Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

the myth of Atlantis in context

granpa

its just a pot.

what can i say in support of atlantis that we could discuss? i can say that the national geological institute of a european union country has gone before the international geological community and said they have found atlantis. where do we go now?

And when are you going to present this evidence for us ?

Atleast tell us what European Union country you are speaking of ?

If not why should we take you seriously ?

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy

I'm more of an expert on non-critical thinking (as a byproduct of my knowledge and application of critical thinking) than history itself.

Any knowledge I have and relate here is due to my own investigations into the possibility of the existence of Atlantis, which, at one point decades ago, I thought might have some historical validity.

I learned long ago that my considerations of historical Atlantis were simply incorrect.

Harte

i can see that you have changed. you were a different person waaaay back in 200....

And when are you going to present this evidence for us ?

Atleast tell us what European Union country you are speaking of ?

If not why should we take you seriously ?

the country is romania. the person to contact is mircea ticleanu. he is in the directory there [ie at the national geological institute of romania in bucharest]. he is a nice man. can you speak french? it is french or romanian. well actually you might try some other languages. i only tried french. but definitely not english. english is not good.

Edited by nico_k

can you identify this?

ARH_808065_707-1.jpg

Vinca pottery. Made 4 or 5 thousand years after fictional Atlantis fictionally sank due to a fictional earthquake.

Harte

Edited by Harte

Vinca pottery. Made 4 or 5 thousand years after fictional Atlantis fictionally sank due to a fictional earthquake.

Harte

thanks. did you find that through google or did you see it in a forum or did you just know?

oh and ps: what kind of timeframe do you see building the whole structure and getting greedy and going to war and being destroyed and reimerging mostly all occuring in?

Edited by nico_k

Looked into at ATS sometime back. But I performed a google image search to check my memory.

Harte

Looked into at ATS sometime back. But I performed a google image search to check my memory.

Harte

i was wondering because it is mislabled at cimec the grand repository for all romanian artifacts.

i added an edit up there...what kind of timeframe do you see building the whole structure and getting greedy and going to war and being destroyed and reimerging mostly all occuring in?

darn i hope you see this edit

Edited by nico_k

I found this, when looking for Mircea Ticleanu:

http://www.scribd.co...Atlantis-Island

It doesn't seem very convincing to me !

But what a stroke of luck that Atlantis just happens to be in Romania, where the author is from :whistle:

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 1

I found this, when looking for Mircea Ticleanu:

http://www.scribd.co...Atlantis-Island

It doesn't seem very convincing to me !

But what a stroke of luck that Atlantis just happens to be in Romania, where the author is from :whistle:

do you mean where am i from? canada. i would benefit in no way from atlantis being in romania other than thinking that was neat and i drove on it.

Edited by nico_k

I was talking about the author of the paper, like i said in my post.

Around March 2012

i am going to look. i am trying to find if ticleanu has published anything lately. i use the computer from the end of summer til it gets cold. then i forget everything in the months i'm off it. i have 4 days until its too cold and the snowbird gotta fly. cern sounds like its short for concern. i will look.

i am going to look. i am trying to find if ticleanu has published anything lately. i use the computer from the end of summer til it gets cold. then i forget everything in the months i'm off it. i have 4 days until its too cold and the snowbird gotta fly. cern sounds like its short for concern. i will look.

ok, check these

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=166664&st=1530

wow. guilty. it seems like along time ago. was i banned? am i contradicting myself. i hate to look. i am on a search for new ticleanu

I don't mind when contradicting or not, only a fool never changes his mind hé.

Glad to look further. Don't mind.

I don't mind when contradicting or not, only a fool never changes his mind hé.

Glad to look further. Don't mind.

we won't change our minds will we.

i was wondering because it is mislabled at cimec the grand repository for all romanian artifacts.

i added an edit up there...what kind of timeframe do you see building the whole structure and getting greedy and going to war and being destroyed and reimerging mostly all occuring in?

darn i hope you see this edit

You mean from the construction of the canals and temples of Atlantis until its destruction?

Given that it is fictional, I don't see the point. However, the only ancient source on the matter doesn't actually say anything about the time frame except that the encircling canals were made by Poseidon himself and that the place sank around 9500 BC.

Harte

You mean from the construction of the canals and temples of Atlantis until its destruction?

Given that it is fictional, I don't see the point. However, the only ancient source on the matter doesn't actually say anything about the time frame except that the encircling canals were made by Poseidon himself and that the place sank around 9500 BC.

Harte

well we are not experts now are we. i just wanted to know how long you thought it could conceivably take for everything to happen. purely interested in your opinion only. by the way add reemerging in there. its in the story. not very friendly are you.

Edited by nico_k

Atlantis was big I was told by Plato.

Maybe the good man lived in an outer part :-)

if a stade is a thousand natural strides then it was big and there should be things at very well defined distances from a well defined point. if it is not real it should be very easy to disprove since the romanians version is on land.

by the way, the international workshop i posted the poster of earlier is calling the same piece of ground the romanians call atlantis the "garden of eden" and that means THE garden of eden in the organizers mind.