Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What will the world be like in 100 years?

Still Waters

AE_4_25_9847.jpg

very good predictions... but just don't get your hopes up, cause the chances really are actually 2160 or 2176 or even 2200

• Like 1

I actually have a wonderful outlook for what life will be like on earth then. Never hurts to be optimistic - in spite of all.

• Like 1

I would say this will depend on your financial status just like it does now.

• Like 1

When you consider the vastness of the changes in the last hundred years it does make you wonder.

Some things I think will be good and others scare me to death. Especially when I consider the changes within my own life time.

dunno. But when i think about the inventions of the last 100 years... it will probably be surprising. It depends on People and how we treat each other until then.

I have a pretty good guess...if nothing changes...it will look like this...

Constantine_Hell_zpsbe15866e.jpg

• Like 3

This is not a criticism of the OP for posting the clip, but somehow, I feel slightly dumber for watching it.

Mainstream froth and nonsense with absolutely ZERO insight into the real future whatsoever.

The truth is, our babies will be living in a technological-prison-nightmare in 100 years time unless today's gormless adults wake up to what is really happening with the world and decide to stop being servile maggots to the small circle of deeply-and-actively-evil elite rulers of this planet.

To anyone who disagrees with this assessment: Hello, I'm pleased to identify you as the enemy.

Edited by GollyBuster
  • Like 3

This is not a criticism of the OP for posting the clip, but somehow, I feel slightly dumber for watching it.

Mainstream froth and nonsense with absolutely ZERO insight into the real future whatsoever.

The truth is, our babies will be living in a technological-prison-nightmare in 100 years time unless today's gormless adults wake up to what is really happening with the world and decide to stop being servile maggots to the small circle of deeply-and-actively-evil elite rulers of this planet.

To anyone who disagrees with this assessment: Hello, I'm pleased to identify you as the enemy.

:tu:

Talking about weather, the climate will have a big effect on certain areas....one example where things will change drastically are places like Cornwall and Dorset, known for its beauty and high costs for buying a property there, if the current weather conditions are to become a yearly thing, this will not only change the landscape, eg: seafronts, no more rail tracks being built there, landslides and a stop in building property near the sea fronts, the property prices will be effected, will people still be as keen to buy to live in those areas in years to come?

As for technology, I agree with gollybuster, its actually quite scary to think what the future might be like when we are already seeing the dependancy people have on their "gadgets". We are losing natural instincts and the next generations will be born without being taught any, they will be taught to depend on technology, and by relying and depending on technology, you depend on those who control, own and run the companies who give you access to use your phones and computers.

• Like 1

Development in medical science, technology, space travel and other science based disciplines will continue resulting in huge

steps of progress, no question about that.

But the main question is, will the global terror by radical islamic groups continue for the next hundred years or not. If not, how

has it been stopped. By diplomacy, by insight of the aggressors, by comprehensive military actions against origin states/countries

or by 100% apportionment of the origin states/countries by hardest borders of the western countries plus restrictions on trade,

especially under the view of the upcoming autonomy from oil in future.

shinra shinra shinra, mako reactor, midgar,

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Gloabal terrorism may be stopped by 'Companion' mechanisms, Robots by popular demand who protect, heal and help in every aspect of their charges life maybe, Id rather have one of them than implants....

Considering the military have spent £1.1 million on ( at the moment) 1 robotic manniquin to

test the next generation of protection suits, this just about tells us what to expect....more wars and more money being spent on it and for it!

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/.../porton-man--mannequin_n_5091358.h...

We may not survive another 100 years.

Good to meet you. I'm the enemy. :innocent:

I don't think the world will be any more evil or enforced-servitude-y in the next hundred years. What was happening 100 years ago, in 1914? The big news of the day revolved around Archduke Ferdinand, Gavrilo Princip, and a very unsteady political situation in Southern Europe. Today, the big news revolves around Vladimir Putin, the Crimean Peninsula, and a very unsteady political situation in Eastern Europe.

In the popular world, there will still be sports. I see no reason baseball or soccer will cease to exist--American football, maybe, but I doubt it. There will be celebrities, activists, good people, bad people. Ordinary people will accomplish extraordinary things, and extraordinary people will fail to accomplish ordinary things. In short, the world won't be too much different than today.

With the possible exception of a lunar colony.

• Like 1

Our cell phones will be better. Cable will be the largest household expense.

Everything else will be like it was 200 years ago. People will be riding street cars and bicycles, brewing their own beer, and canning their own food. Men will be growing handlebar mustaches.

Except here in Portland because that's what people are doing right now.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have a different prediction. I believe that modern technology will be periodically knock down by large solar flares from the sun, and subsequent super geomagnetic storms that destroy all electrical devices. This mixed with periodic pandemics. We will experience oscillating periods of dark ages, growth and another dark age. Eventually technology can only withstand solar activity by being biologically based. Only things that evolved to be here can continue to exist Computers and technology will be alive.

Ice core samples show that this happens every 500 years. Technology hardened against it is simply too bulky to be as sophisticated as predictions suggest, and besides that there is simply no move to stop our reliance on continually shrinking and vulnerable electronics. in fact for economic reasons vulnerability is actually built into everything we produce and rely on. In the course of an afternoon we will be knocked back to the 19th century and the ensuing chaos will have some places back to the Stone Age. In the next 100 years we are at about a 50% chance. The last one was in 1869 and was about an x85 event. An X200 event is not impossible.

We will rebuild but I'm not sure we will learn the lesson properly and it may take another go around.

Technology is very young on the earth, a simple experiment that has not earned the right of longevity. It will be knocked on its ass soon. What we do from there will be up to our grandchildren, but not all of our bloodlines will continue. ;)