Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the end goal of your spiritual path?

LostSouls7

For everyone's spiritual path.

Where do you want to end up?

Some want heaven, other's Nirvanna, some Hell, Some Zen,

some say inner peace, other's want super natural powers.

What is your end goal? For me wisdom, inner peace, and powers.

And then to fly in a state of magical bliss forever

What is your end goal?

Edited by LostSouls7
  • Like 4

I don't think a spiritual path has an end. You have to continually grow and change, otherwise, what is the point of existing?

Exploring spirituality to me means I'm learning new things about myself and the world as often as possible and not letting it jade me one way or the other.

I hope there is no end.

• Like 3

Perfection. I won't mind if I don't get there, so long as it exists.

• Like 2

To be at peace with myself and as best possible, with everyone else. To have the answers for all the questions of the universe and my existence explained in a way I can grasp - finally, to meet my Redeemer and thank him personally :)

• Like 2

Well, I don't think it 'ends'. We go on forever, giving us multiple lifetimes to work on specific areas of our soul.

But for this lifetime, I just hope to figure out who I am, find inner peace, and just be content in my ways. And.. Yeah, wisdom wouldn't be such a bad thing to work towards either :P

• Like 1

Freedom... I know it sounds terrible and my life seems perfect, but sometimes one could feel trapped even when everything's alright, like there's no escape. And I believe true freedom would be one where there's no love, no hate, no joy and no sadness. Life and its drama can feel suffocating sometimes. But that's just my way of viewing things.

• Like 3

I've never even thought about there being an end or a goal. My strategy is to shed all the stupid, silly stuff I believe that gets in the way of me seeing this planet, this life, as the greatest gift, and prevents me from enjoying being in the moment. Is that spiritual or psychological? It's funny, the more clearly I see & understand, the more I see my own true self, if that makes any sense to anyone but me. And it makes me happy and a tiny bit excited too, like I'm hopping around not being able to stand still because I don't know where to look next because everything I see is so beautiful. That is, the stuff beneath the façade, behind the constructs we make for ourselves. Well, I guess that's my positive rant for the day.

• Like 1

Right now, I think this star (our Sun, this world, plane of existence, etc.) is meant for learning love. That's the end of the road at this stop, and then I/we move onto another star, with another thing to learn.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 3

I think focusing on the end goals would seem to overlook the fact that every path includes the journey and not just an end. If I begin this post by saying that the ultimate end goal of my belief is salvation when I am reunited with my saviour, lord and God.... and fail to address that the journey this path takes is guided by love (first for God, then for others and that everything done hinges on those two principles), then it can come across like I and those like me really are just selfish holes who are just in it for ourselves.

So yeah, there's my journey (love) and destination end goal (salvation). Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes :devil:

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 2

my two cents ; when we leave this , this place - is only the beginning of our total spiritual path. I believe ,some would go to a

schools of sorts - or go out finding like lost souls - And some of us choose to come back.... there is so much that happens

energy never really ends... it merely ,becomes something else,.

• Like 1

The truth - that'll cover it all I think.

• Like 2

My end goal is level seventy-two.

Or maybe seven. Life shouldn't be the difficult or hard.

The truth is I want to live every life that has ever been or will be and that always is.

I want to be a flock of birds. I want to be all of humanity at once. I want to lose my individuality to the collective.

These are all my end goals of my spiritual path. We want to worship with time machines. Just another tool. The real magic is inside.

• Like 3

I don't see it ending. Learning, growth and understanding is life long pursuit for me. It it goes on after death, cool, if not then I am not going to be around to care. I guess wisdom is the goal I am heading for, but wisdom is journey it is not an end. I'm at a point in my life where I am at peace with myself.

• Like 3

I don't think I have spiritual goals. I follow the Buddhist Noble Eightfold path, like some follow the Ten Commandments, because they seem good to me, but not for spiritual purposes. The same applies to other activities such as music and meditation. I'd love to spend a few million years in one of the Buddhist heavens, but since I doubt they really exist I will probably have to settle for being reborn a businessman.

• Like 1

To be with Father God in heaven through the Lord Jesus Christ. To be gathered to my family and friends and be a good spirit in the afterlife.

I don't think a spiritual path has an end. You have to continually grow and change, otherwise, what is the point of existing?

Exploring spirituality to me means I'm learning new things about myself and the world as often as possible and not letting it jade me one way or the other.

I hope there is no end.

My experiences lend to seeing things similarly.

I find life to be cyclical.

I envision my path of spiritual development to be a spiral path along a toroidal sphere. Oscillating energy outward and upward, then inward and down. Like waves, as they grow when they arrive at the point of highest extension/yang, then duality is expressed and the weight of the wave, the force of its excessive yang tumbles into its opposite/yin and the wave softens and yields to the conditions around it striking balance. A drawn bow settles in balance, this is one expression of the energy of Tao.

My own path follows a natural cycle. Periods of growth (learning, seeking), upward and outward and then a natural retreat, into solitude and introspection. Discovery, adaption and synthesis leading to greater awareness, which triggers in me a desire to reach out again with this new awareness to look at all I saw before with new eyes and before I know it, I'm back, expanding outward, reaching out and exploring again.

Although it can appear to be redundant and repetitive, I have not found this to be the case. Each trip around the sphere results in another aspect of awareness. The work is cumulative. One analogy I like is the ball. If I experience a ping pong size awareness and I read a book or have a conversation, I will have a ping pong ball sized understanding. If I experience a planet sized awareness...

Much like working through emotional problems, it can feel like we are repeating the same cycles over again and simply reliving the past. But I have found similarly, that this is also cumulative, at least in the context of actual spiritual introspection and work. If you are really pursuing to experience the source of your suffering, you will peel layers of the built up injury over time. Much like an onion is peeled. It will often feel like you've done this so many times before, why am I still here? Am I making no progress? etc...

In my experience I have found that I was not simply spinning in place, but peeling the many layers that built up over time. My wife and I have been together for 25 years. I have experienced in a couple areas of my life, peeling the onion to its core and finding nothing. The story I was carrying, I realized after peeling enough away, was a story that no longer applied to me. Dropping that emotional baggage was then as easy as dropping a heavy bag at the airport.

My path is beautifully spiraled. Cyclical and cumulative, leading to a more natural, open and loving awareness of life.

edit: to add

post-101621-0-02514200-1391622743_thumb.

Edited by quiXilver

Full disclosure for all everywhere.

The journey is my goal - to walk the path and meet needs along the way. What lies after the end is the victory celebration.

Valhalla

• Like 3

Valhalla

It would be nice if at the end of our lives were given a choice of where to 'go'...

Bureaucratic Angel: "So Mr Taun... While you didn't lead a perfect life, you at least weren't bad enough to warrant eternal damnation."

Me: "Uhhh... Thanks"

BA: "So here's what we can offer you: You have these choices of afterlife to choose from. Look these brochures over and make your selection. Be warned though that your decision is FINAL"

Me: "Uhhh ... All it says I can do in Heaven is sit around and sing all day."

BA: "Yes that's right. Only we call it 'Praising Gods Glory""

Me: "Ummm Okay... I'm not much of a singer - unless I get drunk"

BA: "That's definitly NOT going to happen in Heaven"

Me: "Yeah I kinda thought that....Ummm ... What about ... Oh wait... No alcohol.... Hmmm... Nope none in this one either.... 72 women?... Geeze one was hard enough to get along with..."

BA: (Growing a bit impaitent) "Have you made up your mind yet?"

Me: "Hmmm what's this? Valhalla.... Fighting all day long, feasting, drinking and wenching all night.... hey! Sign me up!"

BA: (To itself) "Dang, their advertising is killing us!"

• Like 2

I have goals, but no end goal. You dont need one to have a direction, not with my mindset at least. When I was child I found the christian church I visited so touching I couldn't help but cry with a straight face. Yet I've never proclaimed to believe in god because I dont want to lie about such a thing. That's not to say I wouldn't believe those who proclaim that, because I know my mindset's different and can accept that. It's more about respect.

And that's the biggest spiritual goal for me, maybe. To respect. Dont think there's any end-goal I can see, but that's the furthest I can see. No matter if it's one or a million lifetimes. To respect.

then it can come across like I and those like me really are just selfish holes who are just in it for ourselves. :devil:

Heard of false guilt? The devil has put that thought in your head. He's an accuser. "Why did God make salvation such a narrow path?"

http://www.gotquestions.org/narrow-path.html