Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Girl cries stones not tears

Subsonicjourno

Thoughts?

Yeah : What a BS!

girl who had crystal tears was debunked

• Like 1

She does not appear to cry tears of stone, rather there is debris in her eyes. The debris does not come from the tear duct.

It looks to me that the person is placing debris in their own eyes which is not hard to do. These particles are small and could easily be concealed by the person exhibiting this.

• Like 1

Tears are made of 3 layers. The bottom layer is a mucus layer secreted by the conjunctiva, the clear membrane over the white part of the eye. The middle layer is a saline/water like fluid, secreted by the lacrimal glands. The top layer is oily, secreted by the miebomian glands. This oily layer is to help the water layer from evaporating to quickly. A stye may develop when there is a blockage of a miebomium duct. What people refer to as tear ducts are actually what tears drain into, they're called punctums. Sometimes if a patient has severe dry eye doctors may insert punctal plugs into them so tears don't drain. Anyway, there's no way you could cry rocks.

• Like 1

Tears are made of 3 layers. The bottom layer is a mucus layer secreted by the conjunctiva, the clear membrane over the white part of the eye. The middle layer is a saline/water like fluid, secreted by the lacrimal glands. The top layer is oily, secreted by the miebomian glands. This oily layer is to help the water layer from evaporating to quickly. A stye may develop when there is a blockage of a miebomium duct. What people refer to as tear ducts are actually what tears drain into, they're called punctums. Sometimes if a patient has severe dry eye doctors may insert punctal plugs into them so tears don't drain. Anyway, there's no way you could cry rocks.

Interesting, I did not know that at all.

Must be slow news day here at UM if this made the homepage.

Well that was a poorly wrote news article...

or written... guess I shouldn't be a grammar nazi if I can't speak words good myself

Edited by Rye17
  • Like 1

I know this is barely on topic, but can stones be alive? I recall my father saying he saw some document or whatever where they said stones can live a thousand years before they die. They do come from living beings, many stones, like petrified trees and even petrified meat, I've eaten some pretty hard solid meat too.

I know this is barely on topic, but can stones be alive? I recall my father saying he saw some document or whatever where they said stones can live a thousand years before they die. They do come from living beings, many stones, like petrified trees and even petrified meat, I've eaten some pretty hard solid meat too.

I don't think so. Maybe your dad saw a TV show about bristlecone pine trees. They can live thousands of years. Trees can decay into petrified wood, but this is long after the tree is dead.

But no rock or mineral is alive.

How do I miss the unexplained-mysteries.com of year's ago... This is old news and has been ''debunked'' for a long time.

I saw this on ripley's believe it or not like 10 years ago. Had close ups of crystal like stones coming out of her eyes, wouldn't suprise me i've seen weirder stuff.

[media=]

[/media]

Fake that with tech 10yrs ago, I doubt it.

Edit; hahaha @ original story, actual rocks lol locals say she's possessed XD

Edited by TheSpoon

I saw this on ripley's believe it or not like 10 years ago. Had close ups of crystal like stones coming out of her eyes, wouldn't suprise me i've seen weirder stuff.

Fake that with tech 10yrs ago, I doubt it.

Edit; hahaha @ original story, actual rocks lol locals say she's possessed XD

Of course they could have faked it 10 years. They made Jurassic Park in 1993.

If you read the following you'll learn how this was done. Did not require any tech at all.

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/permalink/girl_cries_crystal_tears/

In a way that is a decent question to ask. Can stones be alive. The answer is no. Defining what is living is not as easy as one might think, but a basic property of living is the ability to reproduce. Stones cannot reproduce. There are some interesting replicating features in minerals such as the manner in which atoms are neatly arranged in crystals, or how there might be large replicating units in some clays. But these do not make new objects, they simply increase the size of the current object.

The process of petrifying once living objects can involve the replacement of living tissue with minerals. The same can happen to minerals themselves. One mineral can change into another and keep the shape of the original mineral. This creates what are known as pseudomorphs. They reveal the original mineral shape just as the original organic material can be revealed.

Stones do not breath or eat. They do not undergo metabolic processes. They do not replicate. These are some properties we see in living things. Minerals can increase in size. They can grow, which is something also seen in living things.