Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cannibalism sold in China

susieice

I happened to come across this link and I find it hard to believe. Apparently, someone is selling human body parts as food in a specialty store. I wouldn't think any country would allow this.

http://eliteja.com/h...ts-eaten-china/

"willing buyer, willing seller"? Will be looking to see if I can find anything that verifies this.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

I found a link showing that the Chinese are eating infants (if true) but the pictures are so graphic I don't think Saru would appreciate me posting it in here. This is disgusting! I really just don't know what to say.

Going to edit. This link isn't as graphic.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/rights-so-divine/2012/may/10/chinese-cannibalism-infant-flesh-outrages-world/

Edited by susieice

I'm thinking that the photo in the article is part of the work of a controversial artist named Zhu Yu.

"Images from the piece have also been used in anti-Chinese propaganda, disseminated by e-mail with a short text attached explaining the images show China's "hottest food" and that dead fetuses can be bought for 10-12,000 Yen (approximately US$100 - US$120). Recipients are encouraged to forward the mail, and the explanatory text is written in both English and Korean script."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhu_Yu_(artist)

I found a link showing that the Chinese are eating infants (if true) but the pictures are so graphic I don't think Saru would appreciate me posting it in here. This is disgusting! I really just don't know what to say.

Going to edit. This link isn't as graphic.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/rights-so-divine/2012/may/10/chinese-cannibalism-infant-flesh-outrages-world/

Please see link above. It's alleged that it was just a duck with a dolls head grafted on.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/cannibal/fetus.asp

Hmm... citing the Daily Mail, combined with the fact that South Korea has never really gotten on well with any of its neighbors (actually I'm fairly certain everybody in that region would be more than happy to see the other blasted into the Stone Age), makes me think this is probably a bit of satirical propaganda taken way too seriously by us oh-so-serious Westerners.

Granted my knowledge of Chinese culture is quite linited, so I may have to look into that further.

That picture in your link was also in that first link I didn't want to post, but there were many others. I hope this is all propaganda.

I really hope you're right too DecoNoir, because I find it unsettling to think any of this could be true.

• Like 1

It's fake. First of all, that language on the 'meat' is not Chinese. It looks like some type of German language.

Second, it looks like someone put their feet in there. It doesn't look like 'meat'. It should not be so red, it should be turning white, like meat usually does when cut and packaged.

So, I'd say it's fake.

• Like 1

Everything you see on TV or your browser can not be taken as truth anymore,it's so irritating and damn annoying.The above article is just an example of the garbage you see plastered all over facebook every day.

Irksome I say.....

• Like 2

This sounds like the plot of a movie I saw years back called Dumplings. Bai Ling was in that one. I don't know if I would put much merit in this especially in the picture, the label isn't even in Chinese. The foot looks about as plastic as the wrapper that's around it... really, I've seen so many of these articles of dogs, cats, rats and now people, just seems like yet another xenophobic article directed at Asians.

• Like 1

Before I puke from disgust, I know that cannibalism is relelativly rare in "modern society", but not unheard of.

I choose not to provide graphic details, such as those from Russia and at least one from Montana(USA) as it is truly sickening.

However, a simple Google search will reveal much authoritative info. I have no idea about China.

• Like 1

I know there are individual cases that occur but I can't see a group of people, like a town or city, much less a country, just standing by and watching something like this happen. How can someone openly sell body pieces or babies for use as food without the people around them going into a state of horror? Not many people would be able to handle knowing something like this was happening. Who could live surrounded by a bunch of cannibals? I think this would have hit major news sources.

I searched in google and found a promotional stunt that was done in London for 2 days at the Smithfield Meat Market but none of it was actual human flesh. There were several as I said before, that had people in China consuming infants.

Wasn't there a thread in here awhile back where some man in Japan sold tickets for people to come and dine on his reproductive parts so to speak? I think he was charged for doing that but I can't really remember.

Dogs and cats are eaten in some cultures. It's gross to us, but it isn't to them. I know someone who went to a South American country and told me they eat guinea pigs. Wouldn't think there's much meat but I know I couldn't do it. They're considered pets here in the US.

Edited by susieice

In times past, such activity was considered a "warrior's deed" amongst certain peoples.

These days, it seems to be a split between a warped sexual fetish(such as in the notorious German case) or selling human meat, portrayed as other meat, on the local market(Russia)

It seems this Chinese thing is spurred by fertility and strength. The practice of only allowing a couple to have one child is also blamed. Yen could persuade doctors and hospitals to sell unwanted infants and fetuses but I still think it would be against the law. It can't be an open practice amongst the public, could it?

Edited by susieice

It seems this Chinese thing is spurred by fertility and strength. The practice of only allowing a couple to have one child is also blamed. Yen could persuade doctors and hospitals to sell unwanted infants and fetuses but I still think it would be against the law. It can't be an open practice amongst the public, could it?

Perhaps for eventual "sex slaves", likely not dinner. I don't know.

It can't be an open practice amongst the public, could it?

No.

But the earlier thing that you alluded to... the Japanese guy cutting off, cooking and serving his 'privates', I believe that that may have been true.

Edit: GAK!

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

No.

But the earlier thing that you alluded to... the Japanese guy cutting off, cooking and serving his 'privates', I believe that that may have been true.

Edit: GAK!

That exact thing happened in Montana(USA)

The poor child was cut-up, cooked, mixed in a stew and served(un-beknownst) to his neighbor's.

He is serving a life sentence now, perhaps even the death penalty. Not sure about the penalty.

It´s a fake . The label is in German language and the translation is:

Company : Fin and Kick Ltd.

Description : Boiling meat (foot)

• Like 2

For a lighter, funnier take on cannibalism I recommend for your viewing pleasure - CONSUMING PASSIONS

A rather twisted story about a soon to be bankrupt family Chocolatier that prospers wildly after "work accident" on the factory floor.. :w00t: As dark humor goes, it was hilarious!

Aside from the fact that the language on the sticker is Germanic and in Euros, I think the foot itself is healthy and put through a hole for effect.Blood is obviously flowing for it to keep that 'pinky red' colour

Edited by TopToffee
  • Like 1

That picture in your link was also in that first link I didn't want to post, but there were many others. I hope this is all propaganda.

I really hope you're right too DecoNoir, because I find it unsettling to think any of this could be true.

"They eat babies" has been used since time immemorial to tar the enemy/neighbours. :(

• Like 4