Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chimpanzee's seen eating Leopard

seeder

Researchers in Africa have discovered a huge population of 'unusually large' chimps who feast on leopards and giant snails in what is being described as the continent's 'last untouched wilderness'.

The previously unknown 'mega-culture' was found in the heart of the Bili-Uele forest in the Democratic Republic of Congo by researchers, who trekked thousands of miles dodging armed police and militia to get there.

And they were stunned to see the chimps eating leopard and huge African snails, whose shells they pound open on rocks.

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2sk23Ue4W

I think the statement that they 'feast' on Leopards may be an exaggeration... perhaps they just witnessed the one leopard being eaten?

typo

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

I witnessed chimpanzees eating Kebabs whilst on a night out.Alas, when I got closer I realised it was just the locals.. :huh:

Edited by TopToffee
  • Like 3

I think they will eat anything if they are hungry. Same as humans.

• Like 2

Researchers in Africa have discovered a huge population of 'unusually large' chimps who feast on leopards and giant snails in what is being described as the continent's 'last untouched wilderness'. The previously unknown 'mega-culture' was found in the heart of the Bili-Uele forest in the Democratic Republic of Congo by researchers, who trekked thousands of miles dodging armed police and militia to get there.

I´ve heard a rumor, that the chimps are very professional in crop circle making. And the chimp leaders are British Airways frequent flyers.

• Like 1

Perhaps this is the new rise of "humanity" for when the rest of us are wiped out by pandemic or war. I think Mother Earth has likely cycled through this renewal of civilization many times in the millions of years or even billions of years she has existed.

• Like 1

Giant apes with a society where they seem to have jobs and are eating meat?

So, thats where Gorilla Grodd's gonna come from

• Like 1

Seeder!

You missed a great chance to title the thread, "Chimps Spotted Eating Leopard".

• Like 4

Are these different then the Bili Ape chimps? The article says they were found in the Bili forest.

Interesting how the chimp is carrying the stick around to pick up insects to eat and ignoring all the fruit laying around.

• Like 1

You all don't understand or realize this is actually the birthplace of primate rebellion against human dominance. The movies have long known of this.

Rise_of_the_Planet_of_the_Apes_Poster.jpg

Edited by Ashyne
  • Like 1

Wow! A 7'-1" tall chimp. That is one big effing monkey.

:unsure2:

• Like 1

Are these different then the Bili Ape chimps? The article says they were found in the Bili forest.

Interesting how the chimp is carrying the stick around to pick up insects to eat and ignoring all the fruit laying around.

That´s intelligence. Insects are full protein and fruits cannot move away. So, insects first. And leopards

and snakes as well.

Edited by toast
  • Like 2

To bad some cowardly poacher will try to kill these creatures so they can chop off their feet or sell them to useless little pricked collectors.

I cant wait until some alien race begins to treat the laughable human race like we treat, what we consider to be, lower life forms. It will be hilarious to see the head of a over-stuffed, bloated ass hunter on the wall of some alien overlord.

Hilarious.

(I had a conversation with a hunter once. He tried to convince me that shooting a unarmed creature from a 100 yards away while sitting in a tree stand was a sport. I laughed and told the sportsman to run across his yard without getting winded...the jiggling of his gut told me he was not amused. HA!!!)

Edited by Azznerak the Black
  • Like 2

To bad some cowardly poacher will try to kill these creatures so they can chop off their feet or sell them to useless little pricked collectors.

I cant wait until some alien race begins to treat the laughable human race like we treat, what we consider to be, lower life forms. It will be hilarious to see the head of a over-stuffed, bloated ass hunter on the wall of some alien overlord.

Hilarious.

(I had a conversation with a hunter once. He tried to convince me that shooting a unarmed creature from a 100 yards away while sitting in a tree stand was a sport. I laughed and told the sportsman to run across his yard without getting winded...the jiggling of his gut told me he was not amused. HA!!!)

Isn't that just a product of the evolutionary process?

We aren't strong, or fast as other species so we've built tools to put us on even or better footing. That gun is what allows us to stand a chance against animals.

• Like 1

Biliape.jpg

Look at that lil jerks face.

You just know hes planning poopy death flinging

EDIT

**oppsie, got one past censors w/o thinking about it**

Edited by Scheming B
  • Like 2

Isn't that just a product of the evolutionary process?

We aren't strong, or fast as other species so we've built tools to put us on even or better footing. That gun is what allows us to stand a chance against animals.

well... think about that: We, in the comparison, have the capacity to build roads, build huge industrial complexe, agriculture, do art, politics, write, etc... And I truly think that if we can't use to god damn unique gift that nature to surpass the daily relfexes of survival... well it does what we are doing right now: We are a civilisation of ''four year's old'' with a gun in hand.

And by the way, the meaning of evolution is not survival of the strongest, but rather the survival of the one who adapts to best. Or else we would still have T-Rex and velociraptor running around, right? But we don't. When the dinosaurs died out, the small rodent like mammals are the one who were the best suited for survival and thus brought out this modern age where the mammals took over. But sadly... I don't see humanity adapting to the environment... instead we kill and pollutes the soil and water who feeds us. This century is truly the time where we will know if we adapt our activity to what earth can take, or if we are the reasons of our own demise.

Edited by Bildr
  • Like 2

Hilarious.

I totally agree with you. Only problem is it will be our heads too.

And tbh, that's ok too. We are decimating this planet. Maybe someone else will take care of it and it's creatures.

• Like 1

When they grow to that size it's hard to find chaps that will fit them.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Biliape.jpg

Look at that lil jerks face.

You just know hes planning poopy death flinging

Awww. But he looks so cute and innocent to do something like that. :whistle:

• Like 1

well... think about that: We, in the comparison, have the capacity to build roads, build huge industrial complexe, agriculture, do art, politics, write, etc... And I truly think that if we can't use to god damn unique gift that nature to surpass the daily relfexes of survival... well it does what we are doing right now: We are a civilisation of ''four year's old'' with a gun in hand.

And by the way, the meaning of evolution is not survival of the strongest, but rather the survival of the one who adapts to best. Or else we would still have T-Rex and velociraptor running around, right? But we don't. When the dinosaurs died out, the small rodent like mammals are the one who were the best suited for survival and thus brought out this modern age where the mammals took over. But sadly... I don't see humanity adapting to the environment... instead we kill and pollutes the soil and water who feeds us. This century is truly the time where we will know if we adapt our activity to what earth can take, or if we are the reasons of our own demise.

Is that not what makes mankind unique among animals though? The fact that we not only adapt to the environment (clothing, shelters, heating, air conditioning, etc.), but that we also change the environment to better suit us. It is this very fact in my opinion that sets us apart from the other animals, our ability to both adapt to the environment deliberately and consciously, and also, to change the environment to better suit us. Whether this unique adaptation benefits us or destroys us over the long term remains to be seen.

• Like 1