Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Catholic Survey Reveals Frustrated Flock

questionmark

'The Vatican last year sent out a survey to Catholics around the world focusing on attitudes to sex and sexuality. The responses are now in -- and they show that the Church is badly in need of reform. Can Pope Francis meet such expectations?

Adolescents find it embarrassing to talk about sex with adults. Even more so when the adult in question is their Catholic priest.

About 20 girls and boys are sitting on leather sofas in the basement of St. Josef Catholic Community Center on the outskirts of Berlin. The walls are brightly painted and bags of gummy bears and chocolate are on a table in the center of the room.

Read more

Edited by questionmark
  • Like 1

I wouldn't say that I'm frustrated because I'm not a practicing catholic, not even a confirmed catholic. Just been baptized as a baby from the church by my catholic parents which were not strict Catholics, not at all. I have never heard of this saint Josef. More so curious not frustrated.

I read briefly the posted link you provided. I don't know how old these children are . I'm guessing it's a teen youth group being that the pop culture and Hollywood are not easily avoided and are a really bad influence on the youth the youth who have been targeted plenty by music and it's messages within their performances .

As for the subject matter which you have now presented within this link concerning Gay marriage - I will share with you why marriage is a Holy union between Man,Woman and God. It's not about hate either so please don't misinterpret it that way.

Marriage is a sacred holy union because God is the God of life , not the God of the dead. A man and a man can not reproduce another life, a woman and a woman can not reproduce another life-and so it is expressed as an abomination to God - because it is against the order in which God has created life to reproduce and form.Remember God is the God of life and this is why marriage is a sacred union between man and woman .

uh reann you couldn't put that all in one post?

i'm not surprised catholics are frustrated or confused. the rules get changed whenever the mood arises (or the pressure to do so becomes too great)

• Like 1

Since when was it easy for a kid to talk to an adult about sex.

• Like 2

Since when was it easy for a kid to talk to an adult about sex.

It was easy for me to talk to my parents about it as a child. Maybe it's because they didn't feed me a ton of lies & after-school notions about life.
  • Like 1

I am not surprised, people get tired of waiting for God to show up. Did you know the name Mary in Hebrew means rebellion, bitter. The Jews had to wait forever so why should the Christians wait be any shorter?