Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Being Unemployed is a goood thing

Arkitecht

that's left wing economics for yah

Edited by spartan max2

Reverse psychology at it's best.Seems to be a running theme nowadays...

"At the beginning of this year, we noted that as part of this new day in health care, Americans would no longer be trapped in a job just to provide coverage for their families, and would have the opportunity to pursue their dreams."

I don't know what kind of dreams he's talking about but my dream is to provide stability for my family even if it means being "trapped in a job". Promoting irresponsibility is just plain wrong...

• Like 4

Promoting irresponsibility is just plain wrong...

It's what the left does. I had to fire a home health care worker recently and when she told the unemployment office that she couldn't live on the $300.00 a month they were going to give her, they told her to start having more kids. It's disgusting.

• Like 3

"At the beginning of this year, we noted that as part of this new day in health care, Americans would no longer be trapped in a job just to provide coverage for their families, and would have the opportunity to pursue their dreams."

I don't know what kind of dreams he's talking about but my dream is to provide stability for my family even if it means being "trapped in a job". Promoting irresponsibility is just plain wrong...

I know when i have been out of work I am sick to my stomach all day long and have trouble sleeping. I worry constantly thinking of my wife and kid.

• Like 3

From link:

Americans would no longer be trapped in a job just to provide coverage for their families, and would have the opportunity to pursue their dreams.

Sounds like a good idea. As long as their dream isn´t to sit on their **** all day doing nothing.

• Like 1

The Republicans are touting the fact that the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) expects the Affordable Care Act (ACA) to reduce the number of people working.

Guess what? This was one of the motivations for the ACA. It is a feature, not a bug. There are a lot of people who would prefer not to work and would not work if they had some other way to get health care insurance. Imagine a 62 year-old with diabetes and other health conditions. No insurer will touch this person. If they can get insurance at all they are looking at bill that will certainly run well over $10k a year. If this person has a job that provides insurance they will keep it until they qualify for Medicare no matter how much of a struggle it is to go to work each day.

Now with the ACA this person will be able to buy insurance at the same price as anyone else in the age 55-64 age group. If they can get by on their Social Security and prior savings then they may well decide to retire early. They may also qualify for a subsidy in the exchanges. Is this an awful story? You be the judge.

The other likely scenario is the case of a mother with a newly born child. She may want to spend some time at home with her kid, but may have no other way to pay for her health insurance if she leaves her job. The ACA will give her an opportunity to get lower cost insurance (possibly with a subsidy). Again, is a mother taking some off to be with a new born kid a horror story?

http://www.cepr.net/index.php/blogs/beat-the-press/cbo-says-obamacare-will-raise-wages

It's what the left does. I had to fire a home health care worker recently and when she told the unemployment office that she couldn't live on the $300.00 a month they were going to give her, they told her to start having more kids. It's disgusting.

geeze that's horrible, I cant believe they would tell people that

• Like 1

geeze that's horrible, I cant believe they would tell people that

I have a hard time believing hearsay from someone who thinks the government just dumped 8 inches of snow on my house...

I have a hard time believing hearsay from someone who thinks the government just dumped 8 inches of snow on my house...

I feel like this is referencing some thread that I don't know about :unsure2:

Sounds like a good idea. As long as their dream isn´t to sit on their **** all day doing nothing.

Good idea? Try sticking a loaded rifle in your mouth and pull the trigger. So if everyone follows this plan to pursue their dreams, who's going to pay for it all? Can you say non sustainable?

Good idea? Try sticking a loaded rifle in your mouth and pull the trigger. So if everyone follows this plan to pursue their dreams, who's going to pay for it all? Can you say non sustainable?

I have found that people who follow their dreams and are truly passionate about what they do usually end up being both happy and prosperous. it takes both hard work and being realistic, but it can definitely change that persons and many others lives for the better.

• Like 1

It's a great idea as long as tonnes of people dream of being garbage collectors, telephone sanitisers and bankers and so forth.

• Like 1

I think the Democrats see a real **** storm coming when employers start cutting the hours of their employers to 29.5 hours/week. It will be millions of workers affected, and right before the midterm elections. They can spin it any way they want but when the line on you paycheck showing our take home pay is suddenly cut by 1/4 or more, I don't think you will consider it "better."

Please remember these "wizards of smart" next November at the ballot box: Clean house, Senate too! And don't forget to vote out the RINOs as well.

• Like 4

I have found that people who follow their dreams and are truly passionate about what they do usually end up being both happy and prosperous. it takes both hard work and being realistic, but it can definitely change that persons and many others lives for the better.

This is true. But I never met one of those people, who didnt work while following their dreams. Most dreams require money.

• Like 2

Man alive, that is a great demonstration of modern day Newspeak. :cry:

Won't be trapped in a job....

I feel like this is referencing some thread that I don't know about :unsure2:

I don't know what he's talking about either.

• Like 1

And if he can't believe that I fired a nurse and that's what the unemployment office said, then he's got a stack of problems that he needs to work on. If I was a sheepish lefty, my word would be unquestioned and golden.

• Like 1

And if he can't believe that I fired a nurse and that's what the unemployment office said, then he's got a stack of problems that he needs to work on. If I was a sheepish lefty, my word would be unquestioned and golden.

Actually I was referring to your thread on chemically nucleated snow. And I have problems if I don't believe that the unemployment office said something that ridiculous? And finally, I am not a liberal.

I know when i have been out of work I am sick to my stomach all day long and have trouble sleeping. I worry constantly thinking of my wife and kid.

I feel that way, and I'm disabled ! My boys are grown now, and I have no wife, but I still feel useless. When all you've known is work all your life, having all day at home doing nothing isn't all it's cracked up to be. I used to be pretty naive though. I really thought everybody felt the same way about working as I did. Boy, did I ever learn.

A person this day and time can be unemployable because of past mistakes, and be proud of it. They replace the shame they should feel with violence towards others, and then they wonder why somebody doesn't respect them.

• Like 2

i have no reasons not to believe what uneployment office said, i've heard things a lot stranger than that from gvmnt office workers. i pbly would have hard time believeing myself if i did not hear it first hand.