Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Life before birth—or even conception?

Still Waters

We’ve all ruminated about the possibility of life after death. But what about the notion of life before birth—or even conception?

While Christian theology denies such a thing is possible, the concept that life precedes physical fertilization is a given for people who believe in reincarnation. But is such an idea learned? Or is it based on an innate feeling about our own immortality?

http://www.psmag.com...fe-birth-73776/

• Like 2

As a christian i think life before death could be possible but as its not mentioned in the bible and no science to proof it ( i say this before reading the provided link ).

i sometimes wonder if life is a test we all agree too it before living but a condition of the test is that we have to forget life before we can enter it. maybe its a test to see if we can see god in his creation with out his forcing hand but who knows.

I take my cue from experience.

All life operates in a cycle.

We are not separate from nature.

We cycle.

Eternity would get awe fully boring without any risks. I think it's logical if we have an eternal spirit to engage in cycles of birth, death, and rebirth.

I'm also not opposed to the idea that there really is only one spirit dividing itself as to have a conscious existence. Humans already do this in their dreams.

Imaging dieing then wakeing up to discover you are god. Or there might be multiple and vast layers of life that we move through and evolve into. There really does not have to be a limit, and if there is, jus start over at a new point.

At risk of sounding crazy, I have been a spirit many times, I have been with the great spirit. I like being human. Only when I'm here on earth can I look and reflect and feel the amazing majesty of it all. Without this life I don't think the other can be appreciated.

After I die, I think I'd probably spend some time visiting and exploring, then I'm going to jump back in the mess. Though next time I might go for elephant, dolphine, or maybe an alien.

We’ve all ruminated about the possibility of life after death. But what about the notion of life before birth—or even conception?

While Christian theology denies such a thing is possible, the concept that life precedes physical fertilization is a given for people who believe in reincarnation. But is such an idea learned? Or is it based on an innate feeling about our own immortality?

http://www.psmag.com...fe-birth-73776/

Interesting question. I am currently doing research on a specific verse in the Quran that might surround the notion of life before birth/conception.

"They will say, "Our Lord, you have put us to death twice, and You gave us two lives; now we have confessed our sins. Is there any way out?" [40:11]

As a christian i think life before death could be possible but as its not mentioned in the bible and no science to proof it ( i say this before reading the provided link ).

i sometimes wonder if life is a test we all agree too it before living but a condition of the test is that we have to forget life before we can enter it. maybe its a test to see if we can see god in his creation with out his forcing hand but who knows.

If that were true I'd kick myself so hard I'd break a bone or two. What madman would willingly subject themselves to living on this earth with all of it's nasty things like money, hierarchy, conflict and disease. Brave but foolish.

Then too, many believe we live many lives. Reincarnation is a concept older than Christianity. While I have no idea if I have lived before, I can say that when I have read about certain periods in history I do feel a certain.....familiarity with the time. Like I can relate to it on a personal level.

Edited by keninsc
  • Like 1

Who are you asking jgirl?