Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Zak from Ghost Adventures buys "Demon" house

Brian Topp

"A fool and his money are soon parted." - George Buchanan

"There's a sucker born every minute." P.T. Barnum

I could go on...

Quite the contrary my friend, he basically bought himself thousands if not millions in marketing for $35k.

Just like Eazy E did back in the day when he attended a lunch with Bush Sr. when he was in office...

"Basically, what I did was paid $1,500 for $1,000,000 worth of press"

-Eazy E

Edited by g00dfella

Wait i'm confused, why did he buy the house? To live in? or just for kicks? :hmm:

I think it's still unclear. He seems to have actually bought the house. What his long term plans are for the house are unclear. In the shorter term he will likely at least occupy the house for a while to, um.. seriously investigate the house.

He's probably barely closed on the paperwork. From some of the news reports there are currently tenants in the house. Who by the way insist nothing is going on and are really rather put out by all of this. Considering how laws are about getting tenants out after a purchase... Could take him 6-18 months going the regular slow track- or pay them a nice sum to find somewhere else to live much more quickly.

Here's his crux- he needs to work super fast to get on this media wise while the story is still hot- but has to contend with tenants that could delay him for months depending on what he does next.

Wait i'm confused, why did he buy the house? To live in? or just for kicks? :hmm:

Apparantly Zack Bagans was greatly interested by the claims of demonic haunting and decided to make an offer to buy the house to the owner.

According to TMZ:

Zak tells us, he caught wind of the horrifying tale and made an offer to purchase the home for $35,000 -- the owner was all too willing to sell.

Zak says he's going to live there and document his experience -- "If it's true this home is a portal to hell, then I want to go there and see what happens."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2...l/#ixzz2sZvKH7g

It certainly help to have the financial slack to buy a house like that, but apparently he is indeed going to move there. For how long and wheter or not it will be his only abode is unknown to me.

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1

There is no "portal to Hell", at least certainly not in the basement of that house.

That statement by the police captain was an "emotional statement" based on what he and his fellow officers supposedly "encountered", or "felt".

Obviously, they did not see an actual "portal to Hell"; it was just an emotional statement.

• Like 2

I wonder what would happen if nothing happens. Then what? He's stuck with the house!

I wonder what would happen if nothing happens. Then what? He's stuck with the house!

If nothing is encounterd, his reputaton will suffer to some degree, but not by much...

As it's already been reported that the following tenants did not experence any unusual activity. That's important.

Thus, nothing may happen at all when he is able to live there.

It's a small, older house, but at 35k, I'm sure there will be another potential buyer.

• Like 1

In my opinion Zak was looking forward to buying a property, he had struck a awesome deal with the property. At 35k it is preety cheap, a lot cheaper than those houses in detroit. Nowadays buying a house is a big deal. My friend who is an **snip** says, anytime is good time to buy a house.

Edited by aquatus1
Advertising

Probably nothing. It can be resold and he may even get more than he paid for. The previous owner was eager to sell it thus the unusual low price for a house.

I do not think it will affect his reputation by any mean if nothing is going on in the house. He'll move there to document potential activity, if any, and it seems to me like great opportunity to be immersed in the environment nights and days, much more than a investigation in someone else's house can allow. I am sure that many an investigator would want such an opportunity, and Zak Bagans's salary allows for this kind of expenses.

Edited by sam_comm

It seems a demon has already taken notice, the link in the original post flags up as a Malware site and Google Chrome will not connect to it!!

_EDIT_

I believe it is just Chrome being broken

Edited by bulveye

It seems a demon has already taken notice, the link in the original post flags up as a Malware site and Google Chrome will not connect to it!!

Not for me, using IE11 and Firefox. Opens just fine. Also opens fine with Safari on the iPad.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1

"their audio recorders messed up and cameras took weird photographs." -quote from the link in 1st post

Excellent, so at least there are photographs and recordings to investigate... Now if someone can point me in the direction of the alleged photos and recordings?

_EDIT_

I also just read this:-

" In 2012, Latoya said her nine-year-old son walked backwards up a wall and ceiling in front of a handful of witnesses, including a social worker and nurse who have since backed the story. "

Read more at http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/ghost-adventures-star-zak-bagans-buys-indiana-home-reportedly-haunted-by-demons--15863.php

Well I don't believe that, I doubt a professional Nurse and Social Worker would say in public that they saw a child walk backwards up a wall. What are these peoples names? If they were willing to put their reputations and jobs on the line to back up the story then they may be telling the truth but I doubt they exist.

Edited by bulveye
  • Like 1

Im looking forward to the episode he does documenting it.

funny enough i actually want to move to indiana. i'd love to live in it.

but really, tv ghost shows are entertainment, and that i'm aware of he never said he wasn't making money off it. i assume that if you're on a tv show you're being paid to be there. it's great that he can afford to out right buy a house, regardless of what he wants to do with it. it's like how people got all p***y about grant going to school. if you know how to manage your finances, it's not that hard to buy a house.

Okay guys lets take a step back and think here:

In my Opinion it just shows that Zak is a true believer and is very passionate about what he does. So passionate that he is willing to buy a home and live in it that supposedly has Demonic Activity in it. Sure he is probably making some good deals being the executive producer of Ghost Adventures but if he is willing to buy and live in a Demonically Possessed home to me that gives a lot of Validity to the actual show. I mean look at the picture its not the nicest home in the world. But i am sure he will do a little renovating to make it look decent and in the paranormal community if you renovate a property it almost always p***es off whatever is residing in that location. Also like some of you have said it will allow him to investigate in real time. Hopefully if there is anything there he can get some good evidence.

Edit: Also yes he is the executive producer of GA but hey at least he isn't buying a Mansion just because he can(cough *Justin Bieber* cough).....

Double Edit:

Austin, members of the Department of Child Services and also child psychologists were there to see a lot what the children went through, so much that there was an 800-page record kept on file of the family. Ultimately, police gave up and actually called in the Catholic Church.

No wonder Zak Bagans is buying the house if Police actually gave up,800 Page report with Child Services, and actually called in the Church.

Edited by stevemagegod

Nothing is going to happen until it's dark and he has a camera and a pipe bangs or the house settles.

Okay guys lets take a step back and think here:

In my Opinion it just shows that Zak is a true believer and is very passionate about what he does. So passionate that he is willing to buy a home and live in it that supposedly has Demonic Activity in it. Sure he is probably making some good deals being the executive producer of Ghost Adventures but if he is willing to buy and live in a Demonically Possessed home to me that gives a lot of Validity to the actual show. I mean look at the picture its not the nicest home in the world. But i am sure he will do a little renovating to make it look decent and in the paranormal community if you renovate a property it almost always p***es off whatever is residing in that location. Also like some of you have said it will allow him to investigate in real time. Hopefully if there is anything there he can get some good evidence.

Edit: Also yes he is the executive producer of GA but hey at least he isn't buying a Mansion just because he can(cough *Justin Bieber* cough).....

Double Edit:

No wonder Zak Bagans is buying the house if Police actually gave up,800 Page report with Child Services, and actually called in the Church.

A true believer or someone who has found he can make lots of money duping true believers.

Zak, if you hear voices saying, "We hate Baganses forever," head for the nearest door.

• Like 1

I don't know how Zak is going to handle this, but I have two thoughts, neither of which may be true...

1) The "so-called" evil spirits are attached to the familiy and thus may not present theirselves in that home now that those people are gone from that place. However, the curious police photo of the "unexplained ghostly image in the window", while no-one was present in the house(according to the police) raises a concern that some or all of the so-called "spirits" may still be there, for whatever reason.

2) To my understanding, but not evidence, "demons" do not like to be publicly known. Thus Zak may experience nothing truly profound, at least with respect to event recording. Privately, without recording devices, perhaps he will, but then it only becomes on his statements.

Hard to say on this case. Will be interesting to see whatever transpires over time for him and that house.

• 1 month later...

Interesting. 800 pages of reports, and even veteran law enforcement are scared. However, the psychologists sing a different tune. I want

to see what happens further down the road.

Anyone know where we can read these supposed 800 pages of reports?

THAT, would interest me greatly

• Like 1

Well, if he does finally make serious contact with something perhaps he'll be inspired to retire....

After he's squeezed every last nickel and dime out of it.

Zak won't find anything in that house. Surely nothing that we will see on tv and be like "oh yeah. Thats the real deal." He should open it up for tours/investigations...make cash off of it that way.

Edited by lisaloveslilia