Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Still Waters

Woolly mammoths, rhinos and other ice age beasts may have munched on high-protein wildflowers called forbs, new research suggests.

And far from living in a monotonous grassland, the mega-beasts inhabited a colorful Arctic landscape filled with flowering plants and diverse vegetation, the study researchers found.

http://www.livescien...te-flowers.html

• Like 2

I wonder if they ate dandelions too... and if it made them wet the bed. 'Cos that's what happens if you even touch dandelions. Am not kidding!

• Like 2

I wonder if they ate dandelions too... and if it made them wet the bed. 'Cos that's what happens if you even touch dandelions. Am not kidding!

Send me some of the dandelions, I have a list of people I wanna laugh at for p***ing their pants.
  • Like 1

Woolly hair and eating flowers = Hippies

• Like 3

I wonder if eating flowers made them all woolly? Also how come Woolly Mammoths get all the press, I just found out now that there were Woolly Rhinos!!

• Like 2

I thought mammoths only died out some 10-20,000 years ago. So why don't they just go looks and see what's growing where the animals lived? And if the area was scoured by ice during an ice age, then see what's growing at the southern edge of the former glaciation. It's not like we are talking the Jurassic here, many of the animals that lived along side the mammoth are still roaming those areas today and we can see exactly what they are eating. And I believe they have examined the contents of the stomachs of some of the frozen mammoths so they know what they fed upon.