Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

dogs are people too - scientific study

Sakari

I'm not so sure that dogs are 'people', but dogs are most certainly feeling, thinking, high functioning life forms that deserve to be treated as such.

• Like 8

I have to question what breed these scientists are sometimes.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

Never felt the true unconditional love / companionship of a dog huh?.....

You are missing out.

Never felt the true unconditional love / companionship of a dog huh?.....

You are missing out.

I have a wonderful, loving dog, he gets as much love back....but he is no person, he is my dog......and I am his "mummy". (Of course not biological)

• Like 1

Shaggy long haired unwashed white coated boffin dogs.
  • Like 1

My dog is considered a companion.. as my wolf was. And a friend.

I believe we talked....or maybe not. ( shared our lives with one also, a Wolf )

• Like 1

Yes :) I remember us talking about our wolves.

I LOVE dogs, they maintain that toddler-like wonder throughout their lives...reminds us to stop and enjoy life as much as they seem too :tu:

I'm curious about this wolf business - did you live with a literal wolf? I remember seeing a docu on Discovery about training animals for films. A trainer was being interviewed about a couple wolves (they may have been hybrids,) that he was working with. He said the wolf is like no other animal he's ever trained because they are so incredibly intuitive and their focus is very intense. He said they almost seem to know what he's going to command before he opens his mouth...

I LOVE dogs, they maintain that toddler-like wonder throughout their lives...reminds us to stop and enjoy life as much as they seem too :tu:

I'm curious about this wolf business - did you live with a literal wolf? I remember seeing a docu on Discovery about training animals for films. A trainer was being interviewed about a couple wolves (they may have been hybrids,) that he was working with. He said the wolf is like no other animal he's ever trained because they are so incredibly intuitive and their focus is very intense. He said they almost seem to know what he's going to command before he opens his mouth...

Look at my signature. ( page has 3 pages, first page, a video of her opening doors, we did not teach her that ) We also helped out a Wolf Wolf/dog sanctuary.....Any questions, feel free to PM me.

• Like 2

Well, here is your primary source, go to it:

http://www.emory.edu...f_note/dog.html

Very good, but it does not prove dogs are people, it basically states they can be trained to understand people...this is not new news. The study shows that dogs pay very close attention to human signals...but it does not mean they are people

This kind of study is extremely important, as it shows to those who are NOT aware that dogs can be unconditionally loyal and loving towards their owners, that any one who harms or abuses their dog (any pet really) should be prosecuted the same way one would be if harming or abuses a human.....IMO

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

This kind of study is extremely important, as it shows to those who are NOT aware that dogs can be unconditionally loyal and loving towards their owners, that any one who harms or abuses their dog (any pet really) should be prosecuted the same way one would be if harming or abuses a human.....IMO

:nw: :nw: :clap::tsu::tu::nw: :nw: :yes: :yes:

• Like 1

Very good, but it does not prove dogs are people, it basically states they can be trained to understand people...this is not new news. The study shows that dogs pay very close attention to human signals...but it does not mean they are people

Tell that to the Russians in Sochi, they're having a regular search and destroy dog round-up, and the cats are not faring any better.

(edit: left out the word "not")

Edited by Sundew
  • Like 1

Tell that to the Russians in Sochi, they're having a regular search and destroy dog round-up, and the cats are faring any better.

Would love to, but I am not big enough. Maybe Emory researcher Greg Berns could show them the study.

I have not heard about this, are the animal rights involved and please tell me where to find the story, this is a disgrace, but sadly not surprising.

Edited by freetoroam

I'm not so sure that dogs are 'people', but dogs are most certainly feeling, thinking, high functioning life forms that deserve to be treated as such.

Capt._Obvious.jpg

Would love to, but I am not big enough. Maybe Emory researcher Greg Berns could show them the study.

I have not heard about this, are the animal rights involved and please tell me where to find the story, this is a disgrace, but sadly not surprising.

I did not want to read it, makes me sick....It has a video, do not watch it....Just read.

Russians say authorities rounding up, poisoning stray dogs before Olympics

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/05/world/europe/russia-sochi-stray-dogs/

But....

A Russian billionaire has donated money for a shelter in a bid to save some of the hundreds of stray dogs that are being killed in preparation for ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/06/sports/olympics/racing-to-save-dogs-roaming-around-sochi.html

• Like 1

My dog is so bored. The snow and subzero temps are just really driving him batty. I refuse to walk him because he has bloody paws from the salt on the walkways. I cannot walk him because he limps home or I try to carry him , which I am not at all successful at since he is 87 pounds at last assessment.

My dog is so bored. The snow and subzero temps are just really driving him batty. I refuse to walk him because he has bloody paws from the salt on the walkways. I cannot walk him because he limps home or I try to carry him , which I am not at all successful at since he is 87 pounds at last assessment.

http://www.gundogsupply.com/bark-n-boots-polar-trex--individual-boots.html?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=googlebase&cvsfa=2266&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=4241524b2d4e2d424f4f54532d504f4c41522d545245582d2d494e444956494455414c2d424f4f5453&gclid=CIS924XquLwCFZFrfgodyVkAJA

Thank you. I will try and make four for my delightful dog. I would knit socks for him but it would gather snow and not protect. I thought about cloth of all manners without any personal satisfaction that it would work. I will look for leather and canvas. Your post is much appreciated.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 1

Thank you. I will try and make four for my delightful dog. I would knit socks for him but it would gather snow and not protect. I thought about cloth of all manners without any personal satisfaction that it would work. I will look for leather and canvas. Your post is much appreciated.

You are welcome :)

May take him a while to get used to them.

You are welcome :)

May take him a while to get used to them.

We will just work thru it. I am the alpha dog. He follows me.

Capt._Obvious.jpg

Perhaps obvious to you, but I assure you that many people do not see it this way..at all. Right now in Sochi dogs are being destroyed as mere nuisances, no thought whatsoever about their feelings or intellect.

• Like 2

Perhaps obvious to you, but I assure you that many people do not see it this way..at all. Right now in Sochi dogs are being destroyed as mere nuisances, no thought whatsoever about their feelings or intellect.

There is one in every crowd Lilly....( poster you quoted )

I wish they ( Olympians ) would all pack their bags and leave, in protest.......Makes me sick.