Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The worst name-job title combination ever?

Still Waters

I guess the bad so far is a German dentist called Zahnweh (toothache)

• Like 1

I knew a surgeon named Graves once - that wasn't too encouraging...

Years ago while I was in the Army, i was in a unit that had a problem with unauthorized transportation of people (picking them up at the airport when returning from leave etc and using a government vehicle to do it - a big no-no)...

So one night I had duty which we call CQ (Charge of Quarters - basically you stay up all night and answer the phone in case of emergency)... The firm rule was that we were not allowed to pick up anyone under the rank of Captain

or Sergeant-Major....

About 10 PM I got a call "Hello this Sgt Major, I'm at the airport and need a ride to the unit"

me: "Yes Sgt Major I'm on the way"

I get there and there is a 20 something year old SGT with the last name of Major.... Boy did I get it over that one!

• Like 2

I knew a surgeon named Graves once - that wasn't too encouraging...

Years ago while I was in the Army, i was in a unit that had a problem with unauthorized transportation of people (picking them up at the airport when returning from leave etc and using a government vehicle to do it - a big no-no)...

So one night I had duty which we call CQ (Charge of Quarters - basically you stay up all night and answer the phone in case of emergency)... The firm rule was that we were not allowed to pick up anyone under the rank of Captain

or Sergeant-Major....

About 10 PM I got a call "Hello this Sgt Major, I'm at the airport and need a ride to the unit"

me: "Yes Sgt Major I'm on the way"

I get there and there is a 20 something year old SGT with the last name of Major.... Boy did I get it over that one!

With me it always happened the other way around: "This is the XXth Fighter Wing OLXH, Mayer speaking" was the normal way I answered the phone, 9 out of 10 times the newbees used to come in looking for Major Speaking after speaking with me on the phone....

• Like 2

With me it always happened the other way around: "This is the XXth Fighter Wing OLXH, Mayer speaking" was the normal way I answered the phone, 9 out of 10 times the newbees used to come in looking for Major Speaking after speaking with me on the phone....

A bit OT but while I was stationed in Japan I was assigned to a C O C (Command Operations Center) for Stratcom (Strategic Communications Command - not the spec forces guys)... So I would answer the phone:

"STRATCOM C.O.C this is Sgt McLaughlin Speaking, this line is not secure how may I help you?"

The problem was that our line was 1 digit off from the snack bars late night "walk in" fast food spot... So every Friday night the drunks would call from the barracks...

I'd answer and say my line

Drunk" "Is this the Run in Chef?"

Me: "No sir, this is the Command Operations Center"

Drunk: "I wanna order a cheese burger, some fries and astrawberry shake"

Me: "Sir this is not the Run in chef. The number you want is #######"

Drunk: "Are you sure?"

Me: "Yes sir. I'm positive I'm not the Run in Chef"

Click

Two minutes later - repeat...

Finally one night I said "Yeah buddy wadda ya want?"

He made his order.

Me: "Fine it'll be ready soon, just wait outside for your name to be called" - click

Never heard from him again... I sometimes like to think that idiot is still standing outside waiting for his name to be called...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 2

This is true!

As a young apprentice I was told to report to the General Foreman, Mr McIntyre, on the weld deck of a ship to be assigned some work. I couldn't see his hat so the following conversation ensued.

Me (to a painter who was lounging around): Where's the GF?

Painter: Geoff who?

Me: Not Geoff. The GF?

Painter: There's no Geoff here, mate that I know of.

Me: FGS... the GF, not Geoff.

Painter: Nah... I think your drunk, mate.

Just then I spot the GF, and introduce myself. He says, pleased to meet you, Rob. My name's Geoff.

• Like 1

They really should have used Richard vs Dick.

I work with a guy who goes by Dick and his last name is Kink, believe it or not!!! What can I say he's got a great sense of humor. :w00t:
  • Like 1