Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dems face reality in the House - give it up

Harte

It looks like the Dems will cede the House to the Republicans this time around in an attempt to hold power somewhere:

Democrats: Cede the House to save the Senate

With Democrats’ grasp on the Senate increasingly tenuous — and the House all but beyond reach — some top party donors and strategists are moving to do something in the midterm election as painful as it is coldblooded: Admit the House can’t be won and go all in to save the Senate.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/01/democrats-2014-election-strategy-102832.html#ixzz2s4TioXJN

Odd that you don't hear a squeak from the mainstream media on the Democrat's desperate position concerning political power.

Harte

It isnt odd. This adminisration clearly owns the main stream. Even the ones who pretend their not.

Hasn't this been accepted for a while now? From what I understand the Republics were always expected to do well with the mid-term elections since they didn't have many seat up for grabs. It was only the idiocy of the government shutdown that raised question marks. The Dems likely aren't making that big of a deal since they're prospects in 2016 are looking good.

The Dems likely aren't making that big of a deal since they're prospects in 2016 are looking good.

Statements that make me scratch my head...

In Congress, the Republicans have 24 Senate seats up for re-election while the Dems only have 10 to defend.

The entire House is up for re-election (of course) but it looks reasonably safe for Republicans - at least right now.

Also, the Republicans don't have a good Presidential candidate - yet.

Harte

As Harte said the GOP has more seats up for grabs. Plus demographics are turning against the Republicans with Texas becoming a swing state in the coming years. Unless the GOP stops doubling down on the crazy they might be looking at a grim future.

• Like 2

As Harte said the GOP has more seats up for grabs. Plus demographics are turning against the Republicans with Texas becoming a swing state in the coming years. Unless the GOP stops doubling down on the crazy they might be looking at a grim future.

While that might be a fact, what is sad about the situation is that the Dems seem to be the only alternative people are willing to consider.

Yep, that's why it'd be nice if the GOP either snapped out of it or just imploded so a new party can step up and take their place.

Ya like there is a difference between the two partys. They share the same bed.

• Like 1

Yep, that's why it'd be nice if the GOP either snapped out of it or just imploded so a new party can step up and take their place.

Ron Paul with Jesse Ventura as vise president. That would actually make sence.