Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elephant paints picture of a elephant 0_0

spartan max2

This is just awesome, love elephants :innocent:

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 5

I feel like the elephant must of been taught this though, which actually might make this really messed up because they could of beat the elephant a lot to try and teach them this.....

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

It's hard to tell in the video, but having been to the elephant camps in Chang Mai, Thailand, I saw the elephants trunks being guided by the mahouts. The elephants held the brush in their trunks and their riders moved the trunks to actually paint the pictures. If you look closely at the video the mahout is standing behind the elephant where they can't easily be seen by the cameras. This is not to say elephants are not clever, but it certainly casts doubts on their actual artistic abilities.

• Like 1

Guiding or not, that elephant drew a better elephant than I could ever hope to personally acheive.

• Like 4

Guiding or not, that elephant drew a better elephant than I could ever hope to personally acheive.

You should see what he can do with Jumbo Crayons!

• Like 4

I've seen this video before. I have a soft spot for elephants..... Wonderful :tu:

• Like 2

I hope they are shown are lot of love by their handlers - it's beautiful if they are being appreciated - if used only for tourist dollars, not so much.

• Like 1

Might not know wat its doing. "Hmm... this pic looks familiar.."

Edited by TheGreatBeliever

This is awesome, elephant 's have. To be one of the smartest animals on the planet,I like them ,how can any body wanna hunt and kill these great beasts people are the worst thing that happened on this earth

I believe that elephants are the most intelligent land animals. They actually mourn their dead and can identify family members skeletal remains. Now they are apparently able to create art which has long been considered one of the activities that supposedly seperates man from animals.