Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Real 'Zombie Apocalypse'

Lilly

They sit and stare mindlessly into space, they stumble around without purpose, they don't recognize even their own children...zombies you may guess. No, I'm talking about the victims of Alzheimer's Disease.

See link here: http://www.policymic.com/articles/75849/there-s-a-new-epidemic-our-generation-has-to-battle-alzheimer-s

Granted these poor souls don't harm others, but they do put a burden upon an already dysfunctional health care system. We need more research, and I mean fast. This disease scares me far, far more than any horror movie I've ever seen.

• Like 1

Lost my grandmother last year to this disease. Horrible. Basic everyday functions are forgotten. She forgot her children and grandchildren.

She begun to become more easily startled. Once pulled out a knife on me because she forgot I was there, and I went to the bathroom for like 30 seconds.

It's an ugly thing to watch happen to someone.

• Like 1

I lost my great aunt in Germany two years ago. We called her one day and she didn't know who the hell we were! She said we had the wrong number! I was sad for the rest of the day. :'(

Edited by Speaker of Floydese