Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Struggling waitress given $1,075 tip

Still Waters

A waitress in dire financial straits has been left stunned after a family left her a mammoth tip, saving her from having her electricity cut off.

Khadijah Muhammad is a waitress at Cheddar's cafe-restaurant in Knoxville, Tennessee, and had recently found herself unable to pay her bills after taking time off work to rush to see her mother in Ohio, who had suffered a heart attack earlier this year.

http://metro.co.uk/2...ndness-4288761/

• Like 3

Only decent tip I ever got as a waitress was when I was told I'd get better tips if I got rid of the beard and 'tache :(

• Like 2

Wow that's some tip.

The last tip I gave someone was:

"do not lie on the sand or the cats will cover you up"

• Like 2

I think its amazing, a miracle, that they gave it to someone that needed it so badly. Nice people.

I bet she did about faint when she saw the amount of the tip.

• Like 1

I think its amazing, a miracle, that they gave it to someone that needed it so badly. Nice people.

I bet she did about faint when she saw the amount of the tip.

I think we tend to forget at times, with the bad news we read, that there are some fine, kind, decent people out there. In fact, I'd say they were in the majority. If we could afford be as kind as this family I'm sure we all would be.

(Well, most of us)

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1