Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Alien Cover Up Idea

Lilly

It's an easy copout since the past decade I've spent on the internet. Just say government covered it up, or government knows it, Bigfoot, Aliens, it doesn't matter.

• Like 2

Your answer wasn't worth more than one word and the perfect choice was "Fail" since you so spectacularly did just that.

We'd probably have to get into a very long discussion about the nature of technological innovation that looked back centuries, if not millenia, before we could reliably determine who was less full of fecal matter on this issue, don't you agree?

Huh? Whatever. Who cares. I'm not interested in debating you on it.

If the Eisenhower/ET meeting really happened, then doesn't the explosion of technological innovation we've witnessed in the last 65 years support its veracity?

Also, alien abduction reports have dropped off dramatically since their peak in the 80s and early 90s, which also lends credence to the notion that such a deal was cut.

Where are all these advancements?

Pollution is still here.

We still count on fossil fuels.

The president still flies around in a Helicopter.

Disease is still a huge problem. ( cancer, etc. )

Water shortages.

Wild Fires.

Hunger.

The US Debt.

I could go on and on.....Surely these advancements would stop this, or at the very least, put it in a downward spiral. It is the exact opposite.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 4

All technological leaps actually have a verifiable, plodding 'development history' biography behind them, do they?

What planet are you from? :w00t:

In one way or another, yes. I actually have a name for the evolutionary development - I call it the Zosering Effect.

Not to mention, if one were to accept the alien premise, it would only be possible if there were a single Government controlled technology development program that produced all innovation for the entire planet. That doesn't exist the last time I checked.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 2

Ive said many times before, that what causes the greatest leaps in innovation/technology, is usually war, or the threat of it, thus the need to stay ahead of the enemy. From the early biplane to the faster spitfire, then the jets.

From blanket bombing just to be sure we hit a target, to now the 'surgical strike' guided by lazer so it never misses.

From having fleets of top fighter pilots to now having pilot-less drones. UK and the US, Russia and China have very substantial budgets for developing whatever it takes to maintain the military edge.

Heck even your mobile phone and its GPS location/satnav tech came from military technology...

besides, most of the latest and greatest drones still need the very earthly invention... called wheels

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

So your argument is that the human race has not produced any inventors or pioneers of new technology, and it's all been borrowed or stolen from the ETs? So what about ground breaking technology such as the steam engine, the internal combustion engine, the airplane, the jet engine, radio communications, radar, the microwave oven, all of which predate this deal that Ike supposedly struck with the ETs? Were all those ET ideas too?

That's a good question and a very neglected area of research and discussion; obviously I don't have the answers but when you begin to poke around the history and timeline of different technological innovations a lot of intriguing and suggestive details begin to emerge.

If I'm not being specific its because I can't be bothered doing the work right now to dredge up and defend examples; I don't care whether you or anyone else here understands what I'm talking about or not.

Edited by GollyBuster

Examples of high tech that didn't please, going back to the bow and arrow and beyond.

Lemme take a wack at this. We discover, one day, that it's easier to kill something with a stick. But this leaves us wanting faster results, because we're tired of repeatedly poking things to death. Caveman Ted falls on a broken branch with a pointy end. Ted is Dead. We say, "Holy S***!!! Look at that!" So we make our killing sticks pointy.

One day we realized that things kept scratching us while we poked it with pointy sticks. So we stumble across projectiles. We liked that we could throw rocks at things from a distance but find it terribly blunt in design. We ask ourselves, "How can we make the pointy stick fly as far as a rock? Those rats in the sky fly pretty far. What's their secret?"

So we throw a rock at the flying rats, Try pulling different body parts off it until we get to the feathers. See where I'm going with this?

If you have even the most simplistic understanding of Anthropology, then you would be able to understand trials & tribulations.

• Like 2

We discover, one day, that it's easier to kill something with a stick.

Cue: Also Sprach Zarathustra...

But this leaves us wanting faster results, because we're tired of repeatedly poking things to death. Caveman Ted falls on a broken branch with a pointy end. Ted is Dead. We say, "Holy S***!!! Look at that!" So we make our killing sticks pointy.

Sorry, I lost track. Which ape invented the pointy stick?

One day we realized that things kept scratching us while we poked it with pointy sticks. So we stumble across projectiles.

Which ape invented projectiles?

We liked that we could throw rocks at things from a distance but find it terribly blunt in design. We ask ourselves, "How can we make the pointy stick fly as far as a rock? Those rats in the sky fly pretty far. What's their secret?"

So we throw a rock at the flying rats, Try pulling different body parts off it until we get to the feathers. See where I'm going with this?

No. Who are these unsung technological pioneers?

If you have even the most simplistic understanding of Anthropology, then you would be able to understand trials & tribulations.

How many things have you invented?

The irony is that there have been A LOT of leaks allegedly relaying information about such things, and yet the soapbox skeptics continue to blindly parrot the company line about it being impossible to keep such things secret.

There have been no credible leaks,do you think the Russians would have kept this quiet during the cold war if the leaks were genuine?

• Like 2

If I'm not being specific its because I can't be bothered doing the work right now to dredge up and defend examples; I don't care whether you or anyone else here understands what I'm talking about or not.

From what I see from your replies ( you seem to be able to be " bothered " to reply ) you are not going to do any work on being specific.

You look like you are trying to master being a smart ass, and have no discussion skills.

If you do not care what anyone else feels, or understands on what you are talking about, why the hell are you discussing it on a discussion board?

• Like 6

by your post, it shows me you will not give any direct answer to my question. It could be that you are going purely by your own opinion and did no research, so you are trying to manipulate peoples opinions with side step smart alec replies or perhaps you are trying to instigate arguments amongst the members. Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 2

My broken record response:

Wether you believe in ET visiting here, or not, if an ET visits here then chances are that it has "Hyperspace" technology.Such technology is like showing a flat screen tv to the first modern human 400,000 years ago.Such a race would be here to observe, and may at times help preserve our race in certain cases?They would have no need for us, because they command the Stars, and tells it what to do.

Those Zosers out there need to take the bags off their heads, because they do no favors to the research of UFO's, and most importantly the Human Race.

• Like 3

Where are all these advancements?

Pollution is still here.

We still count on fossil fuels.

The president still flies around in a Helicopter.

Disease is still a huge problem. ( cancer, etc. )

Water shortages.

Wild Fires.

Hunger.

The US Debt.

I could go on and on.....Surely these advancements would stop this, or at the very least, put it in a downward spiral. It is the exact opposite.

If the Eisenhower story is true, then the aliens chose to contact and offer their technology to an elite sector of society only.

The aliens surely must have known that such elite interests would strive to monopolise this technology and use it to exploit the lower classes.

Edited by GollyBuster
  • Like 2

Here you go.

http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-evolution-timeline-interactive

It even has fun point & click interactivity for you.

• Like 1

There have been no credible leaks,do you think the Russians would have kept this quiet during the cold war if the leaks were genuine?

I don't understand your point; educate yourself to appreciate that the Russians and the Americans collaborated on a great number of things during that silly smoke and mirrors show called the 'Cold War'.

First you said this:

If the Eisenhower/ET meeting really happened, then doesn't the explosion of technological innovation we've witnessed in the last 65 years support its veracity?

Also, alien abduction reports have dropped off dramatically since their peak in the 80s and early 90s, which also lends credence to the notion that such a deal was cut.

Then this, at which point I asaked you to "Name one." and you came back with this:

We'd probably have to get into a very long discussion about the nature of technological innovation that looked back centuries, if not millenia, before we could reliably determine who was less full of fecal matter on this issue, don't you agree?

Huh? Whatever. Who cares. I'm not interested in debating you on it.

Sorry but you made a very big assertion and asking you to provide just one example to prove your assertion doesn't seem to be such an onerous task does it?

Your original quote said the last 65 years of innovation are due to alien technology transfers so we don't need to go back millenia, we only need to go back 65 years and pick out one of these very obvious transfers of tech with no development trail behind it, so you can now drop the bows and arrows trajectory you are trying to steer this conversation to.

After you drop this alien tech bomb you don't have to do anything else since it is on us/me to prove that there is a verifiable development trail so no need to debate me either. So, let's have it.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 4

ok, I am going to play what if. so if I am an alien race, tested the planets tracking and defenses and know now they cant do really much about it. why bother wasting my peoples time, resources and negotiations to find a select people on this planet to trade bodies and give them technology. technology that some day they could use against my race? if I was an alien race I simpley go to remote towns, use sleeping gas during the night and abdupt many people I want. I would not send them back but well, destroy my captures when I am done. I also would not have my race joy riding and using crop circles like etcha sketches.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 4

ok, I am going to play what if. so if I am an alien race, tested the planets tracking and defenses and know now they cant do really much about it.if I was an alien race I simpley go to remote towns, use sleeping gas during the night and abdupt many people I want. I would not send them back but well, destroy my captures when I am done.

You wouldn't make a good wildlife researcher.

• Like 3

The aliens surely must have known that such elite interests would strive to monopolise this technology and use it to exploit the lower classes.

So, when do they start exploiting us? With this technology?

Why did Reagan die of Pneumonia and Alzheimer,s? No technological advancement to help him?

Is Richard Branson part of the " elite" ?...One of the richest men in the world.....Surely, he would not need to be spending so much money trying to get to the lowest part of space. He would be in this " elite " and not have to be doing it the way he is.

• Like 3

You wouldn't make a good wildlife researcher.

as an alien, I doubt I care about observing humans daily lives, just like humans with other cultures, not many care to understand them except make fun of them. also why risk having my free experiment blowing the lid after the abduction. again, it's all what if and it is my opinion.
  • Like 1

ok, I am going to play what if. so if I am an alien race, tested the planets tracking and defenses and know now they cant do really much about it. why bother wasting my peoples time, resources and negotiations to find a select people on this planet to trade bodies and give them technology. technology that some day they could use against my race? if I was an alien race I simpley go to remote towns, use sleeping gas during the night and abdupt many people I want. I would not send them back but well, destroy my captures when I am done. I also would not have my race joy riding and using crop circles like etcha sketches.

They could just take the homeless. No one would notice, and most ( selfish people of today ) would not care.

Easy pickens...

No need to make deals with the Governments.

" hey, those homeless guys over there, can we borrow them?..We will trade you this photon laser rifle for the lot "

" hey, while we are at it, can we take some of those junkies that are messed up on drugs and alcohol ? "

But hey, these dumb aliens keep mutilating Cows on farms, instead of taking a few and breeding them themselves. ( you know, they are not technically advanced enough to raise cattle )

• Like 3

If you do not care what anyone else feels, or understands on what you are talking about, why the hell are you discussing it on a discussion board?

Very simply, I can't be bothered committing myself to an in-depth debate on this issue at the moment and if you interpret that as some kind of weakness or failure on my part, then knock yourself out, you win.

• Like 1

If the Eisenhower story is true, then the aliens chose to contact and offer their technology to an elite sector of society only.

Who is this elite sector of society? What is this technology? How have they been hiding their use of it for several decades?

And why do I feel like three questions will lead to nine more questions?

• Like 2

Very simply, I can't be bothered committing myself to an in-depth debate on this issue at the moment and if you interpret that as some kind of weakness or failure on my part, then knock yourself out, you win.

But, you have time to reply with smart ass replies....That says a lot about your maturity and ability to discuss.

" Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

No, you win.

• Like 4

All technological leaps actually have a verifiable, plodding 'development history' biography behind them, do they?

What planet are you from? :w00t:

Yes, they in fact do. As boring and tedious it may sound...

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 3