Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Teacher's aide fired

Dumpnuts

LUBBOCK, Texas (KCBD) -- A Lubbock, Texas teaching aide has been fired after accusations that she abused a special needs student at Bean Elementary School.

The incident happened Friday after school and was witnessed by a grandparent who was picking up a student from school...

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/national/article/269628/44/Teachers-aide-fired-for-kicking-special-needs-students

Teacher's aide should be in jail...
  • Like 2

that is not the first time special need kids are abused in regular schools.

these kids should not be there in a first place. there are special places that cater to special needs, and have suff trained to deal with kids with special needs.

oh, the lady is an a...hole, fire her,

Why should 'these kids not be there in the first place'.

Some schools do indeed cater to special needs.

She should also be arrested for abuse.

• Like 2

She should also be arrested for abuse.

I'm fairly certain half of his posts are purposely ignorant comments to get people worked up...

well this one did not. and abuse of special kids happen in regular school, not only by teachers that we see in news, , but by kids mostly, they make school experience very unplesant to special kids, to say the least. and you can't do a damn thing to regular kids about that.

special kids belong in special schools.

Edited by aztek

Parents tend to want their special need children accommodated to learn in a normal environment. It doesn't always benefit the student, and it adds more work for the teacher.

• Like 3

What's wrong with wanting your child to feel normal? Do we segregate the "bullies" into their own school? They make it harder on other students and add more work for the teachers as well.

• Like 1

She should be fired, you never kick any kid.

Special needs kids should be in special needs classes only even if its at a regular school. I understand parents wanting them in a normal learning environment but sometimes that's not best for the kid. I would not want to have to teach a special needs child in with my other kids that had no problems. All the kids will suffer if a teacher has to spend too much time with one child and often these kids do have disciplinary problems that makes classroom life more difficult for everyone.

What's wrong with wanting your child to feel normal? Do we segregate the "bullies" into their own school? They make it harder on other students and add more work for the teachers as well.

They should be or kicked out of school.

bullies are not special need kids, they only bully those that allow themselves to be bullied.

Too bad UM doesn't branch out with a special needs site so we wouldn't have to listen to this BS...

Too bad UM doesn't branch out with a special needs site so we wouldn't have to listen to this BS...

That's the UFO section.

• Like 1

Well from what I remember from my school-aged days, they place the "special needs" children into different types of classes depending on their level of "disability". If it wasn't too bad, a child would be in normal classes except for one particular period. The ones that have much stronger cases of "special needs" kept in special classes the entire day. The most severe cases end up in separate schools all together. My daughter is in an IEP (Idividualized Education Program) due to her unwillingness to communicate without motivation. She's in your average public elementary school & it's been absolutely fantastic for her. By middle school she is projected to be in accelerated learning classes & doesn't have these kind of problems. You cannot objectify an entire educational system based off of the actions of a few rotten individuals. That's tantamount to profiling... but this is all just my opinion based off of my experiences with "special needs" education.

Fortunately, this woman just happened to catch the teacher in the act! Do you think this was the first time?

When kids can't speak for themselves or express their experiences and they are shut away in some room they are easy prey for abuse and pedophiles.

These instances happen too often, and those are only the ones who get caught! Talk about messing up a child's education!

It is the abusers (both students and teachers) that ruin the educational experience not everyone with special needs!

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 2

Interesting aside, I actually saw a teacher push a student with special needs into a doorframe my reaction was to get in his face and tell him to try pushing me and to send some kids to fetch the Principal. I'd have nutted him if he tried to push me, I was close to flooring him for pushing one of my students (I was the Learning Support Teacher at the time).

• Like 3

Interesting aside, I actually saw a teacher push a student with special needs into a doorframe my reaction was to get in his face and tell him to try pushing me and to send some kids to fetch the Principal. I'd have nutted him if he tried to push me, I was close to flooring him for pushing one of my students (I was the Learning Support Teacher at the time).

I imagine that some of these children would be extremely challenging. Having said that, people who CHOOSE to work with them should be of the correct temperament. I would have called the police if this child was literally on the floor being kicked by ANYONE. The idea of it makes me furious.

I think integration fails more because of class size rather then any inherent difficulty in bringing neurotypical and special needs pupils together.