Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Voynich manuscript explained

PsychoticHorticulturalist

Written in "alien" characters, illustrated with sketches, and dating back hundreds of years, the Voynich Manuscript has puzzled cryptographers, historians and bibliophiles for centuries.

And now the mystery has finally come to an end, according to a businessman from Finland named Viekko Latvala, a self described "prophet of god," who says he has decoded the book and unlocked the secrets of the world's most mysterious manuscript.

Latvala's business associate, Ari Ketola told FoxNews.com the meaning of the crazy characters he described as "sonic waves and vocal syllables.

arrow3.gifRead more...

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/12/02/prophet-god-claims-solved-mystery-voynich-manuscript

Not fair. He has a "direct line to God" that enabled him to "translate" the manuscript.

I want a direct line too. I've been following God for many years and She/He still won't give me the cell digits.

O.k. silly aside, This fellow claims that not only does he have a direct line to God, but that he understands the Voynich as a medical book and that he knows the "cures" will work. Not bad for a business man that has no formal medical training!

I'll reserve judgement, but I think it'll be very interesting to see how this plays out in the coming weeks.

Not fair. He has a "direct line to God" that enabled him to "translate" the manuscript.

I want a direct line too. I've been following God for many years and She/He still won't give me the cell digits.

Indeed, I've been interested in having a chat with Him/Her since I was a little child. Send me His/Her cell phone number when you get it...thanks!

Indeed, I've been interested in having a chat with Him/Her since I was a little child. Send me His/Her cell phone number when you get it...thanks!

The closest I got was a fake one from some follower of His/Hers. 1-777-GOO-DGOD.

It saddens me though, that many people will fall into what appears to be a publicity event. I wonder what the prophecy he mentioned is... looking him up now, I must know.

EDIT: Oddly enough this prophet is fairly silent as far as I can see, no website, no predictions, nothing mentioning him outside of the news articles.

Anyone else have a link on him or his prophecies?

Thanks much in advance.

Edited by RedSquirrel

I have a direct line to God too, right now and He told me we are all idiots.

There.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

I have a direct line to God to, right now and He told me we are all idiots.

There.

For some reason, I believe you. All hail the "Drunk Skeptic Crow"! Caw-men!

For some reason, I believe you. All hail the "Drunk Skeptic Crow"! Caw-men!

If you believe me, you are an even bigger idiot, LOL.

God only had one message for us...

"Sorry for the inconvenience "

If you believe me, you are an even bigger idiot, LOL.

So? Neener neener. haha.

I just got a txt from God, it read "wasnt me bro. Too busy making fjordson Titan. FJORDS ROCK! -G".

So lots of plants that do not exist on our planet and written in some strange language not of our planet.Well obviously some aliens forgot ta take this manuscript when they left.Sorry fellows forget the god connection that is a hoax.If we make sense of this language then we could chat to them on the earth to space radio.Obvious is it not.

lol god? when will people stop beliving in such roman pushing nonsence from 2000 years ago it was a huge political stunt that caused nothing but death and still breeds indifference, were all afraid of death but at least i dont need a fairytale to belive in

My opinion is that it is the work of an Autistic person who has made sense of things the way they see stuff.

This reminds me of the man who released 3 pigs . Numbered 1,2 and 4 . Now everyone is running around looking for pig number 3. Yes , we are all in it together .

lol god? when will people stop beliving in such roman pushing nonsence from 2000 years ago it was a huge political stunt that caused nothing but death and still breeds indifference, were all afraid of death but at least i dont need a fairytale to belive in

excuse me, but the romans cannot take credit for the idea of god. and the idea of god is older than 2,000 years

If there is a god, he's laughing his ass off right now.

Hah!!

It's only those who pretend to be in contact with "God" who are laughing their asses off right now.

They have these nice, mesmerizing theories, and the gullible suck it up like it's the oxygen they needed.

Kinda makes me want to claim a direct line from God and make up a bunch of stuff directly contradicting his "translation". If I stick to my guns maybe I'll be the one everyone believes! :lol:

My mind specializes in these kinds of things. An I literally have a direct line to god. I would love to have a look. Even though i already know these things no need to read from a manuscript. But still I thrive for information and learning something new is always fun.

When I read the title, I was truely excited and interested. Then I find out it is just some Scandenavian Kook. Sad....

Don't you know? God doesn't answer the phone, he only calls out. If you want to talk to him you need to go to Twitter, #God#.

I thought this would actually be interesting, sadly its another "Ahaw, I have a direct line to god" kinda article.

"So how could Latvala decode a manuscript that still dumbfounds the world's top cryptographers? It's simple. You just have to have a direct line to God."

In other words "candidate for the luney bin!"

If anyone wants to try their hand at deciphering a cryptogram, the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigations has asked for help on these notes found in a murder victim's pocket. FBI cryptographers and the American Cryptogram Association have not been able to crack it. So, bragging rights are in store for the person or UM group who does.

I am probably wrong but from my perspective I see a lot of car mechanic terms in it, but I'm not a gear head. Perhaps a gear head can crack it.

They have a dedicated page to submit your answer, but it strips out all formatting, so I sent my progress reports through the St. Louis field office e-mail address. I have not been able to make progress on the work any further. Good Luck!

arrow3.gifView: Ricky McCormick murder

As to god... I was thinking the concept was not attributed to anybody, government or race, yet, and that the experts think it evolved with the development of man.

It amazes me how so many topics on here end up going off topic to talk about religious or non-religious thoughts. I was under the impression that we have forums dedicated to those discussions already.

I must admit the article was interesting but the responses on here are even more so. The remarks on here reminded me of the golden telephone joke.

Everywhere this dude traveled, the world over, in each temple or sacred site, was a gold telephone and a note: "Phone calls to god." Then a stated astronomical price! One day he went to the glass temple in Arkansas, where he saw a gold telephone and the same note. The charge for the call was 25 cents. The man asked why the call was so cheep, when he had seen so many similar phones that charged huge amounts of money. The answer was, "It is a local call."

That is how Arkansans proclaim Arkansas is heaven on Earth. LOL

Edited by encouraged