Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK reveals footage of 'top secret' drone

Still Waters

Footage of Britain's new unmanned drone in flight were revealed on Wednesday.

The Taranis uses the latest stealth technology and is capable of launching precision air strikes in hostile territory.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26052931

• Like 2

Not that new Still... I posted on this about 18 months ago. The Test Flights are new and I am pleased the the UK did not buy into the EuroDrone "Talarion" (I was a designer on that project). The UK still has all the "smarts" to lead the world

• Like 3

I wish we had the smarts not to call something 'top secret' when everyone knows about it!

• Like 2

Could this be used as a SAR vehicle as well? like in remote far away places, like in mountains or dense jungles?

Where did this test flight take place? Australia, or Nellis Airforce base in the US?

Could this be used as a SAR vehicle as well? like in remote far away places, like in mountains or dense jungles?

i imagine it could. should have the full array of imaging equipment for seeking out targets, it is a bomber. but that doesn't mean it will ever be deployed in the SAR role.

• Like 1

Not that new Still... I posted on this about 18 months ago. The Test Flights are new and I am pleased the the UK did not buy into the EuroDrone "Talarion" (I was a designer on that project). The UK still has all the "smarts" to lead the world

Hopefully our cousins across the pond have also the balls to defend their technology should it fall into enemy hands...just now our leaders seem lacking in that department.

Hooray! Thank goodness the brutal austerity measures didnt undermine this magnificent project.

After all, projects like this are 'very good for the economy'. Access to [higher] education for the working class without drowning themselves in debt is overrated anyway.

• Like 1