Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Loki Claims to Lives in my Friend

SYTRopes

Hi, everyone

I was talking with a friend that i started working with a couple of months ago. He's a down to earth person, that from what i have seen, has no reason to, and doesn't lie. We had recently got on the topic of Paranormal Activities that we have experienced.

He then told me about how he has been scared for the last 5 years because of some things that have been happening to him.

Now its not that i don't believe in this stuff, iv just always lived thinking, ill see it when i believe it, now i have never seen any of these experiences but the tone of fear in his voice when he was telling me told me that the words that came out of his mouth were real. These are some of the experiences that he has told me -

1. He was hanging out with some friends in a park, apparently he lost all recollection of his actions for a bout 30 minutes, he said he walked away from his friends and stood at the ground for 5 minutes, his friends got kind of worried that he wasnt speaking or responding, just staring at the ground, they convinced him to follow them, where he was then distracted by someone that was on the path behind him that his friends could not see, he started to walk over to the man, and said that his 3 friends could not restrain him from walking to the invisible figure. (apparently he kept talking about Archangel Michael)

2. On several occasions, he has blacked out, and started chanting in a different language, or speaking to the "Lord of Darkness"(Loki) asking him to condemn his soul. Apparently Loki has talked to him and told him that he uses his body as a host.

3. The last event that he talked about was when Loki decided to control his friend, With lack of control of his body, he started to strangle his friend, even with his friends vocals being suppressed he could hear him perfectly, as if he weren't being choked, and inside his head he had "Orobus" speaking to him, telling him that if his friend "cried" then he was human, but if he didn't then he was a demon, because Demons don't cry. after 2 minutes of him choking his friend, and his friend losing consciousness for 20 seconds, he then awoke crying asking what had happened.

4. He was hanging out with 2 friends. He lost Consciousness, asked his one friend if he wanted to see someone die, his friend replied awkwardly replied yes and asked him who. From what he was told he Counted down from 10 to 0, and the other friends dropped to the ground and stopped breathing, for about a minute, he said his friend lied there, My friend then let out a maniacal laugh to which his friend was brought back to life.

A lot of this seems kind of far fetched, especially because he has no recollection of almost any of these events, just knowledge of what his friends that have been involved have told him. I but i will be meeting with him and a couple of his friends on Monday to discuss these activities, and get further insight. Normally i would even just brush this off, but the tone in his voice, and his "lack of knowledge" about Demons and gods, even though he could tell me every name of his "Demons" and what they look like, sparks some interest in me!

He also told me about his sleep paralysis Problems, i have done alot of research on that and alot of those people claim to talk to "Demons" as well, mostly being the same ones. Is this coincidence, or are they a breed of people that have the ability to talk "supernatural" forces

I appreciate any feedback or information that anyone might have, and i hope by Monday i can Talk with his friends and get more clarification

Edited by SYTRopes

Have you asked friends?

• Like 1

I agree with Rafterman... Your friend needs to see a qualified counselor, and a qualified doctor... If what you say is true (about his actions) he is a danger to everyone around him and to himself...

I had a friend who after years of (relative) normalcy suddenly started hearing voices, and seeing demons everywhere... He started beating his wife, separating himself from everyone and talking in "voices"...

Eventually he killed himself and it was discovered that he had turned into a heavy drug user and that was the source of his "affliction".... I'm not saying your friend is on drugs - but something is definitely wrong and he definitely needs help....

• Like 4

You could see if there's any medium who's had actual experience about this kinda stuff and pay them a visit, I heard New Age Church offers help for this kind of thing, free if I remember, and you don't need to buy into their stuff and worldviews. Just what I heard. I think you should see someone like that just in case. I dont doubt these problems have a physical side nor that you can't at least temporarily alleviate them through consulting sceptic-approved sources, but it's best to be sure. Be sure to take him to sceptic-approved sources too, I'd recommend first a psychologist, not psychiatrist, and sounds like your friend could use more than one session.

Dont trust much into people online saying stuff, we dont know what's your friend like in person so even if some of us may have an eye for whether someone's really connected to reality or on some kind of delirium trip, you can't make that judgement online.

Mental illness or drug use seems far more likely than possession by demons. Maybe you all need to get together and persuade your friend to seek some professional help, especially if you believe it's a matter of life and death. The average person is not qualified nor has the skills & knowledge to do a mental health assessment or deal with possession. And has anyone talked to family members, who might be able to provide some insight?

Edited by Beany
  • Like 7

Thank you all for the feedback, I will definitely address this with my friend. I understands the seriousness of this but didnt really know where to start.

would it maybe be a good idea to bring him to a psychic or someone that is clairvoyant as well?

Thank you all for the feedback, I will definitely address this with my friend. I understands the seriousness of this but didnt really know where to start.

would it maybe be a good idea to bring him to a psychic or someone that is clairvoyant as well?

See the shrink first.

• Like 2

See the shrink first.

....and somebody conversant with Norse mythology!

• Like 7

Consult a mental health professional first. While they have varying degrees of skill & experience, at least they have some training & licensing and continuing ed requirements, which is more than a psychic or medium has. There's just no way to even assess the skills, knowledge, experience, understanding, intelligence of a psychic or medium. If you want to know when you're going to meet the dream man or woman see a psychic. For health issues, see a professional.

• Like 2

Having let something so serious go on this long, but not to have sought help? He's telling you a tall tale or his friends are telling him a tale (see below) or he doesn't want to seek professional help, or he is afraid to seek help.

You didn't mention his age, but a sudden change in behavior should definitely be checked to rule out all kinds of possible issues from brain tumor/damage to epilepsy and his cruel friends are making up what he does during a seizure! I have a relative with epilepsy and she just freezes in place when she has a seizure and is unaware afterward of what happened.

I think as someone who is trying to help, your best help would be to convince him to seek help and to be completely honest with whatever health professional he seeks, to tell all you have told us. Someone should accompany him for support and to make sure he is forthcoming about all this.

Having let something so serious go on this long, but not to have sought help? He's telling you a tall tale or his friends are telling him a tale (see below) or he doesn't want to seek professional help, or he is afraid to seek help.

You didn't mention his age, but a sudden change in behavior should definitely be checked to rule out all kinds of possible issues from brain tumor/damage to epilepsy and his cruel friends are making up what he does during a seizure! I have a relative with epilepsy and she just freezes in place when she has a seizure and is unaware afterward of what happened.

I think as someone who is trying to help, your best help would be to convince him to seek help and to be completely honest with whatever health professional he seeks, to tell all you have told us. Someone should accompany him for support and to make sure he is forthcoming about all this.

I have epilepsy and it sounds just like a seizure apart from the supernatural bits which you mentioned could be his friends making things up.After a seizure your brain is virtually rebooting,I've spoke in german (which I hadn't spoke since school 15 years before) or total gibberish,with no recollection.

• Like 1

Even if he was just channelling something of a dark nature, or trans channelling if he has no awareness of doing it, the seriousness of it is he isn't in control of his own consciousness or body. Lashing out at his friends, strangling etc is serious enough to have him locked up. If left unchecked he will likely kill someone one day. So even taking this from a metaphysical point of view, this lack of control is not normal, no it's not normal for a channeller/medium, and it is not on, he can't be allowed to continue like this.

As for the energy/entity that claims to be using him, I wouldn't give it any attention at all by taking him to mediums/psychics. He needs mental health help and proper medication to close the doors, and stabilise him, then maybe, just maybe he can work on the metaphysical aspect of it by learning to take back his own space/consciousness. You would be better off taking him to a shaman who can do a soul retrieval once he is medicated and stable.

1) "Lord of Darkness?" That isn't Loki's MO. Never has been.

2) "I was talking with a friend that I started working with a couple of months ago. He's a down to earth person, that from what i have seen, has no reason to, and doesn't lie." How do you know this? You've only known this person for a couple of months.

3) "A lot of this seems kind of far fetched"--you don't say. Really?

4 and more) "Normally i would even just brush this off" Aside from the part about attempted murder, you mean; "and his "lack of knowledge" about Demons and gods, even though he could tell me every name of his "Demons" and what they look like" Of course you know this, knowing him for such a long time, nearly two months!

This sounds like a medical condition, outlandishly portrayed as something else. If this entire incident is true, then there's got to be some real medical attention sought out before someone really gets hurt; not some hack clairvoyant or psychic or any garbage like that. Forget the "demon" thing, forget the "Loki" thing (that part is really just silly).

If it's not true, do a little more research on "Loki" and "demons" please for your next story.

• Like 1

your friend is a crazed, lunatic, killer

your friend likes you

your friend does not want to hurt you

your friend is letting you know what would happen if you upset him

• Like 1

Sounds like he was into some radical occult ****.

To be honest it just sounds like he has been watching the Avengers. I am sure if pop culture had suggested a different name he or you would have decided that was more fun to be in possession of him. It would have made less sense to be possessed by The Hulk I guess and being possessed by Robert Downing Jr raises a whole host of possibilities that don't belong on a website that children shall read.

• Like 1