Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

V2V: The wave of the future

Mantis914

Does anyone else get chills when they read stuff like this no less for it to be mandatory not optional for new cars courtesy of our govt? Already, newer vehicles have black boxes in them and hold data in there but this is cars "talking" to one another and sharing information. Yes, it may help reduce traffic accidents but what about the cons of such technology and just plain old human inattention? How long will it be before hackers take over the systems in the cars or also, just what information is going to be shared in the future and with who? Also, if someone has their radio turned up, how can they hear the audible warning and finally and most importantly, you have to get people to use their turn signals first before it can work...

It brings to mind the quote from John Spartan from Demolition Man: "Why don't you just shove a leash up my ... ?"

http://www.slashgear.com/us-to-mandate-v2v-car-to-car-communications-for-safer-roads-03315580/

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DieChecker

• Mantis914

• Rafterman

• spud the mackem

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds me actually of the movie I Robot, where Will Smith is trapped in a self drive car while being attacked by mega semi trailers full of evil robots.

Yeah... I don't see this system happening. Who's going to pay for it? Who's going to enforce it?

My car turns the screen wipers on when it rains, "peeps" when it gets too close to another car when parking, turns the lights on automatically,warns if the tyre pressures get low,tells you when it needs a drink of petrol,warns of ice on the road,and I just sit and wonder.

It's like everything else, the benefits are tremendous, but there are also dangers. It's all about balance.

Personally I would absolutely love a car that could talk to the cars a couple of miles down the road to tell me that there is a traffic jam.