either way.. good buy..

• Like 2

Zac is seriously into all of this. He and I actually collect the same kind of items btw.

If it's an auction, I always lose because, well he has lots more money than I do.

That aside, I hope he does find something.

I do find one thing odd though.

If the devil really wanted a portal to hell in the USA, would he really put it in.... Indiana?

If the devil really wanted a portal to hell in the USA, would he really put it in.... Indiana?

:)

I would think Vegas...Seems more fitting. Although I love going there.

Zac is seriously into all of this. He and I actually collect the same kind of items btw.

If it's an auction, I always lose because, well he has lots more money than I do.

That aside, I hope he does find something.

I do find one thing odd though.

Well, Indiana is called the Crossroads of America :tu: